Swedish man reportedly attacked by two Thai men on Pattaya Beach for no reason

webfact

26 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Up to you, I guess, but the Thai people built many hotels for foreign people to stay in and were very happy for them to come and spend money in Thailand.  Without tourists they are very sad and want them to come back as soon as possible.  To suggest the Thais are taking something back is just bizarre.  Nobody took anything from Thais, Thai people built things to attract tourists.

You still don't get the point do you? Or you just want to pick a fight? Nice try!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater Hoss. Let's just ban about 75% of the Pattaya population carrying the XY chromosome.

how about 100% they are behind 75% of the crime foreigners mostly russian 25%

Edited by tomyami

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You still don't get the point do you? Or you just want to pick a fight?

I'm simply disagreeing with you.  That's it.  I didn't think that would be so difficult to understand.

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Nice try!

More bizarreness.

As you were I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, shdmn said:

There is nothing foolish about being alone down there at 11pm, which is not even that late.  I guarantee you there was more to it than that.  The only problem I have ever had on beach road late at night (much latter than 11pm) are the ladyboys hanging around there trying to pick pocket people. 

As long as you don't look like an easy mark staggering all over the place and you don't let them get close to you they won't try anything.  I've NEVER seen anyone have problems being jumped by Thai guys unless they provoked them in some way.

The often used excuse again... I have never seen anything, therefore it can not happen.

It can only happen when I'm watching, and due to the fact I've never seen anything like this happen before, that's a guarantee it must be the tourist's fault. It is impossible that Thais would ever do such a thing.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, richard_smith237 said:
On 1/18/2022 at 12:49 PM, Liverpool Lou said:
On 1/18/2022 at 1:43 AM, Virt said:
On 1/17/2022 at 1:46 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

That article is more than 4 years old and even if the same rules apply today, it does not describe it is forbidden to drink on the beach.

Drinking alcohol in temples, pharmacies, schools, gas stations and public parks is illegal and punishable by a fine of up to 10,000 baht and/or up to 6 months imprisonment.

Expand  

That the article is four years old does not matter, laws don't have expiry dates!   Section 31 (7) of the Act covers "other places" and local districts, such as Pattaya, have the power to not allow alcohol consumption on the beach.    

One driver pulls out his gun in a road rage incident and shoots at the other..... Liverpool Lou is there arguing if the victims car insurance is valid.....   I think that highlights the irrelevant diversion in this topic... 

The fact that the Swede had a beer, a fanta a bottle of water or anything else in his hand is of little relevance.... 

He most certainly was not attacked because a couple of Thai guys decided to enforce a law (its very unlikely likely know of any such laws).

The whole episode seems very random....    but I know for sure the legalities of having a beer in his hand while sat on the beach is utterly irrelevant to what happened.

"One driver pulls out his gun in a road rage incident and shoots at the other..... Liverpool Lou is there arguing if the victims car insurance is valid.....I think that highlights the irrelevant diversion in this topic..."

What on earth are you talking about?  Don't think that I did but, if I did on a previous thread, it would have been accurate and relevant.  I sure didn't argue that here and that highlights your irrelevant diversion!

"He most certainly was not attacked because a couple of Thai guys decided to enforce a law (its very unlikely likely know of any such laws)".

Well, unless you were there, you certainly can't know that!   Having said that, I did not say that "the Thais were enforcing any law".   In actual fact it is very likely that local Thais would know that alcohol consumption on the beach is not permitted.

"I know for sure the legalities of having a beer in his hand while sat on the beach is utterly irrelevant to what happened".

As far as a possible reason for the initial contact, no, you do not know that for sure, even though you use the word "utterly", how could you?   

On 1/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, richard_smith237 said:

One driver pulls out his gun in a road rage incident and shoots at the other..... Liverpool Lou is there arguing if the victims car insurance is valid.....   I think that highlights the irrelevant diversion in this topic... 

The fact that the Swede had a beer, a fanta a bottle of water or anything else in his hand is of little relevance.... 

He most certainly was not attacked because a couple of Thai guys decided to enforce a law (its very unlikely likely know of any such laws).

This was just an attack...  guy in the wrong place, wrong time?, racially motivated?, would the Thai guys have slapped another Thai etc ???   was it because the Swede was not wearing a mask at the time (drinking) ?

The whole episode seems very random....    but I know for sure the legalities of having a beer in his hand while sat on the beach is utterly irrelevant to what happened.

On my local  beach loads of people are drinking and picnicking both Thais and foreigners. It's all very pleasant  and friendly..

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Right or wrong its not a whinge. Its an assertion. There is no apology. And the idea of 'Thai good farang bad' is somewhat simplistic.

Simplistic? It's totally false, no question about it. There are good an bad in both camps.

"Farang" (all foreigners? - this is vague) are vigorously and frequently bashed on this forum by other foreigners... suggesting of course that they think they are better. I suppose when posting anonymously on a forum one can pretend.

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

Simplistic? It's totally false, no question about it. There are good an bad in both camps.

"Farang" (all foreigners? - this is vague) are vigorously and frequently bashed on this forum by other foreigners... suggesting of course that they think they are better. I suppose when posting anonymously on a forum one can pretend.

I used the term simplistic to be diplomatic and polite. Some of the Thai  bashers are incredibly sensitive so I try not to trigger them lol