Brit murder in Kanchanaburi: Region 7 chief promises justice will prevail - mental health checks on assailant

webfact

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

You are right and the clock on the wall says 12.10am? I wouldn't want to be living next door to that noise!  ☹️

I know right. On the other hand no reason to get murdered obviously. Sad sad story for all involved ????

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

It's rare to just get randomly stabbed/slashed to death. And i'm from Scotland.

Its all worrying ofcourse.  But in this case "No smoke without fire"

The victim was being an ar*****e and playing loud music late at night. And in Thailand, Land of Smiles, that qualified him for an attack with a scythe. Never make a Thai angry. Ever. Ever.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eibot said:

I know right. On the other hand no reason to get murdered obviously. Sad sad story for all involved ????

now imagine this you've got one person who who keeps himself to himself in England and you have a Thai with complex disabilities you are asking for big problems 

Edited by NicholasTH
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

unconscious cerebral palsy. have a disability id card. 1 7199 00493 771 mr. prasut thipthep, 23, at 248 river kwai road. t.tha makham muang, kanchanaburi

hometown - pungent boy! play loud music use a scyth to quench your guava's throat! (banmuang.co.th)

Cerebral palsy is not a mental  disease. And look at his photos - he looks pretty normal, unlike many others with the disease.

This is cerebral palsy (photo below).

Can you imagine a guy like this kill two adults with the sickle? Come on! I would not believe anything the Thais trying to save their ass tell you.

CF3E82DC-8B2E-4843-925A-83AAF7C34B88.jpeg

63BE7072-0532-4D51-8C80-3EBB6635574B.jpeg

Edited by Sunnny

1 minute ago, Sunnny said:

Cerebral palsy is not a mental  disease. And look at his photos - he looks pretty normal, unlike many others with the disease.

Research shows that those with neurodevelopmental disorders such as cerebral palsy are more prone to psychiatric disorders in adulthood. If we identify the early signs of mental health difficulties, then we may be able to prevent them from escalating into a psychiatric disorder

Please remember this be grateful of what health care you get back home compare to Thailand and especially if you have disabilities

6 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

Research shows that those with neurodevelopmental disorders such as cerebral palsy are more prone to psychiatric disorders in adulthood. If we identify the early signs of mental health difficulties, then we may be able to prevent them from escalating into a psychiatric disorder

Please remember this be grateful of what health care you get back home compare to Thailand and especially if you have disabilities

This is not a mental disease. Period. 

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The victim was being an ar*****e and playing loud music late at night. And in Thailand, Land of Smiles, that qualified him for an attack with a scythe. Never make a Thai angry. Ever. Ever.

It qualifies one to be murdered for playing music? Of course you’ll never see Thais making a noise, right? Don’t see any irony or emojis in your strange post so assuming you’re serious. How do you guys get like that? ????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s quite telling that the RTP feel the need to assure everyone that justice will prevail, isn’t it? I mean, it’s their job, come on! You don’t see me taking a microphone to tell people I’m going to do my job today, for Pete’s sake. 

3 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

clearly you have no idea 

Cerebral palsy (CP) is a group of disorders that affect a person's ability to move and maintain balance and posture. CP is the most common motor disability in childhood. 

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:

It qualifies one to be murdered for playing music? Of course you’ll never see Thais making a noise, right? Don’t see any irony or emojis in your strange post so assuming you’re serious. How do you guys get like that? ????

Persistent noise nuisance can drive people crazy.  ☹️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

So you don't understand sarcasm. Okay. And you also don't see me saying that Thais never make a noise. They also kill their own over it. So, you assume wrong about my post.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Go and read what Marcus wife said about the evening in the sun newspaper

Interesting read. I wonder if this was The Sun cherry picking quotes from the deceased's GF/wife 

She paid an emotional tribute to her partner’s kindness and generosity.

“He was the main provider, he supported me and my daughter,” she said.

“He gave me a monthly allowance and my expenses are high, but my husband took amazing care of me. Now I don't know what to do because I will have nobody to support me.”

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Interesting read. I wonder if this was The Sun cherry picking quotes from the deceased's GF/wife 

She paid an emotional tribute to her partner’s kindness and generosity.

“He was the main provider, he supported me and my daughter,” she said.

“He gave me a monthly allowance and my expenses are high, but my husband took amazing care of me. Now I don't know what to do because I will have nobody to support me.”

What done is done time to move.. 

because that’s what I’m doing about this situation honestly..

2 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

clearly you have no idea 

Clearly, you have no idea of a typical urban Thai environment.   I note from one of your previous posts that "when I am in Thailand", which suggests that you are an occasional visitor rather than a resident expat.   You posted a degree certificate in Psychology, it could be my computer screen, however there appears to be traces of a watermark or at least a whiff of "Khaosan Road" certified original about it.   Say it isn't so?   Either that or the integrity of the Manchester University qualification criteria has taken a turn for the worse.   It would be hard to reconcile your multitude of comments with someone with a professional qualification in psychology.

So, sat in your bedsit in Moss Side/Hulme (I use these because of the Manchester University association), you scour the internet looking for all references to an individual, i.e. Facebook, press articles, and then use your supposed qualification to pontificate the causes and indeed apportion blame for an event that you haven't witnessed, use historical photos, press heresay, not aware or visited the actual environment, and yet seek to retain some form of credibility as you portray yourself as some kind of 'expert' in Asian mental welfare systems.   

At the moment, there are a lot of 'shooting from the hip' type comments in the press, the majority of which (and appear to be the ones that you quote) bear no relation to actual events.   As another poster has said (with far more depth of knowledge than either of us) there will be an eventual factual account of what happened that morning.   

Edited by pagallim
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Thanayut promised justice for both sides.

"Justice for both sides."  So if I machete murder my neighbors then Thailand will seek just for me - the murderer? 
I'll send this on to folks back home considering a trip here.
"Yeah, so if you get murdered in Thailand, then Thailand will 'seek justice' for the person(s) to take your life."

My neighbor has requested we vent the exhaust fan from the bathroom up.  The smell is invading their house.

Guess what?

I'm a good neighbor, so I'm paying extra on my renovation this year to take care of this issue.

My wife noted this neighbor is trimming their tree to keep it from invading our space.

You get back what you give (sometimes). ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

DPKANKAN is a poster who’s wife is the sister of the wife of on of the victims.

He has a better handle on the facts through first hand information rather than hearsay a potentially flawed and ‘click-baitey’ news report....

Other residents (expects) in the area did not hear any music....  

Make of that what you will, however, a lot of people seem to want to justify or explain away the attack as something which was triggered by the victims.

This could have just been an indiscriminate attack against guys who happened to be awake at that time by someone who is mentally insane. 

There may never be a valid explanation or a trigger which we could understand.

6 hours ago,  DPKANKAN said: 

It was not that loud. Other expats living in the same block did not hear it!!

There seems to be a misconception that I blame the victims, which was not the case as far as justifying the extreme reaction the media report described. I only have the media report to go by, because that is the way people gather information. It is very rare, maybe once in a thousand cases or more, where someone who is close to the story can relate what really happened.

When media reports are flawed, as this one appears to be, then it raises the question yet again about the impartiality of such media in this country. This might or might not have originated from Thai Rath as the photo credit suggests, but yet again we seem to have someone at AseanNow who is only too happy to jump on expat behaviour while playing down that of Thais. Very strange policy for a site that is aimed at expats. I suspect, as I've written before, that it is one lone member of staff who is anti-foreigner. At least, I hope so. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

clearly you have no idea 

Back at ya mate - 

Trying to justify this attack because Thailands health system has failed the killer is truely idiotic in the extreme.  You could argue he has some diminished responsibility but that at best would be for a judge to decide..not you. He is still responsible for his actions. 

Trying to justify the attack as they were allegedly drinking and playing loud music late into the evening, whilst possibly annoying and inconsiderate (if true), is perfectly legal - you ever attended a wedding, funeral or celebration for a person entering monkhood - All loud and involve drinking late into the night with loud music. 

You need to reflect on your own words and apply come critical thinking skills of your own and develop a more accurate moral compass.  Deflecting the blame for this onto the victims is dispicable and has no consideration for the family members of the voctims who maybe reading this. You do Thailand a dis-service with your comments.  Zip it. 

• Haha 1

Wow! Thats extreme I've been in similar situations before funnily enough in Thailand the Thais love to party into the early hours i'm ok with that, although on occasion i have politely asked my neighbours if they could turn the music down a touch which usually works, Decapitation is a bit ott in my opinion 

• Haha 1