Reflections on the Covid-19 pandemic

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I meant evidence from the lab in Wuhan, not some UK entity.

It is possible that the virus did escape from a lab in Wuhan but there is evidence and expert opinion that the virus was not man made and not released as any kind of weapon. Again, relevant links posted here long ago. We shouldn't be rehashing this over and over again other than some people don't read or think about the evidence linked in posts or otherwise readily available should they care to look.

If you disagree that what I have said is true then it would be up to you to provide links to evidence to prove that. Such evidence has never been provided before here because one side of the issue never does.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It is possible that the virus did escape from a lab in Wuhan but there is evidence and expert opinion that the virus was not man made and not released as any kind of weapon. Again, relevant links posted here long ago. We shouldn't be rehashing this over and over again other than some people don't read or think about the evidence linked in posts or otherwise readily available should they care to look.

If you disagree that what I have said is true then it would be up to you to provide links to evidence to prove that. Such evidence has never been provided before here because one side of the issue never does.

I'm not claiming to be correct as IMO no one outside the lab knows enough to say. I am saying the truth is unknown and may never be known.

I'm also not saying anything about it being a weapon- that's on you.

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

We shouldn't be rehashing this over and over again other than some people don't read or think about the evidence linked in posts or otherwise readily available should they care to look.

By all means don't reply to my posts then, and I won't reply to your reply. Otherwise, it's not up to you what we read.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not claiming to be correct as IMO no one outside the lab knows enough to say. I am saying the truth is unknown and may never be known.

I'm also not saying anything about it being a weapon- that's on you.

I know that the common claim that goes along with the deliberately manufactured conspiracy theory is that it was intended to be used as a weapon - otherwise why make the virus? Not claiming to be correct and yet still making an insinuation of a conspiracy theory? Not exactly responsible is it? As I said, it's just sad that you have properly read and digested the evidence that has been previously posted which clearly states that scientists believe that the virus occurred naturally and may or may not have come from the lab. So I hope that, sans any compelling evidence to the contrary, we should not hear any more repetition of this conspiracy theory. Why would the Chinese want to kill off their own citizens anyway? None of it makes sense but that's a feature of conspiracy theories. They never do.

• Like 1

OP refers to ancient world plagues lasting 15 and 47 years. There were others later , 700 & 400 years ago that reached England killing HALF  the population of Europe. All sweeping in from the east and seemingly all originating in ……China. What IS it about that toxic - animal eating, overpopulated place …… ? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Not claiming to be correct and yet still making an insinuation of a conspiracy theory?

Adding 1 and 1 and making 5. I never said anything about weaponisation or anything to do with conspiracy theories.

As I said, it's just sad that you have properly read and digested the evidence that has been previously posted which clearly states that scientists believe that the virus occurred naturally and may or may not have come from the lab.

I assume you actually mean "you have NOT properly read..........".

How can it be reliable evidence when the facts are not known?

So I hope that, sans any compelling evidence to the contrary, we should not hear any more repetition of this conspiracy theory. Why would the Chinese want to kill off their own citizens anyway? None of it makes sense but that's a feature of conspiracy theories. They never do.

Given I never brought up any conspiracies, why put that in a response to my post?

As for killing their own citizens, apparently Mao was responsible for millions of deaths of his own citizens, and I doubt his successors are any less reluctant- Tianamen Square and all that.

Are not the Uigers Chinese citizens?

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

When I posted that there ISN'T any evidence, how can I post a link to non existent evidence?

As I said lack of evidence means it's a conspiracy theory or a falsehood. Before posting, ask yourself "do I have any evidence for my claim? If the answer is no and the claim relates to science then it shouldn't be posted.