Incarcerated in Bang Lamung

Sup3rfarang

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

OP could you let us know if you are new to Thailand? A tourist? 

I used to Paraglide and was taught to read the sky to assess turbulences hence risk. Coming to Thailand as a tourist these days is like taking off under a thunder cloud. But I truly feel for you as I know that most of the things about Thailand are based on lies and hidden reality. Even selling holidays.

And if I was tested positive as you are I couldn't stop myself of thinking that I may have fallen victim of a [made up fake] false positive. From what I understand we wouldn't be allowed to request an independent counter expertise. 

Maybe worth those travelling carry a few ATKs with them so they can verify the alleged positive result

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This sounds like a modern day "Ah, the Grand Temple is closed, but I know another Temple near by that you can go to" scam which used to happen a few years ago in BKK

A few years? That scam was around (and tried on me) the first time I travelled to Thailand, 25 years ago, and even then it was mentioned in guidebooks (and, probably, online).

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe worth those travelling carry a few ATKs with them so they can verify the alleged positive result

Interesting idea. I doubt they would accept those ATK test results over their test, but, at least, it would throw them off track for a moment, and might give one a chance to request another test, if results were indeed contradictory.

I always wondered, why people board a plane after a negative test result, fly to Thailand, and are tested 'positive', yet there are no news headlines anywhere along the lines of 'Contracting Covid on a plane a real danger'...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Interesting idea. I doubt they would accept those ATK test results over their test, but, at least, it would throw them off track for a moment, and might give one a chance to request another test, if results were indeed contradictory.

I always wondered, why people board a plane after a negative test result, fly to Thailand, and are tested 'positive', yet there are no news headlines anywhere along the lines of 'Contracting Covid on a plane a real danger'...

If the true story about ATK tests comes out thailand is doomed.I see in the news here some people take 7 ATK tests and shoves negative..then 1 PCR and they are positive.Thailand ATK tests shoving tourists positive is a wery strange thing..If its in the news that people get covid inside the plains that business is going down he same day.

• Like 1

So I've taken to sitting on my balcony in the late mornings as the baht busses are depositing new batches of rubes in the courtyard below.  I sit out there in my underwear and no mask. I haven't had my shower yet so my hair is askew.  Think Jack Nicholson. 

Every once in a while some farangs are dumped into the courtyard and left to wait. No one has told them anything. They don't know what's going on or what's gonna happen to them next. Their eyes are darting all around as they take in the surreal scene of all the trapped inmates sitting on the balconies. They're facing the Unknown and they're scared. 

So I lean over the railing with a big grin and yell "Hey! How much did they do ya for?", "Yeah, how much did you pay them?", "Wow! That much, eh?", "You know you've been scammed, right?",  "Did they even kiss you first?", "Are ya still bleeding?".  A lot of them are in denial and don't want to hear this. Meanwhile they're getting a load of my appearance and I can see them wondering what kind of insane asylum they're being tossed into. Their fear elevates to terror as they wonder what they will look like in  a week or two.  "Whatever you do, don't eat the biscuits!"

The Thai Staff gives me major stink-eye but never says anything to me.  Ha ha.

WTH, got nothing better to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

That and more rational policies. 

There is no justification for hospitalizing  people with no or mild symptoms. And it contributed to needless deaths in the past COVID spike as hospital beds ran out and some seriously ill people could not get beds.

There is also no need for such long duration of isolation of people who test positive in this Omicron era. Many countries have shortened it to just 5-7 days after diagnosis.

5 to 7 days? 

No money in that.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 11:31 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

To whom was the question addressed? If it was asked of someone in authority at the insurance company, then that's one thing. If it was asked of someone who works at the hospital, that's another.  It isn't the hospital that can say whether something is covered, it's the insurer. 

Also, be wary of verbal confirmations from anyone. They aren't worth the paper they're written on.

A phone call to the insurance company while he was waiting to be processed is all it would take to know if insured or not. Amazing how many people never think of this!!

On 1/14/2022 at 10:21 PM, Sup3rfarang said:

They lied to my face.  Sincerely promised 100% reimbursement.  I re-asked the question several times to be sure.

How would a lackey know what your insurance will and eill not pay?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, claffey said:

A phone call to the insurance company while he was waiting to be processed is all it would take to know if insured or not. Amazing how many people never think of this!!

Not to mention an atk test or pcr on the way to report if the result was in question.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:16 PM, Sup3rfarang said:

So I've taken to sitting on my balcony in the late mornings as the baht busses are depositing new batches of rubes in the courtyard below.  I sit out there in my underwear and no mask. I haven't had my shower yet so my hair is askew.  Think Jack Nicholson. 

Every once in a while some farangs are dumped into the courtyard and left to wait. No one has told them anything. They don't know what's going on or what's gonna happen to them next. Their eyes are darting all around as they take in the surreal scene of all the trapped inmates sitting on the balconies. They're facing the Unknown and they're scared. 

So I lean over the railing with a big grin and yell "Hey! How much did they do ya for?", "Yeah, how much did you pay them?", "Wow! That much, eh?", "You know you've been scammed, right?",  "Did they even kiss you first?", "Are ya still bleeding?".  A lot of them are in denial and don't want to hear this. Meanwhile they're getting a load of my appearance and I can see them wondering what kind of insane asylum they're being tossed into. Their fear elevates to terror as they wonder what they will look like in  a week or two.  "Whatever you do, don't eat the biscuits!"

The Thai Staff gives me major stink-eye but never says anything to me.  Ha ha.

WTH, got nothing better to do. 

You should have become a writer great imagination.

I mean fear, terror, like people would react like that. If they do then they certainly are not fit to travel to Thailand or any other place. Not sure why people need to embellish things to the absurd. 

On 1/15/2022 at 4:23 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

This sounds like a modern day "Ah, the Grand Temple is closed, but I know another Temple near by that you can go to" scam which used to happen a few years ago in BKK

and no doubt still does!