Sixty Day Covid 19 Extensions Order Extended To March 26

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I don't know better, and personally, I'm not anti Covid extensions - for anyone and everyone who wishes to ride out the pandemic in Thailand.

All I'm saying is that it remains to be seen, as there's still considerable confusion with regards to yesterday's order. It's conceivable that an agent can still obtain Covid extensions for those on non-immigrant visas from tomorrow on, but that doesn't look like a sure bet to me. @ThaiVisaCentre already commented that it won't be possible, so even different agents might have different takes on this for the time being. 

Let's see what they say from today on going forward, now that the 25 January deadline has passed ????

2 hours ago, zugzug123 said:

Just asked my agent and they told me they can still do 60 day covid extensions for me (arrived and currently on non-imm)

Heard the same here. Immigration told my agent that it's about new people entering Thailand from tomorrow on Non Immigrant visas and not concerning those already in the country on COVID extensions. However, this classic ambiguity might see different interpretations from various immigration offices.

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

No, under consideration means you're already approved, you just need to come in and get your final stamp.

Are you sure about this?  This is my current situation.  Why would they need (in my case) 15 days between my "already approved" extension application and the "final" approval stamp?

Is there any known instance of rejection after the passport was stamped with the "return for final stamp" stamp?

Edited by NotReallyHere
spelling - arrgh...

4 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Are you sure about this?  This is my current situation.  Why would they need (in my case) 15 days between my "already approved" extension application and the "final" approval stamp?

Is there any know instance of rejection after the passport was stamped with the "return for final stamp" stamp?

So that next time you pay an agent and think twice about doing it yourself... partially joking

Edited by mnomad

35 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Why would they get tired of the only reason many of them still have a job? Plus all the backhander deals many of them do with agents. I bet they love to see hordes of tourists/walking ATMs showing up each time.

can't get paid if you have to send them back for embassy letters/return flights/etc. 

Otherwise, why enforce stricter extension regulations in the first place? Other visa options are clearly documented and easier to process. 

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

No, under consideration means you're already approved, you just need to come in and get your final stamp.

"Under consideration" means exactly that.

Just because in the past everybody who has had such a stamp has been approved, that doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be that way in the future.

Otherwise they'd, you know, just give you the approved stamp already.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

In that case I don't know if you will be able to obtain covid extensions post Jan 25.

The new covid extension "guidelines" seem unclear.

In any event my personal view is that covid extensions should not be available to folk that can obtain annual extensions based on marriage or retirement.

With all due respects , your personal view means nothing as mine would be too .

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

Just because in the past everybody who has had such a stamp has been approved, that doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be that way in the future.

Yes, but luckily we live in the present where not one person who has got an under consideration has ever been denied so until/if that very unlikely changes, it's guaranteed.

23 minutes ago, zugzug123 said:

can't get paid if you have to send them back for embassy letters/return flights/etc. 

Otherwise, why enforce stricter extension regulations in the first place? 

Sure they can. Making it more difficult, more of a hassle, leaving it until the very last day to announce extensions pushes more people towards using agents and they get their cut. I've read tons of stories of people who come in, have all the paperwork,  do everything they are supposed to and the IO still tries to find ways to deny them or very begrudgingly gives them the stamp they deserve for just the 1900 baht or even just straight up asks them for more money on the spot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

With all due respects , your personal view means nothing as mine would be too .

I was replying to someone else.

Forums are not only for factual information but also personal views and opinions. 

Do you have something constructive to post. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Is there any known instance of rejection after the passport was stamped with the "return for final stamp" stamp?

The under consideration was originally meant as a way to reduce overcrowding as I understand it. I have not heard of or read one instance of rejection after someone has already received the under consideration stamp and I can guarantee we would have heard of at least one if it ever happened.

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

I was replying to someone else.

Forums are not only for factual information but also personal views and opinions. 

Do you have something constructive to post. 

Far more constructive to remain on the facts . Personal opinions mean nothing . 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Sure they can. Making it more difficult, more of a hassle, leaving it until the very last day to announce extensions pushes more people towards using agents and they get their cut. I've read tons of stories of people who come in, have all the paperwork,  do everything they are supposed to and the IO still tries to find ways to deny them or very begrudgingly gives them the stamp they deserve for just the 1900 baht or even just straight up asks them for more money on the spot.

please take off your tinfoil hat. the IOs who work with agents are grunts that want to make something extra on the side next to their crappy salaries. They are not the same people who sit in meetings and make the regulations. 

also, if an IO sends you away and you decide to use an agent, it is almost guaranteed that it will not be the same IO who will get a cut off the agent's fees.

point is, the government wants to weed out all the long term stayers and send them on a "real visa". Again, this is nothing new as the extensions have been becoming harder to get recently. Thankfully, agents are still an option for now, so if you absolutely must get a covid extension, this might be an option for you. 

I know some people think they are supporting an entire nation with their visa fees ???? But let's get real, the government wants long term covid extension holders out. 

Edited by zugzug123

2 minutes ago, zugzug123 said:

please take off your tinfoil hat. the IOs who work with with agents are grunts and not the same people who pass down the regulations. 

I'll leave the tinfoil hat on, I like how it looks, thanks. Explain the reasoning behind waiting for the very last day to announce extensions then instead of a week, month etc.. in advance? What was the reason for announcing the first paid covid extensions a few days after the original amnesty deadline when tons of people who couldn't/didn't want to get Education/Volunteer visas had to leave the country?

You're ignorant if you think people at the very top who make the regulations don't know what their subordinates are doing. They can see the agents rolling up with 50+ passports in their hand of people who haven't set foot in an immigration office in years. They choose to allow it and look the other way.

Also, the grunts still have the discretion to make things more difficult for people and many seem to follow their own personal policies rather than the regulations/law. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

I'll leave the tinfoil hat on, I like how it looks, thanks. Explain the reasoning behind waiting for the very last day to announce extensions then instead of a week, month etc.. in advance? What was the reason for announcing the first paid covid extensions a few days after the original amnesty deadline when tons of people who couldn't/didn't want to get Education/Volunteer visas had to leave the country?

You're ignorant if you think people at the very top who make the regulations don't know what their subordinates are doing. They can see the agents rolling up with 50+ passports in their hand of people who haven't set foot in an immigration office in years. They choose to allow it and look the other way.

Also, the grunts still have the discretion to make things more difficult for people and many seem to follow their own personal policies rather than the regulations/law. 

They wait for the last minute to get people out, and not make them comfortable here. 

19 hours ago, JayClay said:

anybody who wants one of these extensions is entitled to one.

I bet almost all of us know someone who was rendered jobless by the pandemic, particularly highly-paid foreigners in the hospitality industry. The pandemic has eaten us their visa deposits. Does Thailand really want to kick these people out, or drive them to shady visa agents?

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Strange that all you described i never ever met that behavior in Jomtien immigration ....., with the proper non o visa i got the ret. ext. first time with the combination methode , second year and 7 following ones  with the 800K on Th. bank , with the needed doc. and bank letter and updated bankbook , never had  any problem and never used an agent or brown enveloppe , or be pushed to the use of an agent . It only costed me the official 1900 baht to them .....

Most of all those complainers about begrudgingly I.O.'s are mostly just not meeting the needed or not having the proper documentation and just blaming it on the man or woman behind the desk !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

Strange that all you described i never ever met that behavior in Jomtien immigration ....., with the proper non o visa i got the ret. ext. first time with the combination methode , second year and 7 following ones  with the 800K on Th. bank , with the needed doc. and bank letter and updated bankbook , never had  any problem and never used an agent or brown enveloppe , or be pushed to the use of an agent . It only costed me the official 1900 baht to them .....

Most of all those complainers about begrudgingly I.O.'s are mostly just not meeting the needed or not having the proper documentation and just blaming it on the man or woman behind the desk !

Please check the forum topic ???? We are talking about the covid extension. 

1 hour ago, zugzug123 said:

Please check the forum topic ???? We are talking about the covid extension. 

it was my reply about the begruntled I.O's i replied ,????

and above it proofs that when the proper visa or extensions or other doc. are used they should not be so begruntled (as blamed ) because the covid ext. applicants should be happy they don't really ask proof they can not return or leave ...... those I.O. just try to stay in some way a little in the middle of regulations and helping out the applicants 

Sigh.... So what  does this new extension rules mean for us? 

We have until March 26th to apply for another extension, and get 60 more days?  So those who are granted can stay up to late May???

Also, how soon can I apply for an extension?  I usually hear 30 days.  But an IO once  told me 45 days, but that was a long time ago. 

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

I'll bet that when your fourth grade teacher asked for someone to volunteer to be the classroom monitor, your hand was the first one in the air, with you saying "me, me, me." What difference does it make to you or me what conditions someone else gets to remain in Thailand? Doesn't effect me whatsoever. Especially during a time when the tourist industry is going bust, the Covid extenders are bringing some money into the country. 

Oh hardly, I was never a model student....
You don't by any chance wear circus pants and sport a grey pony tail?
Apologies if I have the wrong John in your case. 

17 minutes ago, lolalol said:

Sigh.... So what  does this new extension rules mean for us? 

We have until March 26th to apply for another extension, and get 60 more days?  So those who are granted can stay up to late May???

Also, how soon can I apply for an extension?  I usually hear 30 days.  But an IO once  told me 45 days, but that was a long time ago. 

Even with an agent I was denied when I tried to do it more than 30 days in advance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

because the covid ext. applicants should be happy they don't really ask proof they can not return or leave ...... those I.O. just try to stay in some way a little in the middle of regulations and helping out the applicants 

.....Nup.

Where does it state rules for obtaining covid extensions.

As for io trying to help.....give me a break. 

BTW the affidavit resembles a kindergarten project. 

As someone pointed out ... this thread is about covid extensions.

Some io have recently made the covid extensions difficult.

They are low level clerks that should be best advised to follow what is in gazette rather than try to interpret it.

What's the saying to sports folk..

"Play within your limitations" 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

It's amazing how farangs on this forum are talking about a simple covid extension and some are already thinking if it will be extended until May. Immigration are making money with people that are using this kind of extension that's the reason why it is extended every 2 months but obviously it will not be extended forever. To my personal opinion immigration prefer this kind of farangs because they can take fees extensions every 2 months and obviously not from long term farangs that pay only 1900 bath a year for annual marriage extension or retirement

Edited by Jack1988
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2