Brit murder in Kanchanaburi: Region 7 chief promises justice will prevail - mental health checks on assailant

webfact

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

After dealing with my steps son's mental health issues over 15 years I know the trigger can be as small as refusing to buy smokes or whiskey which would result in death threats.In and out of the nearest mental health hospital on a regular basis because there are so many cases they can't cope.The only way they get admitted is if they actually do something.At first I thought he was just being a knob, until I saw and heard what he was going through and how little control he actually had and the horrendous torture he went through until 18 months ago I unstrung him from the rafters and tried to revive him even though he'd caused so much pain and grief to his mother and I.I now have nothing but sympathy for him and anyone who has to cope with this tragedy called mental health that includes the families and the staff struggling in the hospitals under the enormous strain of the shear numbers.So thanks for your efforts and words to remain non judgemental from the little we know about what has occurred.

Empathy goes a long way nowadays.. 

And society is too judgmental on sensitive topics.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Maybe it is because we all look the same to them? Compared to the rest of the world Thailand is low on homicides and low on crime. Whether this is from the police force or the good nature of the Thai people your guess is as good as mine

Nonsense.   Where's your data for Thai crime.?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Denim said:

One thing is a bit unusual in this incident.

There were two Brits , sitting together and presumably talking to each other. 

If they were talking to each other for several hours the music might not have been that loud since who in their right minds wants to shout above music to be heard for several hours ?? Sore throats much.

It only makes sense if the music was coming from a back bedroom and it was cranked loud to reach the front. The offended Thai might have had his bedroom backed onto the bedroom where the music was coming from. So loud for him but not so loud out front ?

Just speculating as to this apparent unclear point.

There was a video of them singing karaoke...

1 hour ago, NicholasTH said:

Empathy goes a long way nowadays.. 

And society is too judgmental on sensitive topics.. 

Tragic episodes like this will elicit all manner of responses and guesses about what took place and why even based on sensationalised articles such as the original story posted on this forum.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have conveniently forgotten that you have been more judgemental and made far more assumptions than anyone else contributing to discussions on this topic.... 

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.23.05.png

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.24.02.png

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.24.37.png

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.28.20.png

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.28.52.png

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 18.29.59.png

You can attack me all you want it doesn’t really bother me I’m thick skinned

"Thanayut promised justice for both sides."????????? For both victims I could understand, but for both "sides". I'm hoping that's a translation glitch rather than that Thanayut will plan on seeing to it that the killer doesn't do too much time in nick and his family get a good cash payout from the survivor of the attack as compensation for waking the nutter up!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Not really tourist then ????‍♂️

Better not tell TAT. To them, every - every - arrival in Thailand is a tourist. And so it is with the government in general, as clearly outlined in the latest version of restrictions to enter the country with 1st and 5th night needed in a hotel. We residents are invisible as contributors to the economy.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Flink said:

"Thanayut promised justice for both sides."????????? For both victims I could understand, but for both "sides". I'm hoping that's a translation glitch rather than that Thanayut will plan on seeing to it that the killer doesn't do too much time in nick and his family get a good cash payout from the survivor of the attack as compensation for waking the nutter up!

There are three victims in this story: the guy whose head was cut off, the other one who was cut in pieces but still alive and the “master of the sickle” who is the victim of his (never actually proved) illness. All three should be released. Justice for all.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1