Brit murder in Kanchanaburi: Region 7 chief promises justice will prevail - mental health checks on assailant

webfact

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The drinking wasn't the ******* problem, it was the ******* racket they were creating that was the problem.

Perhaps mourning the passing of Meatloaf (RIP) by playing 'Bat Out Of Hell' over and over......that'll do it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, bougnat said:

This is not the first time that mental illness has been invoked to conceal the local xenophobia maintained even by ministers.

In the other thread on this subject, a guy who is married to the sister of the wife of one of the two victims (can’t remember if it is the deceased or injured) mentioned that the ‘murderer’ is known locally, is mentally unstable and should not be out without supervision. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you suddenly turn loud and obnoxious after drinking ???  of course some do, not not many with whom I associate get any louder or become inconsiderate because of the beer....  

I pick my friends wisely when in Thailand and this is one of the reasons as mention above .. 

1 minute ago, jonclark said:

Bangkok was once famous  and celebrated for its vibrant nightlife and exteneded drinking hours - who remember the tables and chairs which would pop up along Sukhumvit and open at midnight so the night owls could keep on drinking, partying and socializing till the sun rose and the office workers came out?  

I understand it was a residential area, but this fixation with the volume of the music and the lateness of the drinking as some sort of justification for murder is shameful. The rightwing loonies seem to have taken TVF.  If music and late drinking is justification for murder then something seriously is worng with teh society in which we live. 

Neeranam - not pointing this at you or suggesting you are a right wing loony ????

I remember well falling out of thermae at 7am. 

1 hour ago, kcpattaya said:

Oh God, not again this theatre...
I hope you enjoy your stay in Thailand.
Please come back again.
We are happy to hand you this THB 2,500 hotel voucher, validated until end of February 2022.

And a basket of fruit, of course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, law ling said:

Except perhaps in extreme cases, the concept of "mental health" is somewhat nebulous and subjective.

Hope the mental health issue doesn't allow this 22 year-old to walk (and re-offend) after a token stint in jail.

That’s exactly what will happen

7 hours ago, webfact said:

mental health evaluation of the suspect is underway.

I can well believe that at the time that his mental health and stress levels were threw the roof. 4 am with loud music blaring for hours on end, it’s easy to completely loose control. Just because they were drunk Brits doesn’t make it special. Question is did he contact the police and if he did did they respond? 

4 hours ago, Denim said:

music might not have been that loud since who in their right minds wants to shout above music to be heard for several hours

Thais do it all the time. Bigger the speakers the better boomboom  boom boom. Can seriously drive you crazy 

• Like 1