Why Do Isaan Girls Make Such Great Wives

Guest Isaanlife

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I say all women are opportunists.

How badly you get treated by them, usually depends on the opportunity you give them to take from you.

It may depend upon what you have to offer.

If in your case every woman only wants your money or property...

Well what do you conclude from that?

7 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

And zero facts to back up your boisterous claim.

Ridiculous. A majority? Because you said so?

Truth is backed by fact, not wild speculation.

How many women live in all of Isaan? Go ahead and look it up because you have no idea.

So there is no way you can make a claim of a majority of anything.

I think I caught a big fish here????????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Many men have been burnt allowing their wives to take care of their finances, just saying, ask the guy up the road in our village, haven't seen him come out of the rented house he lives in, his wife blew his superannuation, about 6,000,000 baht investing in 3 bars in Pattaya, the gambled it all, now selling fried chicken in front of their rented house. I could tell you a fair few stories, but they become boring after a while.

Trust is one thing, your finances are another, but hey, if your comfortable with putting it in all in, I hope you have the best hand. 

Married 15 years and never had an issue either, but I hold all the cards, as I said above, trust is one thing, but your life's saving are another, i.e. unless your talking about your monthly pension which you could easily take back control of if you ever needed to.

It is a difference to cut your finger or cut off your head!

My gf take care of everything economicle, I transfer money to her, but she can not control my assets. I take care of savings and income. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

You can have that quiet lifestyle in places other than Isaan. Not a thing wrong with Isaan but the only reason expats settle there is for the sake of their lady.

Thats the reason why we ending up on that specific place, but many of us have experience with living rural place before we ending up in Isan for an e.g. Others see the adventure of it, and then you have those who is tired of the tourist places of different reasons. Mostly alchohol abuse, and believe it is not going to help moving to a "quiet" place in Isan

If you live in a typical isan village, it is far from a quiet life if you do not have distance to your neighbours. Most sleep before 9 in the evening, and start waking up 4. in the morning. There is alot of daily noise and also in the night from dogs and cats. The chickens can start as early as 3 in the morning. 5 and 5:30 the village boss have their morning session with Isan music, news and commands, and also the temples if you live close by who start chanting. The village boss have big speakers around the village to make sure he is heard. So you need to distance you from your neighbours, pretty much same if you want peace and quiet in more urban areas, you need to know the place and also have the resources to buy something that give you space from the noise. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 5:45 AM, CharlieH said:

Ithink its Thai women in general, thats why there are so many of us married to them.

I believe they meet the criteria and attitude of what we believe a "wife" should be, and totally the opposite to what many (most?) of us encountered and left behind in the West. ????

Totally agree, my wife of 8+ years from the far east of Issan can be trusted on all fronts, a truly fantastic lady, only thing I do is a bit of shopping macro etc when needed, 

But i must say not all Issan ladies are the same 

17 minutes ago, fredscats said:

They never had much,until farang came around,would never have much

One of the sillier statements I've ever read.  Most Thais I know are quite flush, much more so than myself, and I'm far from skint.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

One of the sillier statements I've ever read.  Most Thais I know are quite flush, much more so than myself, and I'm far from skint.

Nothing silly about the truth. It's boring to be stuck amongst poor people.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Another 1 in a million, I know a panic story reply.

Everyone knows the 1 panic story out of 66,000,000  people in Thailand.

You ever happen to think many men that end up in Thailand are just not that swift?

Here is something else to think about?

Pretty, pretty damn sure there are Thai women more educated than a lot of the farang's that moved to Thailand.

My wife's cousin comes to mind. Married a Japanese. College graduated in finance. She makes a lot of money in currency trading. 

You think she is trusted with the finances? 100% yes.

Now a few expats are lucky to be married to women maybe a little swifter than they are. 

The unswift expacts, well maybe they are not so fortunate or did not chose well or some other wild reasons why they cannot even trust their own wife with money? Never quite understand you would get married in the first place?

If you cannot trust your own wife with all the finances? Well?

You married her and why would you ever marry a person you cannot trust?

Believe it or not, there are some really educated normal, farang/thai couples. 

Many wives have been abroad, educated, dual citizens, can handle their own business.

If you married someone that you cannot trust with money, that is your own stupid fault.

It appears I hit a raw nerve, well I'll be blown away.....LOL

Trust as I mentioned has nothing to do with ones own finances, if you cannot see that, which it appears you cannot, then I am not going to try and convince you of that and wish you luck in going all in, if it works for you, then who am I to judge you, on the flip side, I would appreciate you toning your future replies down a notch, no need to flip your lid mate, this is a public forum and if you don't like what I said, then move on, or respond without the angst.

I did say each to their own, and if your comfortable putting it all in, then boo hoo for you, you obviously don't look into the future, i.e. when and if the relationship goes pair shape, she could do anything in a split second with your finances and then you will realise that going all in was not the right choice.

Your words: "Sometimes people only need an opportunity and can develop themselves into something remarkable and unexpected".

There can be a flip side to your above comment and I truly hope it doesn't come to that, but what I have learned in life is to NEVER allow anyone else, wives included to involve themselves with YOUR finances, now if that leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, then that is your problem, the world doesn't revolve around your ONLY point of view.

I do what I feel makes me sleep better at night and my wife is the closest person to me who I love dearly, that said, why the hell would I want her to look after my finances when tomorrow she could disappear or gamble my money away, not her character at all, but as the old saying goes; money changes people.

That said, it's obvious you don't have a plan B, being all in, and that is where people end up, where they end up.

I'm done, rant over, if you can call it that. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

The question is WHY do Isaan girls make great wives.

It is asking a question not a statement of fact.

Geez

Strange question. 

I have a few strange questions too 

Why does it always snow in Thailand? 

And

Why does our solar system have 15 planets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

the only problem with thais is limited english. filipinas speak fluent english. thus i prefer them

Many girls in Thailand is eductated by their bf´s willing to teach them, and been patient to make sure they speak, cook, do not spend to much money, and then broken their hearth after some few years. And they are truly educated and know what real happiness is, and what a good man is. If they learned their lesson and grow form it. 

I found one like that, and I think we both had our learnings from before, and both know what we want, how we want it, and also same goals for the future. She take care of me, I take care of her!

19 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Flush?   that is called bank loan

I don't thinks so.  Owning multiple houses & cars, when retired is not on credit.  10-20-30 rai of land, one bil owns 70 rai, just gave wife and most family members wanting one a rai.  Only wife and nephew accepted, and most had too much already.

Put kids through Uni ...  seriously think you need a better (financially) circle of friends & family.

Who do you think is driving all the SUVs & 4X4s, not the farangs.

Even is on bank loans ... they paying for it, so not skint.  Existed quite well, way before farangs arrived.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1

On 1/13/2022 at 7:23 AM, sirineou said:

What??

Honestly are you wondering why there are less alcoholics among those who are careful about their drinking?

Are you drinking?? LOL

From what I have seen from farangs in the 14 years I have been here, who I have known for years, still know or who have died, moved away elsewhere, who have obvious drinking problems, I would say about 50%.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2022 at 7:28 AM, Hummin said:

Try again, why is it so many alchoholics among the expats in Isan? 

I live in a village/small town upcountry, but not in Issan. I don't think there is any difference, though at the moment there are no farangs living here or nearby.

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You and I are on the same page.

I support my family, and I pay for everything, if my wife needs money for something she will ask, she is fine with that and I am fine with that.

She is happy and I am happy with the way I control my finances, I say mine because I made it on my own, she enjoys the life she has and has no problem with me controlling my finances, that said, what I do with my money, is always my decision, she is my wife, she has no finances to contribute to the relationship, so she is on a win, she has a big house, nice car, furniture, gold etc, of course paid for by her happy farang husband of 15 years, she also gets to travel overseas and domestically and stay in nice hotels, all expenses paid for her by her farang husband, I suppose she is right, I am her sugar daddy....LOL

If tomorrow we split, she is good with what she has and I am good from what I have, my finances are my survival, if I put them all in the "card game of love", I could lose, so why gamble when you have what you have.

True, she got a small farm, a couple of motorbikes, and thats it. I will leave behind about 3 million baht if we split up, but thats the only long term investment I have made, and I look at it as said before, salery and rent for taking care of me if we brake up. We pretty much stay together all the time, do mostly the same things, have the same goals, and also the most important, we take care of each other. 

In the beginning of our relationship, I gave her a credit card with 250 000 bath in it, and told her to use what she need. She always ask me for small money when she needed something or send money to her parents on holidays etc. not more than her brother could afford to send. So they contribute equal. This is how I got to know her and learned to trust her. 

She have not let me down one single time with money, or trying to push me to give her parents anything. But I decided to upgrade their house for around 150 000,- since we where living with them in the beginning. Every night her father slept at our (her) land while we where building, so nobody could stell from us. They contribute, help us, stay at our farm while we travelling so there is always somebody there 24 hours. 

I know many do not find the same as me, and I can understand many think every falang on the country side suffer from Stockholm syndrome (some do yes), but some also do find happiness and a meaning with life there as well. And god, how good a good meal and a bottle of wine taste when you arrive BKK or any other city or tourist place. Just to dress up, go out and enjoy life, see people and have a good holiday. I never felt that while living at a tourist destination or more urban place after a couple of weeks. 

That said, Isan life is not for everybody, and I have soon 20 years experience in Thailand and now more that 5 years with my lady travelling together and also living together 3 years before we finely made our move in the beginning of covid. It was actually covid that made me decide it was time to get out of the city. So, I who never wanted to live in Isan, did it, and are happy up there. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

the only problem with thais is limited english. filipinas speak fluent english. thus i prefer them

My only problem with Thais is that most of them, are nice, honest, reliable, nonconfrontational people, but with limited intelligence. Their road behavior is dreadful and bears that out.

Please note, I am not saying all of them, but most of them.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 7:04 AM, BE88 said:

Completely agree with you, the origin is not a quality mark but only the choice of a person with whom you decide to live is what matters most,

Classify a person by his origin and be fundamentally racist.

what a silly use of the word racist

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

No one said anything about skin color except you.

We are talking about coming from a certain geographic region in Thailand.

You're talking about Issan ladies, and my lady is from Issan. Bashed even by rich Bangkokians, and bashed by Caucasians. 

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Together for three days before marrying. Been together for 16 years.

Doesn't drink or smoke (cigarettes).

She cuts my hair, gives me a manicure and pedicure and even showers me.

Cooks, cleans, irons, shops, does the laundry and...believe it or not....has just built and paid for (out of her own money)..... a three bed house for us both to live in.

26 years younger than me, never asked for penny for herself or her family.

Still very slim and very pretty.

What's not to like?

Can I have her phone number please.

• Haha 2