Swedish man reportedly attacked by two Thai men on Pattaya Beach for no reason

webfact

5 hours ago, Jack West Jr said:

There is a lot of finger pointing and surmising being done here as to what actually happened. Why don't we focus on the alleged facts rather than hypothesise ? 

Because that's what Thaivisa posters are here for, surely, hypothesising, speculating and just plain making stuff up for a good ol' Thai-bash?  Current company excepted, of course!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because that's what Thaivisa posters are here for, surely, hypothesising, speculating and just plain making stuff up for a good ol' Thai-bash?  Current company excepted, of course!

Are you suggesting that two guys who attacked another person did so deservedly and are not deserving of negative comments ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow - hyperbolae !!!!.... 

Drunk ?

Uneducated ??

Bothering the freelancers ???

BTW: he’s not slouching in his chair, he’s getting something out of his handbag.

Don't forget your own hyperbole...

"Was there a trigger ?

or is mindless violence on the increase ?

or are racially motivated attacks on the increase ? etc...

lots of possibilities... all worthy of discussion".

Yes, lot's of hyperbolic possibilities, none worthy of discussion here in relation to the OP if trying to apportion blame without evidence!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

No it's not . But shows what happens .. and you approve it as I recall 

I’ve never approved of violence. But understand that ‘some’ have it coming when they can’t behave sensibly and trigger others.

In this case, IF the story is correct and factual, this was an unprovoked attack. Anyone approving of such would be as foolish as someone refusing to put on their mask in a public area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow - hyperbolae !!!!.... 

Drunk ?

Uneducated ??

Bothering the freelancers ???

BTW: he’s not slouching in his chair, he’s getting something out of his handbag.

Don't forget your own hyperbole...

"Was there a trigger ?

or is mindless violence on the increase ?

or are racially motivated attacks on the increase ? etc...

lots of possibilities... all worthy of discussion".

Yes, lot's of hyperbolic possibilities, none worthy of discussion here in relation to the OP if trying to apportion blame without evidence!

You missed the context....

The other poster made accusations that the Swedish guy was drunk, that he was an uneducated farang, that he was bothering the freelancers etc

That is somewhat different to discussion the possibilities of what ‘may have happened’.... i.e. Did the Swedish guy trigger the confrontation in any way, was the attack racially motivated, was the story as we read it or is there more to it.... ?

Points for discussion.... the difference is not subtle even for someone who wishes to pick arguments as often as you do. 

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:
7 hours ago, shdmn said:

There is ALWAYS a reason and it usually involves the farang doing something stupid or being an ahole.  

Rubbish! Random attacks happen all the time!

A verifiable example of that would be nice.

Are you going to ask for link ??? peer reviewed paper ?

Even someone as obtuse as yourself cannot fail to recognise that ‘random acts of violence’ happen.... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Points for discussion.... the difference is not subtle even for someone who wishes to pick arguments as often as you do. 

It's a 'kin forum!  Anyone can make comments but it's odd how so many posters love to define differing opinions as "picking an argument" when their contrasting opinions are just "discussion"!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Yes indeed. It says your post was "popular" but most ppl gave you the rolled eyes emoji. I guess they believe Mr. Innocent

Yes, there IS always a reason for everything but often we never get to know. In the case here in question only two parties know the reason and both would probably lie or misrepresent the facts about each other. Something to be filed away!

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:
8 hours ago, shdmn said:

There is ALWAYS a reason and it usually involves the farang doing something stupid or being an ahole.  

Rubbish! Random attacks happen all the time!

Expand  

A verifiable example of that would be nice.

Are you going to ask for link ??? peer reviewed paper ?

Even someone as obtuse as yourself cannot fail to recognise that ‘random acts of violence’ happen.... 

No, I'm not going to ask for a link because I know that he won't be able to provide anything relevant to his assertion. 

He said that "random acts of violence happen all the time", even someone as obtuse as yourself, in this case, cannot fail to recognise the they do not "happen all the time"!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:
48 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wasn't the consumption of alcohol on beaches made illegal some time ago?   Perhaps that could have been the start of the altercation.

I don’t think its illegal any more,

I believe it still is, but not in relation to Covid restrictions. I believe it was banned (before Covid issues) on beaches, generally, maybe at the same time that smoking on beaches was prohibited.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

I believe it still is, but not in relation to Covid restrictions. I believe it was banned (before Covid issues) on beaches, generally, maybe at the same time that smoking on beaches was prohibited.

Would he [the Swede] have been the only person on the beach having a beer?

Or, at the same time would there have been numerous others on the beach at the same time, sitting in groups having a few drinks and chilling out ? (Thai’s and non-Thai’s).

Someone who lives in Pattaya and knows what the beach is like at night can provide a better answer to that - however, from other threads this year I’ve read that there are often plenty of people on the beach sat in groups having a beer.

Do we really believe this ‘confrontation’ (whatever happened or if it was trigged) occurred out of some legal justification against a guy having beer on a beach ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
5 hours ago, Nkpjed said:

Unprovoked attacks occur everywhere, but regardless whether that’s true or not, this guy is an idiot to sit alone drinking on the beach at 11pm.

Why? It's a tourist resort and the beach is a nice place to sit and chill of an evening.

It's also illegal to drink alcohol on beaches.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bbko said:

Some here are saying it's illegal but they're wrong, there is no restrictions on drinking alcohol outside alone in Pattaya no matter what time of day or night.

Drinking alcohol on beaches in Thailand was outlawed some time ago (maybe at the same time as smoking on beaches).   This is not in relation to Covid restrictions.

• Sad 1