Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on.

davidst01

On 1/28/2022 at 11:20 PM, chalawaan said:

Oh I don't wear condoms, unless asked to. I do wear masks, but not in bed! 

Covid will kill more people worldwide by 2024, than HIV has in 50 years.

Eventually, there will be effective Covid prophylactics, but it will continue to kill and internally maim millions, for years to come.

Everyone gets covid customized, like it or not, and for too many of the unvaccinated it's not a happy ending. 

We'll all get Covid, and naturally,  some who are vaccinated will still die. But for now, I wear a mask because it helps keep me healthy until better options are available. I also still <deleted> and obviously do it unmasked, but then again, I vaccinate like a zealot. Today in Thailand HIV is a nothing burger with the PReP and ART drugs that are available now anyway.

There's a difference between understanding the devastation Covid wreaks, accepting it is inevitable, and therefore, enjoying sexy time with vaccinated vixens, whilst still taking steps to minimise risk and spread in the broader community.

It's the outright deniers that will pay the highest prices, so I don't fuss, they're dead men walking no matter what goes on in their muddled minds.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly so could you confirm if I'm correct on the following points. Tell me if I'm mistaken.

You DO have sex without a condom with people that have an unknown STD situation, because if you get HIV there are drugs you can take for it ( no cure for herpes that I know of ).

However, you are concerned about catching a disease that you probably have less chance of serious complications from than an STD.

You DO think anyone that catches covid while unvaccinated is going to die, despite the statistics apparently saying otherwise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pheat123 said:

Get real not wearing a mask when taking a walk is a total disregard for my fellow mankind 

Masks do Jack <deleted> all a load of <deleted> 

The bars are full of folks not wearing masks and the hospitals completely empty apart from poor <deleted> ckers who have been locked up with no symptoms just for the Baht 

All nonsense.... many bars are shut, those open far from full, Hospital was  not empty last time I went to one!

• Confused 2

On 2/1/2022 at 10:15 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't a patient in a public hospital in Thailand but my MIL was. Given my wife had to sleep under her bed to help her go to the bathroom is an indication that the NHS is better than the Thai public health system.

So if the NHS is better than Thailand's public health system, how many other countries is it also better than?  

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? I recall a lot of media attention, but I wasn't frightened by it back then, despite the fear campaign, and I'm still not.

I also recall that I thought Sweden had it right except for not isolating the vulnerable, and I still do.

I'm talking about that brief period of time, when we saw mass deaths happening in China that were being leaked out to the western media, and then the open media coverage of the same in Italy, before scientists knew how deadly, or otherwise, this virus was. 

Basically, before it was even given the name, Covid-19.  For that brief moment in time, did you not think Covid has the potential to kills billions?  

Sweden had a remain open and go for herd immunity approach to the virus, which they later backed away from.  It just didn't work.

The isolating the vulnerable theory has been discussed before. Sounds great in theory, but in practice, too difficult to implement.  Probably because it relies on family support too much, and a lot of elderly people, all around the world, don't have family support. 

I don't think concentration camps for the elderly would have went down too well, especially as the elderly can still vote.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pheat123 said:

Out last night in Pattaya bars in LK and treetown were rammed and so were the gentleman’s clubs I popped into 

No one was wearing masks in these bars including the girls

you need to move on c19 is done petal, no one give a monkeys about it any more 

Bust flush 

Another positive report of 'the old girl' coming back to life.

One particular member must continue to be gutted - love it!

Will return end of the month for a few days, should be bouncing by then...

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, connda said:

There are places where I prefer to wear a mask, e.g., in a hospital waiting room, and then I wear a 'real' mask, i.e. a 3M 7502 P100.  Cloth masks don't stop particles as small as a virus.  N95 masks are effective at most for about 1 day of wear.

"N95 masks are effective at most for about 1 day of wear."

Why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pheat123 said:

Out last night in Pattaya bars in LK and treetown were rammed and so were the gentleman’s clubs I popped into 

No one was wearing masks in these bars including the girls

you need to move on c19 is done petal, no one give a monkeys about it any more 

Bust flush 

Not all of them, some aren't open. 

Glad to hear business is good for those that are, on a Friday night.

C19 not quite done and dusted but getting there.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Except for tourists on a 2 week holiday here who can get banged up with a positive test.  

I suppose there must be a few 2 weekers here but surely they are in the minority.  Everyone I've encountered are utilising 60 day visas and then extending for 30, part of the reason for the long queues at immigration. The traditional longer stay winter crowd. Fortunately now they've resumed the Test and Go as those that kick started things in November leave they will be replaced by new arrivals. Steady but unspectacular rise as the year progresses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kinyara said:

I suppose there must be a few 2 weekers here but surely they are in the minority.  Everyone I've encountered are utilising 60 day visas and then extending for 30, part of the reason for the long queues at immigration. The traditional longer stay winter crowd. Fortunately now they've resumed the Test and Go as those that kick started things in November leave they will be replaced by new arrivals. Steady but unspectacular rise as the year progresses.

I agree with you.  Most are snowbirds here now. 

Just saying, until they scrap all possibility of being banged up on your 2 week holiday, the masses will not / can not return.  

They have vaccinated the population to a satisfactory level, I see no reason why they don't open up, completely, other than perhaps a hospital capacity issue.  

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I agree with you.  Most are snowbirds here now. 

Just saying, until they scrap all possibility of being banged up on your 2 week holiday, the masses will not / can not return.  

They have vaccinated the population to a satisfactory level, I see no reason why they don't open up, completely, other than perhaps a hospital capacity issue.  

What level you talking about?

As of Oct. 27, only around 42% of the Thai population has been fully vaccinated against Covid-19, according to Our World in Data. In comparison, other countries in the region such as Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore have had more than 70% of their population fully inoculated against Covid.

Try again

23 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

What level you talking about?

As of Oct. 27, only around 42% of the Thai population has been fully vaccinated against Covid-19, according to Our World in Data. In comparison, other countries in the region such as Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore have had more than 70% of their population fully inoculated against Covid.

Try again

I am talking about the vaccination level in Chonburi.

I doubt a non vaccinated Thai National living in  Hat Yai, for example, is in danger from catching covid from a 2 week tourist to Pattaya.

It was more than 70% for Chonburi some months ago.  

It's now 69% for Thailand.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=THA

Your figures are outdated.

Try to keep up.

Edited by Leaver

On 2/5/2022 at 3:07 PM, jacko45k said:

Not all of them, some aren't open. 

Glad to hear business is good for those that are, on a Friday night.

C19 not quite done and dusted but getting there.

But not quite "there" yet, according to today's figures. 

Out of town at the minute and according to the missis the locals are twitching a bit, does not always take a lot though. 

I see people of every age not wearing masks

I think the rules are daft, public transport - yes, public places like malls shop offices - yes

wide open air ventilated places - stupid

restaurants bars etc impossible, those that go to these places know the risks but when they come out and onto public transport then mask on - other passengers don't need exposed to the risk they just put themselves in

On 1/13/2022 at 12:46 PM, Ohyesuare said:

The same ones that never wear condoms either, what do you expect. 

At that age they are worried about worse things: heart failure, stroke, cancer, dementia, diabetes (i.e. potential organ failure, foot amputations, blindness), or just the simple fact that no matter what they do, they are gonna die in a decade or two.

That said, I have known a couple of guys whose retirement abruptly ended when they became fathers again, lol.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:09 PM, Leaver said:

I doubt a non vaccinated Thai National living in  Hat Yai, for example, is in danger from catching covid from a 2 week tourist to Pattaya.

??????

Some one working in Pattaya goes home to Hat Yai for the weekend while infected from a tourist, and passes it on to someone never left Hat Yai. I'm assuming that travel between Pattaya and Hat Yai is permitted.

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

For it to work, such travel should not be permitted, until Hat Yai is up to the required vaccination rate.  

Can't see that happening. Sensible governments IMO have realised the mandates, lockdowns, travel restrictions etc were causing too many problems and are backing away, as in the UK.

IMO should never have happened in the first place. Sweden had it almost right, IMO.

Edited by thaibeachlovers