Why Do Isaan Girls Make Such Great Wives

Guest Isaanlife

Why Do Isaan Girls Make Such Great Wives?

I have never had on issue with my Isaan wife.

In fact I let her take care of 100% of everything, including finances.

Married for 12+ years never had an issue one.

Much more westernized and free-wheeling since she has been with me.

She could hold her own in any country around the globe.

Sometimes people only need an opportunity and can develop themselves into something remarkable and unexpected.

It probably helps I can say yes to anything with a straight face and mean it!

The Thai woman is as diversed as any women in any country, and when I look at young thai boys trying to please their gf´s and coming wifes, it is far from many of the ladys I have dated in my time here in Thailand. Posh spoiled girls who have complete control of their bf´s. Even in the village the attitude from the girls to the boys is quite remarkable and the boys really have to fight and struggle for the more popular ones. 

I guess many thai wifes see us as good paid off work and of course a future to fight for and make sure we are pleased if they believe they have a good future with us. 

I gave my gf my credit card and my bank card, so far she have not dissapointed me. A good test in the beginning of the relationship. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some people say all (Thai) women are bad.

Some people say all (Thai) women are good.

What's the point of this nonsense?

People are different. And mostly there are not even good and bad people. People are complex. They have often good sides and bad sides.

What matters is that each of us finds one or more individuals who are somehow similar or complement each other. There is no such thing as all Isaan girls have all these things in common. Except one: They are all from Isaan.

Perhaps, circumstances, and the Isaan way of raising the girls gives them a different attitude to relationships than those raised in the metropolis? 

They are also probably more inclined to want to spend time with a husband in a rural community, build a home, than the city girls.

Yes it does also depend what the guy is looking for, unfortunately some guys get that bit wrong, life in Isaan does not fit all

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Perhaps, circumstances, and the Isaan way of raising the girls gives them a different attitude to relationships than those raised in the metropolis? 

They are also probably more inclined to want to spend time with a husband in a rural community, build a home, than the city girls.

Yes it does also depend what the guy is looking for, unfortunately some guys get that bit wrong, life in Isaan does not fit all

Life in Isan is a challenge for most, but some make it better than other. In my village, and my experience, their is more alchoholics among the expats than those who is a bit more careful about their drinking. Why is it so? Is it because Isan woman and their family make them so happy? 

Edited by Hummin

Guest Isaanlife
27 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

It isn't about being the "man", we live next her parents and sister, and extended family and if I don't mind helping them financially I have to set the limit to protect the future of out two girls.

And since I can't imagine such future in Thailand I want to leave them with the means to resettle in Australia, NY or EU. This implies passports, perfect English and at least 100000 USD for each.  In the meantime I want want them to have all the toys modern, connected life can give them.

100,000 each isn't anything, Won't even pay for a 4 year college in most places.

What does having all the modern toys have to do with anything?

Explain why your wife can't set a limit?

With over 100 relatives in the same area, my wife has no problems setting limits or saying no.

Guest Isaanlife
10 minutes ago, 473geo said:

How is life in Isaan any different than anywhere else?

Go shopping? Check

Dine out? Check

Go on Holiday? Check

Own house and car? Check

Drink Beer? Check

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Everything you say in your post is great, the financial part I am not fan.

Are you the provider? A man should have control over the financial desicions and finances any where, just my opinion.

Sounds like backward thinking from the 1960's.

Ever tried to read an Isaan electric bill?

I will leave all that to the Mrs. thank you very much, and the grocery shopping and anything else I hate to do!

1 minute ago, Isaanlife said:

How is life in Isaan any different than anywhere else?

Go shopping? Check

Dine out? Check

Go on Holiday? Check

Own house and car? Check

Drink Beer? Check

Go shopping 200 km roundtrip

Dine out? Really ????

yep, go holiday every month

yes, a farm and a few pieces of land my gf owns, I own only my things I can drive on wheels. Very  Cheap land and get a offer every week to buy more

I understand why men drink in Isan

• Like 1

Guest Isaanlife
8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Life in Isan is a challenge for most, but some make it better than other. In my village, and my experience, their is more alchoholics among the expats than those who is a bit more careful about their drinking. Why is it so?

More alcoholics in your village that those who is a bit more careful.....

That makes so sense at all?

Guest Isaanlife
1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Go shopping 200 km roundtrip

Dine out? Really ????

yep, go holiday every month

yes, a farm and a few pieces of land my gf owns, I own only my things I can drive on wheels. Very  Cheap land and get a offer every week to buy more

I understand why men drink in Isan

Why stay if you are hating it so much?

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What??

Honestly are you wondering why there are less alcoholics among those who are careful about their drinking?

Are you drinking?? LOL

Try again, why is it so many alchoholics among the expats in Isan? 

Guest Isaanlife
25 minutes ago, BE88 said:

Completely agree with you, the origin is not a quality mark but only the choice of a person with whom you decide to live is what matters most,

Classify a person by his origin and be fundamentally racist.

Huh?

Guest Isaanlife
2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Try again, why is it so many alchoholics among the expats in Isan? 

You have any statistics or just making that up as you go?

I don't even drink and I never have.

Guest Isaanlife
2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What else is there to do for an old guy (in Issan)?

Buffalo riding.

Now that is something else you can do!