What's your favourite vodka that is easy to get in Thailand?

tomster

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

If you're swapping to light beer I guess it's because of weight? Light beer has around .32 grams of sugar per 12 oz serve.

All spirits are into the 20 grams per shot so even if you dilute by 5 or 6 the sugar content will dwarf not only the light beer but also full strength beers in sugar content.

Stay away form tonic water as its also loaded with sugar.

Sodas, soft-drinks as we call them are packed with sugar.

So basically a waste of time drinking any spirit diluted if weight is an issue for you.

If you're swapping light for normal beer and adding vodka diluted because you think you might be drinking too much, then the answer to limiting the effect of alcohol on you is cutting down on intake not swapping the witch for a b.tch. 

If your drinking alcohol for a buzz, sugar is the least of your worries.

..... moderation

Actually drink very little alcohol.  Kind of like my liver, and can't remember last time I got past a couple (2) Mojitos or 1 liter of beer.  Over a decade since last time I had a hangover.  Kid's stuff, and cut that out when I hit 50 yrs old.

Edited by KhunLA

13 hours ago, PeachCH said:

ULTIMATE Polish vodka, made from a mash of 70% Potato and 30% wheat and rye. A little bit expensive, but high quality. Sold in a handmade blue crystal bottle. 

So you pay more for the bottle than the contents eh?   LOL

• Haha 1

Some people almost seem proud how much alcohol they drink or the hangovers they suffer...it's just ridiculous.

Word of advice to drink alcohol in moderation and preferably not at all.

Alcohol is detrimental to the liver.

Edited by userabcd
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tonsan said:

Has to be Russian Standard. Blows the socks off Stoli and Absolut. 650 - 700 baht.

IMG_20220109_231035.jpg

Yep, my personal favourite. Difficult to find around my locale (Banchang / Rayong) these days though.

Stolichnaya a distant #2, a serviceable voddy for the price.

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Did you ever drink a bottle of say Grey Goose and not get a hangover?

I don't particularly like Grey Goose. Finlandia is a nice drop. Might have been what I was mixing with that Kulov Vodka that made the hangover worse. It was a bottle of green stuff from 7-11.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Willing to wager, downing a full "bottle" of Grey Goose (or any) would do ya about the same. ????????

Probably but I can drink cheap whiskey like Grouse or Bells and not get much of a hangover.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, userabcd said:

Some people almost seem proud how much alcohol they drink or the hangovers they suffer...it's just ridiculous.

Word of advice to drink alcohol in moderation and preferably not at all.

Alcohol is detrimental to the liver.

If that's a pop at me I can't drink for the vast majority of the year so the first thing I usually do, when I can is buy a bottle or two. I probably drink less than most people on here.

Can anyone tell me what a good vodka should taste like? To me it is the alcoholic drink version of tofu, it just tastes of whatever it is mixed with. Other spirits - whisky, whiskey, brandy, rum, gin etc - have very distinctive flavours, but have subtle variations from brand to brand, whereas all vodkas seem to taste (or more accurately not taste) alike. There is presumably someone out there who drinks neat vodka who can explain the differences between the brands, but until then I shall stick to drinks with individual characteristics. But there again, I've never understood the fascination with champagne, surely the blandest of all wines, so what do I know?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Red Cock 150bht from all Tesco branches.

You can't beat a 'Red Cock' in the morning.

IMG_20170322_121914.jpg

And if you like Gin, they've made this one just for you .......

(BigC 220bht)

received_10155123677553749 (1).jpeg

Apparently, you've never been properly introduced to either vodka or gin.  But, worry not, you've got lighter fluid and/or paint thinner covered. You were joking, right?

5 hours ago, Polaky said:

Grey Goose definitely but pricy, beats the rusky's hands down, drink it straight, don't ruin it by mixing, it also acts as a testosterone Booster, so your gf might get a surprise ????

Bo**ocks!

On 1/10/2022 at 7:10 PM, KannikaP said:

Google 'where is Gilbey's made' and the first answer is Mauritius, then USA, and originally London. 

All l know is it’s obviously still aged in burnished oak and is/was from the UK. It’s a fine vodka, punching well above its class and even comes in respectably weighted glass bottles that you can freeze with abandon-and you should, if you want to bring the smoke to the surface. You can pay more for trend-chasing vodkas, but you’d be foolish to do so. Or not. It’s your dough. 

People are a strange specie on earth. They have taste which is important but when independent tests are done, by scientists they almost never know to chose their favorite brand or even to choose the expensive brands like beer, wine and spirits.

I think it is a lot of blabla about this item.

But I believe in the taste of yes this is nice or not nice, stay at that and you are wise, even with a hangover????