Why Do Isaan Girls Make Such Great Wives

Guest Isaanlife

Just now, Isaanlife said:

You have any statistics or just making that up as you go?

I don't even drink and I never have.

Do you have a social network of expats where you live? Or is it just you and your wifes family you socialize with? 

22 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

100,000 each isn't anything, Won't even pay for a 4 year college in most places.

What does having all the modern toys have to do with anything?

Explain why your wife can't set a limit?

With over 100 relatives in the same area, my wife has no problems setting limits or saying no.

Was nice speaking with you...

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Try again, why is it so many alchoholics among the expats in Isan? 

I don't know? do you think it is because of their Issan wives?

Is there even any statistics that there are more alcoholism among Issan expats? 

And even if it was , is it possible that it might be do to other reasons , and that if it was not because of their Isaan wives there would be even more?  

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd rather be alone, than live with an ugly woman.

And I'm not so poor I need to live off one.

I also remember you posting about how wonderful your last relationship was.

Which didn't end all that well either.

But don't worry, a high earning ugly one is sure to be different.

What is an ugly woman? I have met ugly beautiful looking women and I have met beautiful ugly looking women. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Indeed, I commend and admire the tremendous resiliency of Thai women, particularly Issan women. They've developed it well as they've had to contend with:

1) Often ineffectual Thai men.

2) Difficult children of any gender.

3) The ridiculousness of their government.

4) Extreme poverty, having to make do with very little.

5) The main contributing factor to most of Thai culture, their natural environment. The harshness of extreme heat, then extreme rains, droughts, floods, and the challenges these bring.

Plans are always being canceled and changed. Things are usually up in the air. It's why I believe they've handled Covid better than other countries. They're used to this sort of thing. Oh, we can't do it this way? We'll do it this other way. It'll get done eventually. Might not be perfect, but oh well. Westerners tend to get extremely annoyed by this sort of thing, yet they just go with it. Heh.

Unfortunately, this leads to a bit too much permissiveness when it comes to members of the family, whom they want to continue helping no matter the laziness and bad attitudes. So when it comes down to the money from my modest teacher's salary, I have to put my foot down and say no, that abled body young person isn't getting anything from us, not when I know there's jobs available in town.

• Like 2

I am not sure what's so special about Isaan women. Aren't they just like other Thai women everywhere, no matter the region.

My missus is from the Islamic deep south (Yala Province) but makes for a great partner too, and I have met other lovely women/girls from all regions in Thailand. Never noticed much of a difference based on their place of origin.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I don't know? do you think it is because of their Issan wives?

Is there even any statistics that there are more alcoholism among Issan expats? 

And even if it was , is it possible that it might be do to other reasons , and that if it was not because of their Isaan wives there would be even more?  

I believe they struggled long time before they moved to Isan, and I know some wanted to get out of Pattaya and live healthy on the country side with their love of the life. I also believe the boredom and the lack of social life comparing to Pattaya weared them down. Life in Isan takes a different mentallity and different approach than living in a city or tourist place. 

No, no statistic, just based on my own experience and what I have seen. Alcholism combined with bad overall health and also some few with obvious mental issues. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

5) The main contributing factor to most of Thai culture, their natural environment. The harshness of extreme heat, then extreme rains, droughts, floods, and the challenges these bring.

Off topic,

I've never viewed the Thai climate as harsh.

I's not as if the country is covered in snow and ice for 4 months of the year.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I believe they struggled long time before they moved to Isan, and I know some wanted to get out of Pattaya and live healthy on the country side with their love of the life. I also believe the boredom and the lack of social life comparing to Pattaya weared them down. Life in Isan takes a different mentallity and different approach than living in a city or tourist place. 

No, no statistic, just based on my own experience and what I have seen. Alcholism combined with bad overall health and also some few with obvious mental issues. 

I am not saying that there aren't , I don't know any, but then again I don't know many expats, we mostly keep to ourselves. But If indeed there are. the reasons you mentioned are probably it. and mostly boredom. You know what they say, "an idle mind is the devils workshop" .

I Think issan wives have had a more difficult life than in the richest areas of Thailand and are maybe a little more appreciative ,But not only Issan wives,  In general I find Issan people to be more friendly than most Thais. 

But as I said, my experience is limited.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I agree regarding looking after finances.

Majority will have a poor education and come from poor back grounds with little knowledge of how to manage budget / pay bills / stash money away for rainy day.

I'm a big boy now and can look after my own finances thank you very much. Most marital issues are always about money. 

Exactly.   Maybe part of my DNA but I also like to have intelligent conversations about money, finances, investing etc.  A guy that has no knowledge and just responds with " I know nothing she takes care of everything " just seems a little out of touch and uneducated for 2022.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am not saying that there aren't , I don't know any, but then again I don't know many expats, we mostly keep to ourselves. But If indeed there are. the reasons you mentioned are probably it. and mostly boredom. You know what they say, "an idle mind is the devils workshop" .

I Think issan wives have had a more difficult life than in the richest areas of Thailand and are maybe a little more appreciative ,But not only Issan wives,  In general I find Issan people to be more friendly than most Thais. 

But as I said, my experience is limited.  

There is many genuin people in Thailand, and also in the south as one mentioned in the more muslim areas where I did spend some time climbing a few years 20 years back. Not only the women but also to men in those areas where great, and I made some few good friends among them to, and to be true, I have only managed to frequently riding motorbike with a few thais from Isan, but will not call them friends since we do not have much in common except motorbikes. 

Edited by Hummin

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Off topic,

I've never viewed the Thai climate as harsh.

I's not as if the country is covered in snow and ice for 4 months of the year.

Er. Several provinces get routinely covered in water.

It's on topic. They soldier on, particularly the women. In the West, they take to Twitter to whine about the lack of avocado in their burritos.

c1_1744329.jpg

• Like 1