"Entertainment" woman says she was raped by two men at drinks party - police delay of 5 months

webfact

11 minutes ago, cocoonclub said:

So you’re saying mixing drinks gives others the right to rape you? 

No. I say if anybody in Thailand gets paid thousands of THB and the official agreement is about mixing drinks then we can be pretty sure other details are omitted in that contract.

It seems some of those girls make a lot of money "serving drinks". Do you really think that is all they do?

Obviously rape is still rape when it happens. But it's not rape if sex was part of the agreed service.

And no, I don't know what is written in any contract or agreed or what is usual or unusual with these "party girls".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No. I say if anybody in Thailand gets paid thousands of THB and the official agreement is about mixing drinks then we can be pretty sure other details are omitted in that contract.

Read my replies. She wasn't 'paid thousands' . But she was promised 150 Baht per hour to serve/mix drinks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And being an entertainment woman hired to bartend at a party, does not imply sex. 

How long does it take to convince yous that the woman wasn't employed as anything other than to attend to the mens drinking needs. Google and read the original story from 5 months ago and get the truth to this story. And it is just a story,.

I can't give a link to the real story because of copyright. The OP is completely tosh.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 5:41 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I never attended such a party but somehow I would be surprised if guys spend so much money without getting the impression that they will get a lot more than just drinks served. 

Isn't that just 700 THB for each attendee?    Doesn't seem to me that that would go especially far.

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

In other media reports, just after the event 5 months ago, it's clamed there was 3 men involved.

Don't believe everything you read on forums and in newspapers.

It's not the same case. The one you cite was in Chonburi, the OP is about a Bangkok case. The names of the accused are also different.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:41 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, I understand that part. But if a girls gets paid 3500B for a job which is done by others for 300B then that should bring up the question: Why do I get paid so much money for serving drinks? What do they expect?

I never attended such a party but somehow I would be surprised if guys spend so much money without getting the impression that they will get a lot more than just drinks served. 

There is a substantial distance between an impression and sexual consent.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:13 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

What is an “official agreement” vs. an “unofficial agreement”? And for the contracts you agreed to in your life, do you also accept “other details” that the other party demands later which were “omitted”? 

It seems some of those girls make a lot of money "serving drinks".

Good for them. 

Do you really think that is all they do?

I don’t know what they do. Do you? 

Obviously rape is still rape when it happens. But it's not rape if sex was part of the agreed service.

And no, I don't know what is written in any contract or agreed or what is usual or unusual with these "party girls".

So you wanted to post off-topic? 

Edited by cocoonclub

On 1/22/2022 at 2:26 PM, Neeranam said:

It is possible to rape a prostitute. 

yes didn't you hear about the prostitute who didn't know she'd been raped till the cheque bounced ..lol.. ....  ...............    But in saying that any blokes that commit this sort of crime should have Them cut off with a blunt knife.. 

On 1/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, webfact said:

The "entertainment" woman said that with two other women she didn't know she was paid 3,500 baht to attend the party with five men on August 13th from 10pm to 4 am next day.

What does that mean? did she think 3500 was to serve drinks? In no way am i saying rape is ok, but sounds more like she was expecting more money on top of what she was paid,  but did not get it , so turned it into a rape case

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 12:16 PM, BritManToo said:

More to do with lack of evidence IMHO.

1. Paid 3,500bht to do a 300bht job.

2. Her word against 5 guys words.

3. Wait 5 days to make report (so no physical evidence either way).

Doubt a police force in the world would bother with this.

And if they did, the DPP (equivalent) wouldn't prosecute.

1) try to hire a movie star to serve you drinks, will cost you a lot more than 3500 thb

2) 5 drunks who are friends

3) as said before this is very common.

Most police forces would bother, your total lack of understanding / respecting women is misguiding you.

1 hour ago, cocoonclub said:

What is an “official agreement” vs. an “unofficial agreement”? And for the contracts you agreed to in your life, do you also accept “other details” that the other party demands later which were “omitted”? 

Good for them. 

I don’t know what they do. Do you? 

So you wanted to post off-topic? 

Ok, I will answer one last time but slowly this gets boring.

Do you live in Thailand? Did you ever visit a bar or maybe visit a massage parlor?

What do you think happens if a customer pays a couple of THB in a massage parlor? A massage and maybe a bubble bath? Or are there any extras included? Do you think if you would ask the cashier what is included they would give you an exact list of the (maybe illegal) services?

Nobody should have sex against their will. And nobody should accept a couple of thousand THB and think that is for serving drinks and nothing else. 

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you live in Thailand? Did you ever visit a bar or maybe visit a massage parlor?

What do you think happens if a customer pays a couple of THB in a massage parlor? A massage and maybe a bubble bath? Or are there any extras included? Do you think if you would ask the cashier what is included they would give you an exact list of the (maybe illegal) services?

Nobody should have sex against their will. And nobody should accept a couple of thousand THB and think that is for serving drinks and nothing else. 

There's a lot of room between serving drinks and having sex. These girls are also hired to entertain, which might mean dressing sexy, dancing, telling jokes, tolerating sexual comments etc. They can be paid quite well for this and get good tips. Similar to many people here, they may accept payment for sex, but nobody is saying that's what happened.

Coyote Girls, Pretties etc. are often required to drink with their customers and I think this can lead to problems.

On 1/23/2022 at 9:41 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

If she doesnt return the money , then its considered to be consensual , whether shes says no or not 

I think your contention would  definitely depend on the jurisdiction.

But overall I believe in the eyes of the law if a woman says no, no means no!

Edited by In Full Agreement
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I think your contention would  definitely depend on the jurisdiction.

But overall I believe in the eyes of the law if a woman says no, no means no!

I'm sure you'd be correct in any jurisdiction where sex work was legal.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You didn’t answer my question. Not even slowly. 

I guess that depends on what kind of massage parlor you visit. There are plenty of legit and high quality massage parlors where none of that happens. I just don’t understand what that has to do with the topic or my questions. 

And nobody should accept a couple of thousand THB and think that is for serving drinks and nothing else. 

Are you saying the profession of a waiter does not exist? Or are you saying a waiter may be raped?