Swedish man reportedly attacked by two Thai men on Pattaya Beach for no reason

webfact

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Drinking alcohol on beaches in Thailand was outlawed some time ago (maybe at the same time as smoking on beaches).   This is not in relation to Covid restrictions.

“Outlawed” …here, in Thailand. Newsflash : There are NO Laws here. Any issue here can be circumvented by culture/ connections/ cash.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's also illegal to drink alcohol on beaches.

Really if so i stand corrected BUT

They serve it on beach restaurant's

My local beach outside Prachuap has people on it everyday drinking me included

Beach promenade in PKK town has people sitting on plastic chairs drinking

A friend is chef on an  island at a fancy hotel where you eat meal and drink fancy stuff on beach getting your feet wet

surely if it was illegal apart from the odd Covid regulations after 23 years here i might have an inkling

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow - hyperbolae !!!!.... 

Drunk ?

Uneducated ??

Bothering the freelancers ???

BTW: he’s not slouching in his chair, he’s getting something out of his handbag.

he’s getting something out of his "handbag."

Could be a clue there then! ????

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Point of fact, there are laws in Thailand.  There is also corruption, as there is in every other country, including yours, whatever country that is. 

Bad Practice to partially quote. I went on to say “that cannot be circumvented…..”. Corruption here is Absolute and Institutional hence my “ no laws” comment. AbsolutelyNo Comparison to Western Countries at all.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ttrd said:

RE - There is ALWAYS a reason

* Yes, you have right - it's always a reason for everything

RE - and it usually involves the farang doing something stupid or being an ahole

* Not necessarily since the term "unprovoked violence" actually exist for a reason ... :thumbsup:

Unprovoked or provoked comes down to one thing only, proof

8 hours ago, bbko said:

Before I retired I was a paramedic & worked ambulances & Emergency rooms for a couple of decades and many times where there was some sort of bar fight, a common phase we'd hear was "I was was just minding my own business, I didn't do anything and this guy punched me", then we'd hear the other guy's story and there was always some sort of interaction between the two.  So for me, I'm skeptical of this guy's story.

Working as security in the busy part of a city, I know there is a truth, but unfortunate we also experienced unprovoked violence, but mostly to gays, or someone who looked like an easy target. 

Also gangs just who just had seen to many movies and thought they owned the streets, and for no reason did find a reason to use violence. Did have some few face offs with some off them, but most off them are as brave as a dog, as quick someone dear to confront them, they get week. 

I haven't seen one Thai male fighting one to one yet, always outnumber their victims. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I believe it still is, but not in relation to Covid restrictions. I believe it was banned (before Covid issues) on beaches, generally, maybe at the same time that smoking on beaches was prohibited.

I think you will find only alcohol sales are banned on beaches in Chonburi, not consumption.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalGuy said:

Their Vodka is the best and they do have this cold far North culture of getting blind Vodka drunk but usually in private with friends.

Ah, I’ve only suffered the ones who drink in public and get quite obnoxious even to there colleagues.

55 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You have no evidence he was disregarding cultural etiquette.

Now go away. 

Maybe you can learn something about Thai cultural etiquette of being polite. The kind of unhibited behavior like drinking and drunkeness in public places within your own country is totally unacceptable within Thai culture. It's show lack of control among other things, you lose face. Do you have many Thai friends? Just asking.

• Confused 1

Sunday afternoon the family and I hopped in our car (so nice to have one, see other thread) and took a drive down to Jomtien, it was very busy as the jet ski event was on and as I looked around I swear so many farangs either without a mask or wearing them improperly, maybe the Thais are getting sick (no pun intended) and tired of seeing farang scofflaws parading around their country not following the mask rule. Look at the photo from the link, 2 Thais and 2 farangs, who's wearing the mask correctly and who's not?

210865.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

So he got bitch slap!  Once is that so bad?  ????

If he slapped back which is what they really deserve and then if he made it to soi 9 police station he would be locked up, as it is he will have paid 50b for reporting it.

11pm on the beach having a beer was possible pre covid now with it so empty not a wise move

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He has a handbag..... lock him up!

I have started carrying a 'Manbag' much more convenient than pockets. If you were a beautiful Thai lady and said such a thing to me I would accompany you back to your station, otherwise please go away with short jerky movements (**** off)????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Being alone drinking beer on a beach at around 11pm isn't the smartest move.

Thai guys won't jump you unless provoked in some way.  Just sitting alone drinking a beer is certainly not a reason.  The guy was probably hammered and mouthing off or something.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1