Why Do Isaan Girls Make Such Great Wives

Guest Isaanlife

3 hours ago, Screaming said:

The old geezers on this forum are delusional if they think that the Thai ladies love them for their looks or personality. It is your money stupid.

Thailand-handsome-man.jpg

haha, this picture was used to make this meme here

I use it once in a while when women try to blame some stupid choices on "Thai Culture"

they hate it.

GBTgNsd.jpg

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Do you think they changed after they got married?

Most guys I know never pretended to be more than they were.

No I don't think they changed much. But I know for certain  that just  as foreigners  aren't aware of some Thai socio cultural values so many thais aren't aware the pot belly, vest and flip flops, foul mouthed, inarticulate inadequates are border line Hebephreniacs one step away from homeless  rough sleepers unable to cope with reality.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Isaan girls can make great wives,  They have traditional values.  Because of Thailand’s caste system, light skin girls have perceived higher value.  Just flip on Thai TV to see the pasty white Chinese/Thai girls on shows and in ads.  Expats offer these lower caste girls financial security for their families.  That said, there are plenty of wonderful light skin girls in Isaan.  You just gotta find the right one

Fortunately I don't care about the colour of skin. 

9 minutes ago, kekalot said:

haha, this picture was used to make this meme here

I use it once in a while when women try to blame some stupid choices on "Thai Culture"

they hate it.

GBTgNsd.jpg

Money has always been the principal influence in relationships and marriage. Romantic love is attributed to Walt Disney.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The misery of small village  agrarian  life is not unique but in Issan its particularly  soul destroying. The brightest and the best get out but its the same in the west too

You're aware that most women in Pattaya and many in Bangkok come from the Issan? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No I don't think they changed much. But I know for certain  that just  as foreigners  aren't aware of some Thai socio cultural values so many thais aren't aware the pot belly, vest and flip flops, foul mouthed, inarticulate inadequates are border line Hebephreniacs one step away from homeless  rough sleepers unable to cope with reality.

I think you're being a bit unfair to foreign guys.

Do you really expect a Brit plumber/brickie not to swear?

Do you think the Thai guys and gals don't swear every other word?

I hardly see any Thais not wearing flip-flops.

Bit of double standards from you IMHO.

• Like 1

Not sure about that, majority of Issaan women are totally influenced by money and many have husbands and boyfriends and I am including Nurses and Teachers here. I have been coming to Issaan/lived here for 24 years. I am not bitter, just speaking the truth, I would not change where I live

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Really? Tell me more. Why are you out of the opinion that a man is more suitable to have control of the finances?

If it´s just that you have not grown out of the way of thinking in the middle ages, just don´t bother.

I think you missed the gist of Bkk’s post; the man being the ‘provider’. If both put in and are on an equal footing, then that’s different. Do find guys giving everything and letting their wives also control their finances a little bit strange. It’s that mommy’s boy syndrome isn’t it? These types also typically have to ask if they can go out. F a doodle do! Yep, mommy’s boys, sorry. Hey, but whatever floats yer boat and you’re happy. ????

• Like 1

Yes, all women and wives are different, big revelation! All women who want to be taken care of are opportunists, wherever they come, whatever their 'class'. I had a hiso wife, I could have been the opportunist, but that lifestyle was not for me. Now I have a nice brown Isaan wife, an opportunist, trust completely, but I'm better managing the money. They key for me was to live no where near her family. My wife, her daughter and I live in Samui, completely different life than Issan. Building a house soon. Her desires are met and so are mine. Great friend, slaves at home without a thought, cooking skills better than any restaurant (Thai or farang), very attractive, great in the sack, and generally fun to be with. Does she need my support? Absolutely (although she wants to invest our money or start a business. Is she well educated? No. Is her English perfect? No. So, sometimes I go out and talk with others about events/ideas that are foreign to her. Despite being an "opportunist", do I believe she loves me completely, if my decent income was halved overnight and we had to live an austere life, absolutely! So, <deleted> around, date hiso/low-so, Thai or Western, its your life...but in answer to the OP, I found my Issan treasure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The misery of small village  agrarian  life is not unique but in Issan its particularly  soul destroying. The brightest and the best get out but its the same in the west too

Living on a big land be it Isan or any place in the world is freedom for many, especially if you have enough money to make something out of it for you and your family, and you do not need to make any profit. Just for the pleasure of growing and breeding what you eat. Have a garden with trees, fruit and vegetables. Also in the western world especially during covid, small farms have been quite popular again. The same happend after ww2. Many hi so rich and we are talking filting rich BKK people, have invested in Farms in Isan to and other places in Prachuap, Kanchanaburi, Especially  Phetcabun the last few years where they have driven the prices crazy high the last few years. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

Together for three days before marrying. Been together for 16 years.

Doesn't drink or smoke (cigarettes).

She cuts my hair, gives me a manicure and pedicure and even showers me.

Cooks, cleans, irons, shops, does the laundry and...believe it or not....has just built and paid for (out of her own money)..... a three bed house for us both to live in.

26 years younger than me, never asked for penny for herself or her family.

Still very slim and very pretty.

What's not to like?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Screaming said:

The old geezers on this forum are delusional if they think that the Thai ladies love them for their looks or personality. It is your money stupid.

Thailand-handsome-man.jpg

Well, it can't be a picture of an "old geezer" because he doesn't have a zimmer frame or a fat wallet so it must be a picture of yourself! Try some plastic surgery if you are having problems getting a girlfriend! :cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Living on a big land be it Isan or any place in the world is freedom for many, especially if you have enough money to make something out of it for you and your family, and you do not need to make any profit. Just for the pleasure of growing and breeding what you eat. Have a garden with trees, fruit and vegetables. Also in the western world especially during covid, small farms have been quite popular again. The same happend after ww2. Many hi so rich and we are talking filting rich BKK people, have invested in Farms in Isan to and other places in Prachuap, Kanchanaburi, Especially  Phetcabun the last few years where they have driven the prices crazy high the last few years. 

Thanks for your reply. Yes I know what you mean...but for gregarious  people a village is not just stifling  its claustrophobic...and I know farming is hard work..I'm a city boy happiest  under the glow of neon with aroma of diesel around

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I say all women are opportunists.

How badly you get treated by them, usually depends on the opportunity you give them to take from you.

Not entirely correct.  The extent of opportunity to take from you is significantly greater in countries where the legal and bureaucratic frameworks favor women over men...Basically all Western countries...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

We have our moments, but overall my issan girl is the best thing that ever happened to me.

12 years married, 14 coming to Thailand, 1 year living here full time, I hardly know what Thai money look like and I like it that way. 

you might feel different after 4-5 years living with her full time>
my kalisan wife was a lady from hell>
My Kep Cambodian one is a gods send

and to add to that i could give ya the name of at least a half a dozen other farangs whose Issan ladies were the witches

Edited by zzzzz

First let me congratulate you on your successful marriage. 
The OP has been married 12+ years.  When I first visited Bangkok  in 2017 I stayed in an apartment in a large hotel in Onut for three months.
One of the Thai  employees was especially helpful and friendly to me.  He spoke perfect English so we were able to communicate well.  He was probably around mid thirties.  He was married, had children, and lived in the countryside.  Can’t recall where, but not close to Bangkok I recall.  He was working at the hotel for six months to make money, then return home to his family. 
He told me at that time, the attitude of Thai people changed in the last 15 years.  He said back then people were friendlier. It was a nicer atmosphere.  Even in a large city such as Bangkok.  They did not focus too much on material things as they do now. He said now a days the focus is too much on cash, and material things.  And people don’t care as much about each other compared to back then.

So maybe that is one reason why people post how happy they are in marriage to a Thai woman.  I noticed that quite a few have been married for a very long time. Most of the posts I see regarding marriage issues are of fairly recent marriages. 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I know what you mean...but for gregarious  people a village is not just stifling  its claustrophobic...and I know farming is hard work..I'm a city boy happiest  under the glow of neon with aroma of diesel around

It is not claustrophobic when you have big enough land, a few houses and bungalows, as well outside space ounder roof, a pond, animals and you have workers doing the job for you. Free to leave whenever you want. 

I disagree. My Isaan ex-wife was a complete disaster.

Came from a good family, with money and land etc.

Ex-wife was a qualified lawyer, with a long list of academic qualifications.

Had a good job in Bangkok.

But a nightmare wife - lazy, dishonest, unloyal, and crazy.

We divorced a long time ago.

I remarried a bar girl (not from Isaan) and she has been brilliant for nearly two decades.

• Like 1