Sixty Day Covid 19 Extensions Order Extended To March 26

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nor should they be able to use covid extensions.

They have an option.

I'd say it depends. Someone who loses their job on short notice might need some extra time to secure a new one, as they can't just hop across the border and enter visa exempt right now. What you probably have in mind are those on Non-O visas who use Covid extensions instead of retirement or marriage.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's exactly correct. 

I was thinking of non O retirement and marriage..

Yeah, in fairness I think the employment Non Imm Bs can end up in this kind of situation.

If school closures pop up again, although unlikely at this stage, Non Imm Eds could end up in a stuck situation too.

I hope its okay to post this here...

According to Richard Barrow...

If you have VOA you cannot change to Covid stamp

If you have a Tourist Visa you can change to Covid stamp

If you have a Non B, for example, and you lose your job, you cannot change to Covid stamp

screenshot (1).jpeg

Edited by lolalol
  • Like 1

thanks i made so many errors in my search to stay the full 60 days. i was in phuket , bkk,,  krabi ,  samui and now ko tao.............and tomorrow i will go finally to extend.    what we need now is clarificartion on who can and who cant partake in the new covid extension. looks like those that came in on a tourist visa or free 30 day entry can partake in this new extension?????  my guess is the new rules are weeding out the long stay people in favor of those that have been here 6 months or less?????  

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

I'd say the opposite is true.

People arriving on tourist and visa exempt since re-opening could be considered to not have a legitimate reason to extend. People who already have long stay visas may have genuine or semi-genuine reasons to not be able to extend using their usual method.

Personally, I'm not a vindictive person, so I hope that anybody who wants one of these extensions is entitled to one.

so now the debate is the new rules added to the covid extensions

24 minutes ago, Almudena said:

After the scare that Richard Barrow in Thailand caused a few years ago regarding visiting immigration offices that turned out to be complete tosh, I wouldn't believe anything that bloke says and writes anymore.  I have a non-B (work contract finished) and have no problems with the covid extensions and still stay in non-B status (in case of future employment).  On my last extension there were others in the office who couldn't extend the non immigrant  visa and were offered covid extensions instead.  I guess that's the beauty of my local IO that they care that our foreign funds is spent locally.

The change in rules for non-imm covid extensions was just announced today... so whatever was, was in the past. I am still waiting on clarification how we non-imm holders who are on covid extensions will fare going forward.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, zugzug123 said:

The change in rules for non-imm covid extensions was just announced today... so whatever was, was in the past. I am still waiting on clarification how we non-imm holders who are on covid extensions will fare going forward.

The letter says arriving into the country on a non-immigrant visa.  If it was converted from a tourist visa or VOA to a non-b or non-ed within the country then that's not the same as entering the country on one.  I hope someone could shred some light on this matter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

thanks i made so many errors in my search to stay the full 60 days. i was in phuket , bkk,,  krabi ,  samui and now ko tao.............and tomorrow i will go finally to extend.    what we need now is clarificartion on who can and who cant partake in the new covid extension. looks like those that came in on a tourist visa or free 30 day entry can partake in this new extension?????  my guess is the new rules are weeding out the long stay people in favor of those that have been here 6 months or less?????  

If I had to take a guess, they are trying to "reset" the covid extensions so that those who prior to pandemic were consistently requalifying properly for their Non-Immigrant visas (O, A, Retirement, etc.) will go back to to doing that.  Ostensibly this will make it so by the time they end the covid program, there will be not too many people still on it aside from tourists who would eventually have planned to exit the country anyway.

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

Let us know how your extension goes. I am curious to know if on Ko Tao they are demanding things like departure flight bookings, etc. Or is it an easy process?

25 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

If I had to take a guess, they are trying to "reset" the covid extensions so that those who prior to pandemic were consistently requalifying properly for their Non-Immigrant visas (O, A, Retirement, etc.) will go back to to doing that.  Ostensibly this will make it so by the time they end the covid program, there will be not too many people still on it aside from tourists who would eventually have planned to exit the country anyway.

I am curious to see if people on ED and volunteer visas for whom an extension is not possible will still be able to obtain the covid extensions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Great news & happy for all those who require these extensions.

Where is Jack1988 ???? 

You must be fuming now ????????????????????

Once again, I have nothing to do with covid extension lol. Is your business not mine ????

8 hours ago, lolalol said:

If you have VOA you cannot change to Covid stamp

If you have a Tourist Visa you can change to Covid stamp

If you have a Non B, for example, and you lose your job, you cannot change to Covid stamp

The wording "change" to a covid stamp is, as always, confusing. What if you've *already* changed from tourist or non-B to covid stamp? Can you continue to extend on this basis? Or are you sol?

I think the Non-B and lost job is a particularly harsh decision.

8 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

affidavit does not say there is some other country, including your home country, that you could possibly return to if you chose.  It says "destination" country.  The individual applying for the extension would define "destination country".  Why is it assumed that the destination country is the person's country of citizenship or residence?  In my case, the destination country would be the Philippines, which is not open.  Also, the "pandemic situation" is still ongoing.  In both my country of citizenship and country where I own a home, the COVID numbers are rising and the hospitals are slowly being overwhelmed.  The "pandemic situation" is still ongoing there and in my "destination country", the Philippines

It's a fair point. But you could make that argument for anybody on any type of visa/extension.

Anyway, like I said, I personally hope they continue to be available to anyone who want them 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

It's a fair point. But you could make that argument for anybody on any type of visa/extension.

Anyway, like I said, I personally hope they continue to be available to anyone who want them 

Latest from uk. Will this have any effect?

1643071255296.jpg

• Confused 2