Brit murder in Kanchanaburi: Region 7 chief promises justice will prevail - mental health checks on assailant

webfact

3 hours ago, NicholasTH said:
3 hours ago, rbkk said:

I'd bet my bottom dollar the immigration status of the Brits has been checked (black clad assasination squad looks familiar from other immigration raid press conferences.) If any discrepencies, you can safely say that the outcome will be......"If they hadn't had come to Thailand this wouldn't have happened."

Expand  

and people wonder why visas are getting hard to get

What?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I couldn't but wonder why they needed half a dozen blokes with tin hats, balaclavas, flak jackets and toting mechanical muskets lined up in the background to announce that they had arrested and disarmed the alleged assailant!

police, firing squad and brown envelopes all lumped together.................hmmmmm.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

It only makes sense if the music was coming from a back bedroom and it was cranked loud to reach the front. The offended Thai might have had his bedroom backed onto the bedroom where the music was coming from. So loud for him but not so loud out front ?

Just speculating as to this apparent unclear point.

Odd how you think that your wild speculation "only makes sense", whereas you think the actual report doesn't!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, law ling said:

Except perhaps in extreme cases, the concept of "mental health" is somewhat nebulous and subjective.

Hope the mental health issue doesn't allow this 22 year-old to walk (and re-offend) after a token stint in jail.

There is nothing 'nebulous and subjective' about whether someone is suffering from mental health problems. Professional psychiatrists are trained to spot the fakers and the 'faker' would have to be a next level genuis (which I'm guessing is not the case here) to get away with claiming mental health problems when there isn't any.

Like ALL civilised countries, committing crimes whilst not in control of your faculties is viewed very differently from someone who is completely sane and in full knowledge of what they are doing. If someone is suffering genuine mental health problems then they should get the help they need, or if that doesn't work, be locked up in a mental institution for the rest of their lives. Any desire for vengance or retribution should take a back seat to what is the right thing to do in a civilised society.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:
30 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There's no indication in the report that even one of those pictured was "claiming credit for the arrest".

This could have all been avoidable if people wasn't drinking until ******* three o'clock in the morning

Why did you quote my post with your ******* comment ?

• Haha 2

Tourism officials have visited the injured man in hospital. 

They wanted to know if he would reccomend Thailand as a tourist friendly destination ????

------------------------------------------------

Yes I know they weren't tourists.

• Like 2

Wassana said Marcus came back into their house to get another beer as him and his friend listened to music.

“That was the last time I saw him alive,” she said.

“After drinking for a bit he came back to my room to get a beer. He did not look drunk, he looked normal, and he carried that one bottle of beer out.

“When I went outside late at night, it was like normal. Nothing was loud, it was quiet and there was no sound. 

“He goes to Thailand for months at a time to see his girlfriend. He goes there whenever he can and always seems to have a good time.

“He’s a nice fella but he’s private and keeps himself to himself. I’ve lived two doors away from him for five years but I don’t know him, only to say hello to, because he’s often away.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Remember it well. Killed an English couple then his cop mates helped him flee over the border into Burma. 

Came back and turned himself in a bit later iirc.

The word on the streets is that he was freed years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, Neeranam said:

The word on the streets is that he was freed years ago. 

That would not surprise me in the slightest.

I also remember the off duty cop that shot and killed a Canadian guy up in Pai, never was prosecuted properly for the murder of a foreigner but a few years later clubbed his pregnant Thai wife to death with a lump of wood. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism officials have visited the injured man in hospital. 

Oh God, not again this theatre...
I hope you enjoy your stay in Thailand.
Please come back again.
We are happy to hand you this THB 2,500 hotel voucher, validated until end of February 2022.

• Haha 1