Sixty Day Covid 19 Extensions Order Extended To March 26

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The wording at the top of the attachment indicates they are talking about the current period

You may be right, but it isn't entirely clear.  I'd say the announcement is very poorly worded.  I imagine it will be clarified one way or another.

Edited by anymajordude

2 minutes ago, anymajordude said:

You may be right, but it isn't entirely clear.  I'd say the announcement is very poorly worded.  I imagine this will be clarified one way or another.

Suggest you might want to read this post regarding the 7 days

11 hours ago, vinny41 said:

In the case of tourists already in the country. At the end of the 60-day period for permission to stay in the Kingdom, this time they must leave the country.

That is not entirely correct.Those who entered visa exempt or on a tourist visa can still apply for a new extension until March 25th at this time. 

Those that entered with a non immigrant visa cannot apply for another extension now.

I have a friend that entered on a non-o visa who was told by immigration that his current extension that he got before January 25th will not be extended again (March 17th).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

so u are confirming ,,,,,,,if im on a covid extension at this moment from the last round that ended jan 25.  i get one last extension opportunity up until march 25 for one more 60 day extension we dont know for sure though until some bloke trys it,,,,,i suppose that will be fairly soon ,  as someone who is here currently on thier last extension will need to extend soon so i guess we gonna find out

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not entirely correct.Those who entered visa exempt or on a tourist visa can still apply for a new extension until March 25th at this time. 

Those that entered with a non immigrant visa cannot apply for another extension now.

I have a friend that entered on a non-o visa who was told by immigration that his current extension that he got before January 25th will not be extended again (March 17th).

even those that entered on a tourist visa and already got an extension?  or only those who have not got a covid extension yet?    from what the drift im getting says is that some of us who are here on tourist visas get one last shot for covid extension and that is until march 25,,,,,,,,,,even if we already are here on tourist visa with a covid extension as we speak now.  ?

11 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Each to their own Here is the last paragraph in the provided link

In the case of tourists already in the country. At the end of the 60-day period for permission to stay in the Kingdom, this time they must leave the country.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1486654670428782596

confused...........what u mean is the end of this new approval.  the permission to get a covid extension up until march 25.............so what u are saying is we have permisson to get the covid extension up until march 25 and after that approval period (may 25 ) we have to leave.  that all make sense as tourists generally leave by end of april and the long haulers remain.  but this time the thai govt. wants the long haulers out or on an appropriate visa.  

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

even those that entered on a tourist visa and already got an extension?  or only those who have not got a covid extension yet?    from what the drift im getting says is that some of us who are here on tourist visas get one last shot for covid extension and that is until march 25,,,,,,,,,,even if we already are here on tourist visa with a covid extension as we speak now.  ?

It does not matter if you have gotten a 60 day extension or not. If you have one now and entered the country visa exempt or on a tourist visa your can still apply for another one until March 25th at this time.

If they extend the order again in March you could get another one after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not matter if you have gotten a 60 day extension or not. If you have one now and entered the country visa exempt or on a tourist visa your can still apply for another one until March 25th at this time.

thanks i have to tell you this has been very stressfull for alot of people first just getting here. with the test and go or sandbox. i feel sorry for the people that coming now that have to pay for two pcr tests  2000 baht each???  and two nights in hotel.  the second hotel night seems so redundant its silly alot of people will look a the secont hotel night and says its just not worth it to come. why the second night hotel? only explaination is if the second test comes back positive the authorities know where to chase u down..........

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only thing we need to worry about now is what this "being stricter" this time means? What would be a good enough reason to get another covid extension. I just think there is no so called "serious reason" to stay except that you just want to because of the hight covid numbers back home. They should clarify this a bit. Not a nice surprise to have to arrange yourself out of the country within 7 days on March 25 if they just don't like your reasoning. I guess we'll start to get reports about this soon.  

25 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

The only thing we need to worry about now is what this "being stricter" this time means? What would be a good enough reason to get another covid extension.

That has been stated for every extension of the order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions. In reality it depends upon the office where you apply for the extension since they may want more proof for them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 10:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

That has been stated for every extension of the order for the 60 day covid 19 extensions. In reality it depends upon the office where you apply for the extension since they may want more proof for them.

@ubonjoedo you know which offices are still stamping just like they have the past year?