Crawling back into the ring in my mid fifties! What can I expect?

Grecian

1 hour ago, CM Dad said:

I've lived here for 34 years and I have made many good Thai friends who have always treated me with kindness and generosity.  I avoid the bar scene and am wary of complaining expats.  While I have many non-Thai acquaintances, there are only a handful that I would call friends.  Many think that just because you have a common language and/or share a nationality then you should be best buddies when nothing could be further from reality.  Real friendship is earned and develops over time.

Ditto that. I'm fresh off the place compared to you, I've only been here a couple of decades, but in that time I've whittled down the farang friendships to one or two. Thai friends two or three, one of them calls me his big brother. He was educated in Australia though so he has a clear concept of farangism.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Hungry chicks put out if you are a hansum man!

Someone asked if KFC would suffice. As a matter of fact one asked for McDonald's and a few beers to get in the mood.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Ignorance is bliss actually

Ignorance is a bliss until Thai way of life affects you. In a way I completely understand guys not wanting to get into a relationship. But I like relationships.  I'm a needy man. 

28 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

You don't have to resort to bars to find women as seems to be a theme, and locus with some posters here. Thailand has millions of beautiful 30-40 something women who would love to meet and marry a decent moderately behaved falang. Go to any food hall in the lunch period around Siam / Central and there will be wall to wall middle class, degree educated, single, corporate-employed ladies of every shape, size, and look.

Most are ultra  respectable, characterless and not adventurous enough to want to  be involved with a 'graceless white ape'

Bar girls are far more accepting of us and have more life experiences  and are more adventurous.

• Like 1

Plenty of dating sites, including free ones. Just put up a profile and wait for the replies (saves wasting time fruitlessly contacting many girls). Be honest, do not claim you have loads of assets and be specific about what you want (marriage or short relationship, if willing to live in Thailand, area of Thailand) best ages is about 10-20 years younger (i found 30-40 year olds very keen). Only problem is with many bars closed is a lot of girls looking for Pay for play ..... But you can filter most of these out after a dozen messages. 

As for marriage and finances, Whatever you think it will cost, you should double it! Be aware that if settling in Thailand you need adequate finances/pension (see visa threads).

On 1/10/2022 at 1:13 AM, Grecian said:

So, what romantically does the wisdom of the forum awaits me? 

I'm talking gf not p4p.

You dreamer you!

You will pay, even if not in cash on the dressing table in the morning.

IMO, many farangs think that "nice" Thai girls are just waiting for some old not so hansum farang to take them away from their "boring" life 5555555555555555555555.

• Like 1