Pattaya still mostly deserted - fears of rise in Covid cases when Sandbox rules relaxed

webfact

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Fear, fear and more fear. That is the Prayuth/Anutin creed. Keep em scared, and maintain power. A power play as old as the hills. Once Covid is gone, so are the creeps, hopefully. 

It ain't over until the Fat Lady Sings. 

I think she got the flu so she won't be singing for quit sometime.

1 hour ago, HexTree said:

The COVID extension deadline is tomorrow. They pretty much have to go today, tomorrow will be worse.

I went today to do my family visa, after seeing the morning line, I said "We'll come back after lunch", when I came back, I spoke with one farang that was there to get a covid extension, he said he waited in line for a couple of hours only to have someone from the IO step out and announce "No More Coivid Extensions today! Come back tomorrow!", so he went to the visa agent/office next door & paid them (I think he said 3,000b) and was told to come back and pick-up his passport in the afternoon, he then said many people did exactly the same.  Apparently Pattaya IO can't do Covid extensions once the limit is reached, but will do CE if there's extra money to be made.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, tomster said:

In years to come people will look back at these images of people wearing hazmat suits testing for a disease similar to the common cold and think what on Earth were they doing...

Yea, what the hell do those health care professionals know anyway?

They should be here on Thai Visa getting an education or watching Fox.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TB20 said:

You did not read my post or you did not understand. Or read peer reviewed studies which have not been published by the media. You easily find them when using a search engine.

We can only asume about the benefit or no benefit of mask if we should have 2 test groupes ....one with and 1  with no mask.. ....as this did not happened we only differ of opinion by just personal  believe and likes  .....same for being a bar or Gogo owner or simple person ....money loosing or not loosing ....

Different interest ...sad enough anyway.

8 hours ago, bbko said:

The headline says "Pattaya still mostly deserted...", Someone needs to tell Pattaya Immigration cause this was the line this morning @ 0745, out the parking lot and halfway down the soi.

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

I might be living out in the sticks in Kalasin Province, but when I visit immigration there is never more than five people there, often less ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Polaky said:

Because there is a q at immigration doesn't mean the the place is busy, i just left there to head north and can concur that the place is dead as a door nail, depressingly so, Tourist's appear to be avoiding patts and only expats as evident by the q at the incompetent IO, It will take years to get back to its glory days, meanwhile tourists are right to choose phuket and surrounds, beach road was once littered by luscious females displaying their goods, now all you see are very unfit farangs exercising.

The only beautiful females on Beach Road where the ones with deep voices. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TB20 said:

Sorry, this is not correct. We know from meta studies that wearing face masks are counter effective.

I agree: sad enough...

And so we both keep our own opinions....????

You cant fix stupid.

When you turn A-GoGo into, say, McDonalds-Agogo and leave some stale old Big Macs, priced at 800 Baht, for display on a table outside ........ who exactly do you want to fool now?

The "rules" maker should go for serious brain check, nobody in his right mind would come just because places of ill repute remain closed where decorated with a "restaurant", "bistro" or "snack" sign can operate - all serving 99% eye candy! 

Stupidity explained - file closed - you're welcome! 

BREAKING NEWS.

FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE.
According to unknown media sources, there has been an outbreak of 'Foot in Mouth Disease' in Thailand, the unknown whistle blower said, the out break came from the CCSA office and is spreading like wildfire to the MOPH offices and has become rampant at the TAT offices, god help us all. ????
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mingomania said:

I was there Friday waiting hours in line just to get a number and told to return today Monday, So back again for two hours and finally getting processed inside, but they'll keep my passport until tomorrow when I have to go back a third time. I pray that this sorry circus of an Immigration Office is not a reflection of how the country is organized and governed. 

Meanwhile, I hope I don't get stopped somewhere without my passport and proof of stay, stamps and signatures, getting arrested by some ignorant cop who doesn't speak English..

Not in Pattaya, but I had to go 8 (EIGHT!) times one year to get my extension!

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Everything about Covid is so skewed. It is very hard to get accurate information and much of the official narrative is colored or inaccurate. 

60 million people die worldwide in an average year. How many of these folks with multiple co-morbidities would have died anyway? How many would have died of old age and natural causes?

In the US, if you die in a motorbike accident, but have Covid, that is a Covid death. How many other nations do this? Just how accurate are the numbers, really? 

That’s a pretty weak argument. You disagree with the conclusion but when the data shows different you just claim the data is wrong. Do you have better data, and if not, what are you basing your conclusion on?

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Fear, fear and more fear. That is the Prayuth/Anutin creed. Keep em scared, and maintain power. A power play as old as the hills. Once Covid is gone, so are the creeps, hopefully. 

I don't see how fear helps maintain power. It is surely in the interest of the government that people are happy, employed and able to go out and enjoy themselves, that would mean less stress and more satisfaction with the governing powers. When stress, fear and poverty govern your private life you start to think, want answers, want change, a change of government would be foremost in ones mind. You can see throughout the world that open protest is forming against the regulations to control covid, even in such law abiding conservative thinking countries as Germany and Holland protests are starting to turn ugly and the rhetoric is more extreme. The controls in place are desperate measures to try and control a most unusual situation but people just aren't used to such control being introduced to their lives, it is unprecedented in modern times and so the mindset of acceptance isn't there. I saw a program about nurses, in Ohio I believe, where the governing powers refuse the stringent methods employed elsewhere, as a result 60% have covid and even those anti-vaxers in ICU refuse to believe that they have covid 19, it is self delusion, so yes government has a duty to force these restrictions on people for their own good even if it makes them unpopular.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Come on, you don't really believe this is happening. Of the 875,000 people who have died from Covid in the US, MAYBE you could find 1 or 2 that meet your claim. So 874,998...to be generous.

If you have definitive proof that it is different, post it; otherwise, it's just more conspiracy drivel.

Covid killed all those people.

Not even close to the truth. 

For the vast majority of those people, Covid has been the primary cause of their death.

But there has always been a minority who died from another cause. And with Omicron infecting so many people, there is a higher likelihood of people dying from an unrelated reason in the month after testing positive than there has been in the past.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-60000391

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 10:13 AM, spidermike007 said:

I think that the soldier posing as a PM is terrified of things getting back to near normal as the students will then start their protests again, and I believe there will be much more than was there the last time.

I see bad things happening in the future.

"Once Covid is gone, so are the creeps, hopefully."  I really sincerely hope that is the case. 

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Everything about Covid is so skewed. It is very hard to get accurate information and much of the official narrative is colored or inaccurate. 

60 million people die worldwide in an average year. How many of these folks with multiple co-morbidities would have died anyway? How many would have died of old age and natural causes?

In the US, if you die in a motorbike accident, but have Covid, that is a Covid death. How many other nations do this? Just how accurate are the numbers, really? 

The numbers are there to suit various governments all over the world who are using this pandemic for their own financial gains in various ways.

Also keep it in mind that western governments have politicians who are full of corruption but have the brains to hide it where here in Thailand the government are playing at being politicians, and with most of them having a Military Academy education, with very little brain power in comparison.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Polaky said:

Because there is a q at immigration doesn't mean the the place is busy, i just left there to head north and can concur that the place is dead as a door nail, depressingly so, Tourist's appear to be avoiding patts and only expats as evident by the q at the incompetent IO, It will take years to get back to its glory days, meanwhile tourists are right to choose phuket and surrounds, beach road was once littered by luscious females displaying their goods, now all you see are very unfit farangs exercising.

These big fat bellies and titties bouncing up and down running along Beach Road?? :cheesy: :cheesy:  These very unfit farangs as you describe, would not be able to even raise a gallop, never mind get off their barstools.

• Haha 1