Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on.

davidst01

23 hours ago, davidst01 said:

But its complete and utter disregard for your fellow mankind. Complete ignorance. 

Yes right go in any bar in Pattaya and no one is wearing a mask so wearing a mask out and about is a total waste of time absolutely retarded

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

For serious problems the NHS is probably better than Thailand, and certainly better in my experience than NZ.

So the NHS is good. Right?  

NB I had no personal experience of the Thai public health service

We are comparing the NHS with the Thai Public Health system.  

How on earth would I know that?

The NHS is free, which makes up for a lot of sins. As usual though, outcome is entirely dependent on the GP. I had some NHS GPs that were completely useless and some that were good and one that was excellent.

I worked in a lot of London hospitals as an  agency nurse, and can't say I was impressed by any, but that was down to the management culture IMO.

The biggest problem that I saw while a patient was that the ward was filthy. The shower wasn't cleaned properly for a week, and they managed to miss the dirt under the beds. Other problems as well, but not going to post a list now.

Have you worked in the Thai Public Health system?  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pheat123 said:

Yes right go in any bar in Pattaya and no one is wearing a mask so wearing a mask out and about is a total waste of time absolutely retarded

No one, not even the staff. Are you sure?

And because others do not, it makes wearing one oneself a waste of time and retarded. You are ignorant about covid and need to stop showing it. 

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2022 at 11:51 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

He'll be absolutely gutted Pattaya and the bar scene are thriving

How's the bar scene going on Walking Street, Pattaya's biggest tourist attraction,  and Soi 6, Harry?  Is it "thriving?" 

Oh, that's right, you haven't even been down to these places because you don't even live here.   ???? 

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

How's the bar scene going on Walking Street, Pattaya's biggest tourist attraction,  and Soi 6, Harry?  Is it "thriving?" 

Oh, that's right, you haven't even been down to these places because you don't even live here.   ???? 

Are you not the one that says the 'new' areas are Soi Bukhoa / Tree town / LK etc?

Those places are getting busier by the week, you have n't noticed?

As said, i have multiple properties, one in Pattaya that i visit frequently, bought after living there ( in another property for 8 years ), probably when you were still on mummies pap - lol

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Are you not the one that says the 'new' areas are Soi Bukhoa / Tree town / LK etc?

Those places are getting busier by the week, you have n't noticed?

YOU said, "Pattaya and the bar scene is thriving>"

I guess that doesn't include Walking Street and Soi 6, not to mention, deserted parts of Pattaya City.  Do these areas not count, Harry?  After all, Walking Street is Pattaya's biggest tourist attraction.  

Haven't you notice they are dead?  

Just now, Leaver said:

YOU said, "Pattaya and the bar scene is thriving>"

It is where's i've been, how can i report on where i've not been?

I guess that doesn't include Walking Street and Soi 6,

I guess not, i've not been to check for myself, probably should next time i visit coz you certainly cannot be believed.

Haven't you notice they are dead? 

See above x 2

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It is where's i've been, how can i report on where i've not been?

Ahhh, Harry.  You have finally got the message.  Better late than never.  You are a slow learner, but you get there.

YOU go to the few busy places and declare, "Pattaya and the bar scene is thriving" and proceed to troll me, yet, now openly admit you really don't go anywhere accept a couple of busy places in close proximity to each other.

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I guess not, i've not been to check for myself, probably should next time

Do you think????  ????  

• Like 1

Just now, Leaver said:

YOU go to the few busy places and declare, "Pattaya and the bar scene is thriving" and proceed to troll me, yet, now openly admit you really don't go anywhere accept a couple of busy places in close proximity to each other.

Do you suggest that Bukhao and TT is not the busiest place for entertainment at the moment?

You also claimed (pre covid) that this area ( including LK ) was taking over, why would i go to walking st / soi 6?

Do you suggest that Bukhao and TT is not the busiest place for entertainment at the moment?

Soi Baukhao and Tree Tree is very busy.  I am going on the record, 100%, those areas are busy.  

YOUR statement was, "Pattaya and the bar scene is thriving" yet you seem to be "welching" on that now and stating only Soi Baukhao and Tree Town are busy, and you admit that you haven't even been to Walking Street, not only recently, but in 10 years, and you haven't been to Soi 6, but declare a "thriving bar scene in "Pattaya" as in, the whole city, and therefore tourism in general, city wide.

Seriously?

10 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You also claimed (pre covid) that this area ( including LK ) was taking over, why would i go to walking st / soi 6?

Yes, and I stand by that.

In my opinion, Walking Street rents have outpriced what tourists are willing to pay, or can afford to pay, and with comparable products and services offered just a short distance away, Walking Street will struggle.  Maybe that's why you haven't been there in 10 years, and neither have a lot of other return visitors.  

Here's the thing, Harry, Walking Street and Soi 6 are actually part of Pattaya City, so maybe before seeing Soi Baukhao and Tree Town and declaring a "thriving bar scene in Pattaya" you should check out a little more than just Soi Baukhao and Tree Town before making such a declaration.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Soi Baukhao and Tree Tree is very busy.  I am going on the record, 100%, those areas are busy.  

YOUR statement was, "Pattaya and the bar scene is thriving" yet you seem to be "welching" on that now and stating only Soi Baukhao and Tree Town are busy, and you admit that you haven't even been to Walking Street, not only recently, but in 10 years, and you haven't been to Soi 6, but declare a "thriving bar scene in "Pattaya" as in, the whole city, and therefore tourism in general, city wide.

Seriously?

Do i have to go to every single bar in Pattaya to make my statement? do you?

39 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Here's the thing, Harry, Walking Street and Soi 6 are actually part of Pattaya City, so maybe before seeing Soi Baukhao and Tree Town and declaring a "thriving bar scene in Pattaya" you should check out a little more than just Soi Baukhao and Tree Town before making such a declaration.

AGAIN - it was thriving where i was, you obviously have a hard time understanding that.....bless.

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Do i have to go to every single bar in Pattaya to make my statement?

No, but you should check out the main tourist areas before declaring "Pattaya and the bar scene is thriving" because one small area is not all of "Pattaya" and all of "the bar scene."

it was thriving where i was,

You were in one small part of Pattaya's bar scene, for a quick visit.  Not enough of a sample to make the claim you did.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You should not tell me what to do.

Just trying to help you stop embarrassing yourself.  

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

For those areas of course it is.

But those areas are just that, "areas" they are not "Pattaya" which is what you claimed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Just trying to help you stop embarrassing yourself. 

Judging by what many other posters think of your nonsense and relentless predictions, i would suggest you should worry about yourself first and foremost.

I'll give you this though, you're relentless, like a dog not wanting to give up his bone, 10/10 for not giving up.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Judging by what many other posters think of your nonsense

Are you now posting on behalf of other posters?   ????  

50 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'll give you this though, you're relentless, like a dog not wanting to give up his bone, 10/10 for not giving up.

Well, no one likes a troll, Harry, which is what you are.  I only respond.  

Try harder.  You are in the Premier League now, not your Thai family.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/29/2022 at 8:58 PM, Leaver said:

So the NHS is good. Right?  

We are comparing the NHS with the Thai Public Health system.  

I wasn't a patient in a public hospital in Thailand but my MIL was. Given my wife had to sleep under her bed to help her go to the bathroom is an indication that the NHS is better than the Thai public health system.

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't a patient in a public hospital in Thailand but my MIL was. Given my wife had to sleep under her bed to help her go to the bathroom is an indication that the NHS is better than the Thai public health system.

Having used both, I can confidently state Thailand government hospital was better than the NHS for childbirth.

It included blood tests of mom and dad prior to the birth to check any problems baby might have.

And my wife enjoyed the waiting/chatting with all the other pregnant women.

We even got a couple off home visits from the Thai equivalent of a district nurse to check she was coping at home after the birth.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, BritManToo said:

Having used both, I can confidently state Thailand government hospital was better than the NHS for childbirth.

It included blood tests of mom and dad prior to the birth to check any problems baby might have.

And my wife enjoyed the waiting/chatting with all the other pregnant women.

We even got a couple off home visits from the Thai equivalent of a district nurse to check she was coping at home after the birth.

I think times have changed for the birth experience in western countries. Back in the 80s in NZ new mothers had a few days in the ward to become accustomed to the baby and feeding etc. I got to know the mothers quite well during their time. I understand that that has all gone and they get sent home after 24 or 48 hours, which IMO isn't enough time to learn anything properly.

I certainly enjoyed the babies as "patients" as they were easy to look after. The most I looked after by myself at one time was 6.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, davidst01 said:

But its complete and utter disregard for your fellow mankind. Complete ignorance. 

Get real not wearing a mask when taking a walk is a total disregard for my fellow mankind 

Masks do Jack <deleted> all a load of <deleted> 

The bars are full of folks not wearing masks and the hospitals completely empty apart from poor <deleted> ckers who have been locked up with no symptoms just for the Baht 

• Like 1

"The bars are full of folks not wearing masks and the hospitals completely empty apart from poor <deleted> ckers who have been locked up with no symptoms just for the Baht"

Stunningly illogical and false. Where to begin?

In Thailand the only COVID inpatients have no symptoms but were admitted for purposes of profit? Since the majority of patients are in government hospitals, what profit are you referring to?

One thing to appreciate about breathing tubes, they prevent people from talking.