Why Do Isaan Girls Make Such Great Wives

Guest Isaanlife

14 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

In fact I let her take care of 100% of everything, including finances.

Many men have been burnt allowing their wives to take care of their finances, just saying, ask the guy up the road in our village, haven't seen him come out of the rented house he lives in, his wife blew his superannuation, about 6,000,000 baht investing in 3 bars in Pattaya, the gambled it all, now selling fried chicken in front of their rented house. I could tell you a fair few stories, but they become boring after a while.

Trust is one thing, your finances are another, but hey, if your comfortable with putting it in all in, I hope you have the best hand. 

14 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Married for 12+ years never had an issue one.

Married 15 years and never had an issue either, but I hold all the cards, as I said above, trust is one thing, but your life's saving are another, i.e. unless your talking about your monthly pension which you could easily take back control of if you ever needed to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

you might feel different after 4-5 years living with her full time>
my kalisan wife was a lady from hell>
My Kep Cambodian one is a gods send

and to add to that i could give ya the name of at least a half a dozen other farangs whose Issan ladies were the witches

I an sorry to hear that it did not work out for you , it does not always work out. But happy that in the end you found happiness with your Cambodian Lady. I have lived with my Issan lady for over 12 years, (she was in the US with me and has dual citizenship ) . She came over on a Fiancé visa and we got married in the US, for the past 12 years we were coming to Thailand every year for a couple of months, but after I retired we moved here full time about a year ago. She can be a real (word the rhymes with witch but starts with B)  at times ,  but I am no bed of roses either . I cant imagine a life with out her and she without me  so it it works

• Like 2

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

I think you missed the gist of Bkk’s post; the man being the ‘provider’. If both put in and are on an equal footing, then that’s different. Do find guys giving everything and letting their wives also control their finances a little bit strange. It’s that mommy’s boy syndrome isn’t it? These types also typically have to ask if they can go out. F a doodle do! Yep, mommy’s boys, sorry. Hey, but whatever floats yer boat and you’re happy. ????

Yes, and you control the money, and therefore a real man.

Guest Isaanlife
3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Do they? Your sample size is ONE. ????

Plenty of horror stories.

Why means it is a question.

Guest Isaanlife
3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Big statement. 

Still waiting for sample size. 

Have you researched this? 

The question is WHY do Isaan girls make great wives.

It is asking a question not a statement of fact.

Geez

Guest Isaanlife
4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Many men have been burnt allowing their wives to take care of their finances, just saying, ask the guy up the road in our village, haven't seen him come out of the rented house he lives in, his wife blew his superannuation, about 6,000,000 baht investing in 3 bars in Pattaya, the gambled it all, now selling fried chicken in front of their rented house. I could tell you a fair few stories, but they become boring after a while.

Trust is one thing, your finances are another, but hey, if your comfortable with putting it in all in, I hope you have the best hand. 

Married 15 years and never had an issue either, but I hold all the cards, as I said above, trust is one thing, but your life's saving are another, i.e. unless your talking about your monthly pension which you could easily take back control of if you ever needed to.

Another 1 in a million, I know a panic story reply.

Everyone knows the 1 panic story out of 66,000,000  people in Thailand.

You ever happen to think many men that end up in Thailand are just not that swift?

Here is something else to think about?

Pretty, pretty damn sure there are Thai women more educated than a lot of the farang's that moved to Thailand.

My wife's cousin comes to mind. Married a Japanese. College graduated in finance. She makes a lot of money in currency trading. 

You think she is trusted with the finances? 100% yes.

Now a few expats are lucky to be married to women maybe a little swifter than they are. 

The unswift expacts, well maybe they are not so fortunate or did not chose well or some other wild reasons why they cannot even trust their own wife with money? Never quite understand you would get married in the first place?

If you cannot trust your own wife with all the finances? Well?

You married her and why would you ever marry a person you cannot trust?

Believe it or not, there are some really educated normal, farang/thai couples. 

Many wives have been abroad, educated, dual citizens, can handle their own business.

If you married someone that you cannot trust with money, that is your own stupid fault.

Guest Isaanlife
7 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Not sure about that, majority of Issaan women are totally influenced by money and many have husbands and boyfriends and I am including Nurses and Teachers here. I have been coming to Issaan/lived here for 24 years. I am not bitter, just speaking the truth, I would not change where I live

And zero facts to back up your boisterous claim.

Ridiculous. A majority? Because you said so?

Truth is backed by fact, not wild speculation.

How many women live in all of Isaan? Go ahead and look it up because you have no idea.

So there is no way you can make a claim of a majority of anything.

Guest Isaanlife
7 hours ago, micmichd said:

Fortunately I don't care about the colour of skin. 

No one said anything about skin color except you.

We are talking about coming from a certain geographic region in Thailand.

Guest Isaanlife
7 hours ago, 2009 said:

Issan women are for a fling, not marriage.

It is really hard to find marriage material here, especially Isaan.

Most have not been well-raised.

You could say the exact same thing about many expats.

Dont agree with the poster.  There are exceptions but I think generally Thai women who have been in touch with the glitz and worked in it make very poor mothers of the kids they already have from thai guys and mae make poor partners.  I have 2 very good examples to support my claim but not reveal the details on this forum. Just saying

• Like 2

Guest Isaanlife
7 hours ago, ed strong said:

Issan women are uneducated and their best chance of making anything in their life is either through being on the game. A terrible situation for any women.

So a half decent falang with a decent wad of cash and diminishing timeliness, provides them with a great opportunity.

Bit like us enduring a <deleted>ty job for 40 years because of the final year pension salary and just getting your head down and doing what needs to be done.

Of course this is quite a good situation for most ex pats as they get a younger better looking version of anything they may have pulled on their own country.

Win win if you can deal with someone that comes from a completely different culture.

Probably a lot of women that graduated from Khan Kaen Uni and others much smarter than you.

I will travel soon in Thailand. Where would one want to start in Isaan for a quiet lifestyle but with the opportunity to rent a really nice villa like the ones in Phuket/Samui. Whenever I check the internet Isaan region barely shows anything. Thanks!

Edited by stat

Guest Isaanlife
6 hours ago, swm59nj said:

First let me congratulate you on your successful marriage. 
The OP has been married 12+ years.  When I first visited Bangkok  in 2017 I stayed in an apartment in a large hotel in Onut for three months.
One of the Thai  employees was especially helpful and friendly to me.  He spoke perfect English so we were able to communicate well.  He was probably around mid thirties.  He was married, had children, and lived in the countryside.  Can’t recall where, but not close to Bangkok I recall.  He was working at the hotel for six months to make money, then return home to his family. 
He told me at that time, the attitude of Thai people changed in the last 15 years.  He said back then people were friendlier. It was a nicer atmosphere.  Even in a large city such as Bangkok.  They did not focus too much on material things as they do now. He said now a days the focus is too much on cash, and material things.  And people don’t care as much about each other compared to back then.

So maybe that is one reason why people post how happy they are in marriage to a Thai woman.  I noticed that quite a few have been married for a very long time. Most of the posts I see regarding marriage issues are of fairly recent marriages. 

now a days the focus is too much on cash, and material things.

Hits the nail right on the head.

Ask anyone that was here before the internet and mobile phones how nice the Thai people were back then.

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yea them ... no argument here.

Hey, easy on the rubber sandals.  Some folks ain't got the back needed to put on socks or lace up the trainers.

So easy for males to present well.

Shower -Shave -Short Haircut- Trim or No Beard-Clean Fixed Teeth -Clean Simple Clothes -No Singlets or Flip Flops- Proper Shoes - Covered or No Tattoos - Classic Tees & Shirts.

No Gut ( Decent Diet / Exercise).

Ideal Extras :- 
Decent Clean Accom. & Vehicle.

Light Tan / Water / Sleep / Relax. 
No Booze/ Cigs/ Drugs/Junk Food.

Surprising how few manage these????

Females more difficult as need all the above  plus Complex Hair/ Skin / Make Up / Complex Clothing & Shoes / Jewelry/ Accessories/ Piercings / Children.????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Isaanlife
10 minutes ago, stat said:

I will travel soon in Thailand. Where would one want to start in Isaan for a quiet lifestyle but with the opportunity to rent a really nice villa like the ones in Phuket/Samui. Whenever I check the internet Isaan region barely shows anything. Thanks!

Sorry no nice villas in my area of Isaan.

isaan.png

16 hours ago, 473geo said:

Perhaps, circumstances, and the Isaan way of raising the girls gives them a different attitude to relationships than those raised in the metropolis? 

I suspect it's not just Isaan girls?

My wife was born and raised in Samut Prakarn, then moved to Bangkok for work, but her upbringing within the Thai culture has created a person who feels a strong duty of care to the man who looks after her

She's cosmopolitan, and travels well internationally, she's also strong willed and very smart, but the cornerstone of her world is her husband and her family.  Maybe genetic as well as culture, but it's a common trait with Thai girls.

We all know there are exceptions, and they help propagate the apocryphal stories of gold diggers and sick buffalo's, and poverty is a strong driver, but there do seem to many example of Thai girls making great wives, wherever they may be born.

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone, Issan women are great.  I give my Issan girl all my money to do whatever she wants with, and supplicate to her every whim, and I never have any problems with her. ????‍♂️

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

So easy for males to present well.

Shower -Shave -Short Haircut- Trim or No Beard-Clean Fixed Teeth -Clean Simple Clothes -No Singlets or Flip Flops- Proper Shoes - Covered or No Tattoos - Classic Tees & Shirts.

No Gut ( Decent Diet / Exercise).

Ideal Extras :- 
Decent Clean Accom. & Vehicle.

Light Tan / Water / Sleep / Relax. 
No Booze/ Cigs/ Drugs/Junk Food.

Surprising how few manage these????

Females more difficult as need all the above  plus Complex Hair/ Skin / Make Up / Complex Clothing & Shoes / Jewelry/ Accessories/ Piercings / Children.????

In reality though: women just need to flash the gash, and men just need to flash the cash.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some people say all (Thai) women are bad.

Some people say all (Thai) women are good.

What's the point of this nonsense?

People are different. And mostly there are not even good and bad people. People are complex. They have often good sides and bad sides.

What matters is that each of us finds one or more individuals who are somehow similar or complement each other. There is no such thing as all Isaan girls have all these things in common. Except one: They are all from Isaan.

There is an (old?) saying:

"You gotta find someone where the rocks in her head match the holes in your head"

That maybe is the country way of saying two people  complement each other.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Probably a lot of women that graduated from Khan Kaen Uni and others much smarter than you.

I'm not sure graduating from university here makes a person smart. Rote learning, and obedience to authority. Plenty of freelancers in Pattaya claiming to have Ph. D's.

My Thai GF cannot read a map. OTOH, she is street smart, which to me is more important.

• Like 1