Farang Couple

We will be retiring to Thailand in less than 2 years. My husband will be 50 and be able to prove sufficient income. I will be 50, and without sufficient income. It seems to me that his income is supposed to allow for supporting a wife. What type of visa would be proper for me to get? What kind of visa do the wives of men who are sent to Thailand with big companies get that allows them to stay here for several years?

We will be retiring to Thailand in less than 2 years. My husband will be 50 and be able to prove sufficient income. I will be 50, and without sufficient income. It seems to me that his income is supposed to allow for supporting a wife. What type of visa would be proper for me to get? What kind of visa do the wives of men who are sent to Thailand with big companies get that allows them to stay here for several years?

RETIREES & THEIR SPOUSES:

Retirees who are married to a foreigner eg. Englishman married to say a Phillipino can apply for his "O" status non immigrant visa under the normal criteria of 800,000 baht or 65,000 baht coming in each month. However if he /she wants to include spouse on this Visa he/she must show evidence of marriage, e g marriage certificate.

Retirees who are married to a foreigner eg. Englishman married to say a Phillipino can apply for his "O" status non immigrant visa under the normal criteria of 800,000 baht or 65,000 baht coming in each month. However if he /she wants to include spouse on this Visa he/she must show evidence of marriage, e g marriage certificate.

Thank you, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! So the visa I was expecting to exist does exist. Now, please, what is this visa called and how does one apply for it? Obviously my husband will be getting his at the same time.