Sixty Day Covid 19 Extensions Order Extended To March 26

18 minutes ago, nightfox said:

For us that use an agent for Marriage extensions, it works a lot cheaper to pay 1,900 bht every 60 days for a covid extension which works to 11,400 bht for the year then pay an agent 25k to arrange my marriage extension. 

I just did my 4th consecutive 60 day covid extension at Kalasin immigration yesterday. No questions asked, in and out in 10 minuets. I didn't even fill the applications, just sign, picture, pay and stamp. Only needed, photo, passport copy, wife's ID and house papers. That's it. Feel sorry for you guys in Bangkok that are going through the ringer at that immigration office.

I didn't use an agent for my annual marriage extension, I just payed 1900 bath fee at immigration, that's it lol

46 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Proof of what. 

Please explain.

Your making stuff up.

. "they are entitled to ask proof of that if they wish."

Your not an immigration lawyer? 

Just a wild guess. 

Example ...proof of booked and cancelled flight ....not enough example for you ?

You know very well they can ask and having the right too. The extension is about NOT be able to return home country .

No i am not an immigration lawyer and neighter are you ....as even you start behaving as a procecuter against   immigration???? .....just give up they are the power who decides the applicants case ...

Still having problems with accepting authority ?? ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, david555 said:

What's the saying to sports folk..

"Play within your limitations" 

But also play it by the rules then  ..... like i said before .....be happy they do not ask  for proof of booked and cancelled flights  as supporting evidence for reason "can not go home country " ....???? instead of blaming them who give the stamps to stay..... like a frustrated I.O. hater ...

Tomorrow denmark open fully with no restrictions.I guess more countries will follow.In the next months i guess whole europe is open and more will follow.If so i think thailand will be "forced"to do the same.Nobody want to go there if they still continue with restrictions and pay for this and that in advance.If that happends the happy days for those relaying on CE is over.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, stigar said:

Tomorrow denmark open fully with no restrictions.I guess more countries will follow.In the next months i guess whole europe is open and more will follow.If so i think thailand will be "forced"to do the same.Nobody want to go there if they still continue with restrictions and pay for this and that in advance.If that happends the happy days for those relaying on CE is over.

And so  the border run company's can make money again driving them to Cambodia or Laos  every body happy with visa-runs again  ???? (on condition rules not became stricter ...)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

And so  the border run company's can make money again driving them to Cambodia or Laos  every body happy with visa-runs again  ???? (on condition rules not became stricter ...)

The boss at IATA says today that countries have to stop restrictions about travel.ASIA is down 68,8% compared to before.He mean that fully vaccinated shouldnt have any restricions anymore.

Anyway i think thailand will continue their policy.

2 minutes ago, stigar said:

The boss at IATA says today that countries have to stop restrictions about travel.ASIA is down 68,8% compared to before.He mean that fully vaccinated shouldnt have any restricions anymore.

Anyway i think thailand will continue their policy.

An ever "try and error" policy....and changing moment to moment 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Thats perhaps your old system.

Some for example obtained a METV and with extensions for each entry could ilk out 9 months.

After that border runs visa exempt (2 per calendar year) etc etc.

Can remain in Thailand long time.

All relies on open borders. 

Fly to Vietnam and reenter visa exempt then with Extension another 2 months. etc etc

Yes, the difficulty with it is that many of the Thai consulates in neighboring countries were not issuing METV (Malaysia, Myanmar, etc.).  Furthermore, it was getting more and more difficult to arrive in Bangkok on flights (i.e. the scrutiny of number of times arriving in a year, showing 20K baht cash, and other non-sense).  

23 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Yes, the difficulty with it is that many of the Thai consulates in neighboring countries were not issuing METV (Malaysia, Myanmar, etc.).  Furthermore, it was getting more and more difficult to arrive in Bangkok on flights (i.e. the scrutiny of number of times arriving in a year, showing 20K baht cash, and other non-sense).  

So  being able to show 20 000 Thai bath  is also a difficulty .????..?, that was even a rule that could be asked by a visa border run when entering Th. again

38 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Completely incorrect.

METV is only able to be obtained in your own country or country where you are a permanent resident.

Also to exit and reenter Thailand with a METV has absolutely no consequences. 

As for this statement....

"Furthermore, it was getting more and more difficult to arrive in Bangkok on flights (i.e. the scrutiny of number of times arriving in a year"

Absolute crock of. 

Stop imaginary posts. 

15 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yes, but luckily we live in the present where not one person who has got an under consideration has ever been denied so

Yes we're living in the present. And in the present there have been unprecedented major rule changes where by many people are no longer eligible for these extensions.

I am one of those people, and I am currently under consideration, so I am concerned that when I go back I may be faced with rejection. Luckily my report-back date isn't for another 4 weeks, so if this does turn out to be the case I'm sure I'll have heard about it from somebody else first.

[quote]

until/if that very unlikely changes, it's guaranteed.

[/quote]

That's the very possibility I'm discussing here! We all [i]know[/i] what the situation up to this date has been...

49 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I  am one of those people, and I am currently under consideration, so I am concerned that when I go back I may be faced with rejection

You have your extension.

Just return for final stamp.

It's not really under consideration.

Done deal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

but someone is saying you only get it once.  once u have had one covid extension u cant get it a second time.  this is a new rule on this new round of extensions??

"someone is saying......"

Suggest you chill and wait for first hand reports regarding covid extensions.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

"someone is saying......"

Suggest you chill and wait for first hand reports regarding covid extensions.

I guess thats all we can do at this point. Regardless i am preparing to do a visa run just in case. I am thinking nonstop to South Korea.

6 minutes ago, at15 said:

I guess thats all we can do at this point. Regardless i am preparing to do a visa run just in case. I am thinking nonstop to South Korea.

5and half hour expensive flight, not to mention requirements to reenter Thailand.....

I wouldn't call that much of a visa run.

Why wouldn't you be eligible for covid extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

5and half hour expensive flight, not to mention requirements to reenter Thailand.....

I wouldn't call that much of a visa run.

Why wouldn't you be eligible for covid extension. 

I thought I would be as a tourist but i have already used many of them plus you got people saying on that facebook group its only 10 days now?

Just now, at15 said:

I thought I would be as a tourist but i have already used many of them plus you got people saying on that facebook group its only 10 days now?

Ignore Facebook.

Rumor mill.

If you have trouble with obtaining a covid extension due to difficult immigration offices/officers just use an agent.

Not ideal as it's approx 3k on top of the 1900baht but sure beats flight to Sth Korea. 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 10:40 PM, Almudena said:

After the scare that Richard Barrow in Thailand caused a few years ago regarding visiting immigration offices that turned out to be complete tosh, I wouldn't believe anything that bloke says and writes anymore.  I have a non-B (work contract finished) and have no problems with the covid extensions and still stay in non-B status (in case of future employment).  On my last extension there were others in the office who couldn't extend their non immigrant visas and were offered covid extensions instead.  I guess that's the beauty of my local IO that they care that our foreign funds is spent locally.

Lucky U I wish my IO was as understanding. 

Great news for many as it now allows stays until May 25. Just wonder what they even mean by "being stricter" as Barrow reported. I hope they just give the extensions without hassle as up to now, because it would be very hard for anyone to claim they can't return to home country. I would understand asking for a flight ticket out but nothing more than that. Last time I extended it was just the same as any TR visa extension. Nothing asked nor any extra papers needed.

• Like 1

Got my passport back from my agent, happy to see no under consideration stamp this time and got the full 60 days. Asked if it would be possible to extend again near the end of March if needed and was told no problem. I wouldn't take that as a guarantee but it's good enough for me for now.

• Like 2