Why Do Isaan Girls Make Such Great Wives

Guest Isaanlife

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have plenty of 'personality' but sadly it's nearly all bad.

No sure about 'failure', all relationships fail at some point, unless you're lucky enough for one of you to die before it fails. Even Bezos and Gates managed to fail in the recent past, along with Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt .......... imagine them not being good enough to satisfy their 'lower class' women with all they had to offer?

None of those you mention come across as bristling with personality, fame, money and looks in some cases but personality nah

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Everything you say in your post is great, the financial part I am not fan.

Are you the provider? A man should have control over the financial desicions and finances any where, just my opinion.

Farang Provider should retain substantial control over Assets & Finances. Approve & Fund major items before Purchase for sure. 
Make that TOTAL Control if Parasite Family lurking behind Thai Wife (although that would be a deal breaker under my Zero Tolerance female pre- commitment policy criteria).

Discovering and Enjoying non- Western Women is a Fundamental Western Male Human Right ! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

How is life in Isaan any different than anywhere else?

Go shopping? Check

Dine out? Check

Go on Holiday? Check

Own house and car? Check

Drink Beer? Check

The misery of small village  agrarian  life is not unique but in Issan its particularly  soul destroying. The brightest and the best get out but its the same in the west too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The misery of small village  agrarian  life is not unique but in Issan its particularly  soul destroying. The brightest and the best get out but its the same in the west too

Longest I managed was 3 nights.

Couldn't even buy a bag of cheese and onion crisps at the local shops.

(Lomsak, so not Issan)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

If they are that great why does the divorce rate seem as high as from anywhere! Mine has not got up yet, it's quiet though!

Maybe its the limited quality of options for the Isaan girl that makes the successful marriages even more remarkable ????

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Careful not to upset our permanent settler peers with buffalo & rice farms up country ! I settled in Phuket for the Tropical Paradise type Lifestyle. Never Disappointed in 17 years …..Could never tolerate City or Country Living here, except Weekends. Need Beach - Sea -Water Sport, combined with Pool Villa - Hills- Forest- Quiet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I enjoy the village life, being a guy who left the countryside to work in the big city, having done the work hard play hard, a bit of travel, now relaxing in an environment I understand, can choose my daily input, getting up to pretty much a good day weatherwise, always something going on. Maybe Isaan isn't the place for those who didn't manage much other than work intheir younger days? For some of us it is a relaxing 'part 2'

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The foreign men they marry might be a clue to the divorce rate.

Met a few, when I did associate with some expats, and have to say, I felt sorry for the wives.

Then the ones crying in the beer about being 'taken' .... I can understand why they ended that relationship also, after about 5 minutes of their yakkin' away.  Miserable lot.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Huh?

My wife is also Isaan, but I would be careful to point out Isaan girls are the best wife as I have known many Isaan girls very bad people.

Edited by BE88
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BE88 said:

My wife is also Isaan, but I would be careful to point out Isaan girls are the best wife as I have known many Isaan girls very bad people.

Bad for some, good for others ???? Im sure my gf was bad to some, and I for sure have been bad to some few, but still Im been very good to her, and so far she have been really good to me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

How is life in Isaan any different than anywhere else?

Go shopping? Check

Dine out? Check

Go on Holiday? Check

Own house and car? Check

Drink Beer? Check

Get something in return from a Western woman? 

Check this, too. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Many expat men don't even know how to dress themselves, shave or wash their clothes properly. They dress like tramps in shorts and filthy shoes or rubber sandals.  Many are functionally inarticulate  with every 3rd word being f****ing. They are effectively inadequate and dependant on their long suffering SO. But they have no idea believing themselves  to be superior to their wives and girlfriends!

Yea them ... no argument here.

Hey, easy on the rubber sandals.  Some folks ain't got the back needed to put on socks or lace up the trainers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Ithink its Thai women in general, thats why there are so many of us married to them.

I believe they meet the criteria and attitude of what we believe a "wife" should be, and totally the opposite to what many (most?) of us encountered and left behind in the West. ????

In America they say a really good marriage last for 8 years, I wonder why??? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

In America they say a really good marriage last for 8 years, I wonder why??? 

What happen, 1 spouse died.  Really good marriages, last forever.

Me, USA ... # 1 / < 2 yrs ... # 2 / 1 yr

Me, TH ... # 1 / < 3 YRS ... # 2 / 16 yrs together, 8 married.

3 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Isaan girls can make great wives,  They have traditional values.  Because of Thailand’s caste system, light skin girls have perceived higher value.  Just flip on Thai TV to see the pasty white Chinese/Thai girls on shows and in ads.  Expats offer these lower caste girls financial security for their families.  That said, there are plenty of wonderful light skin girls in Isaan.  You just gotta find the right one

Traditional values- facebook and line all day, sitting around on the floor scoffing phla ra, som tam and other smelly stuff, watching endless lakorn, gambling and collecting gold ????

1 minute ago, clivebaxter said:

Traditional values- facebook and line all day, sitting around on the floor scoffing phla ra, som tam and other smelly stuff, watching endless lakorn, gambling and collecting gold ????

And yet, my wife use to wake up at 9 ish (I know, as from my bed), off to the market before noon, meet up with sis when done shopping, before 2 or 3 pm, prep food for the restaurant, which opens at 4 or 5 ish pm, come back home at midnight.

Oh yea ... 7 days a week.