Sixty Day Covid 19 Extensions Order Extended To March 26

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Even with an agent I was denied when I tried to do it more than 30 days in advance.

I think that depends on immigration office.  Are you in Bangkok?  Different immigration offices seem to go by different rules.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

To my personal opinion immigration prefer this kind of farangs because they can take fees extensions every 2 months and obviously not from long term farangs that pay only 1900 bath a year for annual marriage extension or retirement

Just shows your lack of knowledge. Extensions are 1900baht, be that 30 day standard extension or covid or marriage/retirement 12 month.

All 1900 baht. 

As for trotting out your standard line "covid extensions won't last forever"

A brainwave?  That's a given. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just shows your lack of knowledge. Extensions are 1900baht, be that 30 day standard extension or covid or marriage/retirement 12 month.

All 1900 baht. 

Lol, that's exactly what he said. Covid extensions are good as you need 6x 1900 baht a year as opposed to people with 1x 1900 baht for the year on retirememt/marriage 

8 minutes ago, lolalol said:

I think that depends on immigration office.  Are you in Bangkok?  Different immigration offices seem to go by different rules.

It always depends on the immigration office, the immigration officer, the month, the day, the time. But really, the immigration rules are universal and should all be the same.

Edited by Ohyesuare

16 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

It's amazing how farangs on this forum are talking about a simple covid extension and some are already thinking if it will be extended until May. Immigration are making money with people that are using this kind of extension that's the reason why it is extended every 2 months but obviously it will not be extended forever. To my personal opinion immigration prefer this kind of farangs because they can take fees extensions every 2 months and obviously not from long term farangs that pay only 1900 bath a year for annual marriage extension or retirement

Edited 7 minutes ago by Jack1988

I wish it was only about bi-monthly 1900 baht.   

Just now, aussiexpat said:

Lol, that's exactly what he said. Covid extensions are good as you need 6x 1900 baht a year as opposed to people with 1x 1900 baht for the year on retirememt/marriage 

Yes I made an error.

Thank goodness your on hand. 

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

It always depends on the immigration office, the immigration officer, the month, the day, the time. But really, the immigration rules are universal and should all be the same.

I agree that the immigration rules should be the same in all of Thailand. Whenever I go to the immigration, I feel as if I'm about to play Russian roulette. 

I personally don't like all these confusions and unnecessary stress.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Immigration are making money with people that are using this kind of extension that's the reason why it is extended every 2 months but obviously it will not be extended forever. 

Of course. The ones who decide to extend it aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts but obviously it can't go on forever either. They are slowly tightening it up too by bringing new restrictions/more strict wording each time now until eventually it will get cancelled I'm sure. Ideally there will be an alternative by then for people who want to continue staying and don't meet any of the long stay requirements. We shall see.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

All 1900 baht. 

As for trotting out your standard line "covid extensions won't last forever"

A brainwave?  That's a given. 

COVID extension every 2 months is 1900 bath so 1900x 6 = 11400

12 months marriage extension is only 1900 bath. Just for help you to learn the big difference ????

10 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

12 months marriage extension is only 1900 bath. Just for help you to learn the big difference ????

I already pointed out above that I  mis read your initial post. 

Doesn't distract that your ongoing posts of ...."covid extensions will eventually end" is absolute genius.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

.....Nup.

Where does it state rules for obtaining covid extensions.

As for io trying to help.....give me a break. 

BTW the affidavit resembles a kindergarten project. 

As someone pointed out ... this thread is about covid extensions.

Some io have recently made the covid extensions difficult.

They are low level clerks that should be best advised to follow what is in gazette rather than try to interpret it.

What's the saying to sports folk..

"Play within your limitations" 

What's the saying to sports folk..

"Play within your limitations" 

But also play it by the rules then  ..... like i said before .....be happy they do not ask  for proof of booked and cancelled flights  as supporting evidence for reason "can not go home country " ....???? instead of blaming them who give the stamps to stay..... like a frustrated I.O. hater ...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 5:27 AM, Jack1988 said:

Going on your own mathematics, it could be argued that the Covid Extenders are in fact more valuable to the Thai Immigration, & in turn, the Thai economy as a whole.

Maybe they will decide to keep these Covid Extenders & make it easier for them to stay in the Kingdom

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

...be happy they do not ask  for proof of booked and cancelled flights 

They have been doing exactly that. 

Reports from both CW and MTT and Trat and others.

Also Hua Hin wanting embassy letter (refusal of issue).

Along with other offices being ridiculous.

Keep Up! 

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They have been doing exactly that. 

Reports from both CW and MTT and Trat and others.

Also Hua Hin wanting embassy letter (refusal of issue).

Along with other offices being ridiculous.

Keep Up! 

I know that, i am up ???? , only meaning to say : be happy they don't start doing that as a general rule .... they are entitled to ask proof of that if they wish...

Edited by david555

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time it appears the extension is only for those entered the country visa exempt or on a tourist visa.

That's how it translates.

Meaning those with Thai family/spouse who used the Non Imm O ME Visa to enter, will now have to apply for 1 year annual extensions in order to stay.
That's how I interpret it.

15 minutes ago, david555 said:

I know that, i am up ???? , only meaning to say : be happy they don't start doing that as a general rule .... they are entitled to ask proof of that if they wish...

Proof of what. 

Please explain.

Your making stuff up.

. "they are entitled to ask proof of that if they wish."

Your not an immigration lawyer? 

Just a wild guess. 

40 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Whenever there is a Covid extension thread, it is a given that you will appear - Like i bad smell.

You always claim that you dont care about CE's, but spout yout same shi#t of every thread going.

However - I agree with you - Immigration love the Covid extenders more so than the constant <deleted> boring resentful talking <deleted> people like you.

And rightly so.

Ps: I never see you post on any other subject on here, only covid Extension topics ???

Whenever I say my opinion it is a given that you will appear like I bad smell ????. Keep it calm and love covid extension 555

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

That's how it translates.

Meaning those with Thai family/spouse who used the Non Imm O ME Visa to enter, will now have to apply for 1 year annual extensions in order to stay.
That's how I interpret it.

Correct and imo how it should be.

They have options. Use them.

Obtain 12 month extension based on marriage or retirement.

No need for covid extensions with option available.

Hey T ...welcome back.

34 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Going on your own mathematics, it could be argued that the Covid Extenders are in fact more valuable to the Thai Immigration, & in turn, the Thai economy as a whole.

Maybe they will decide to keep these Covid Extenders & make it easier for them to stay in the Kingdom, whilst focussing their attensions  on people like you ????

Yes indeed!  I wish they would do something like pay 6000 for 6 months(and do a online 90-day report mid-way) once covid is over.  The old system where you had to extend after 30 days, then run to a border at the end of that, then cycle it all over again was so much hassle.  

10 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

The old system where you had to extend after 30 days, then run to a border at the end of that, then cycle it all over again was so much hassle.  

Thats perhaps your old system.

Some for example obtained a METV and with extensions for each entry could ilk out 9 months.

After that border runs visa exempt (2 per calendar year) etc etc.

Can remain in Thailand long time.

All relies on open borders. 

Fly to Vietnam and reenter visa exempt then with Extension another 2 months. etc etc

1 hour ago, Jack1988 said:

obviously not from long term farangs that pay only 1900 bath a year for annual marriage extension or retirement

For us that use an agent for Marriage extensions, it works a lot cheaper to pay 1,900 bht every 60 days for a covid extension which works to 11,400 bht for the year then pay an agent 25k to arrange my marriage extension. 

I just did my 4th consecutive 60 day covid extension at Kalasin immigration yesterday. No questions asked, in and out in 10 minuets. I didn't even fill the applications, just sign, picture, pay and stamp. Only needed, photo, passport copy, wife's ID and house papers. That's it. Feel sorry for you guys in Bangkok that are going through the ringer at that immigration office.

So this is interesting. I came for 4 months initially (have stuff to do back in Aus)  so starting with a visa exempt, pay 1900 baht for Imm O, another 1900 baht for retirement extension and then 1900 baht for re-entry permit, so 5700 baht all up 

I can now do 30 day extension for 1900 baht and then 60 day covid extension for 1900 baht so 3800 baht for same 4 months.

Besides saving 1900 baht, I also don't have to transfer 800k baht to Thai bank. Pretty easy choice really as perfectly legal ????

Edited by aussiexpat

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct and imo how it should be.

They have options. Use them.

Obtain 12 month extension based on marriage or retirement.

No need for covid extensions with option available.

The problem that initially springs to my mind Jack, is how would they meet the financial requirements at such short notice.
12 x 40K monthly transfers.
400K 2 months prior to application.

• Like 1

Just now, Tanoshi said:

The problem that initially springs to my mind Jack, is how would they meet the financial requirements at such short notice.
12 x 40K monthly transfers.
400K 2 months prior to application.

I was very guilty of that early doors.

Almost offensive stating 400k for short period was minimal requirement. 

However lot of time under the bridge.

Personal opinion is that married guys in particular by now should have obtained annual extension.

Some immigration offices have been pushing this.