Foreigners in Thailand are stressed as conflicting reports state automatic Covid visa extension may be ending

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

As I said if the country ends that option of extension because it's no longer valid as it was created for then don't whine. Get the right visa and come back if you want to be here

Can't understand one bit of that comment. Well anything that makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can't understand one bit of that comment. Well anything that makes sense. 

8 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

When covid extensions stop I will leave, no complaints from me.

As far as a correct visa goes immigration have checked my paperwork, accepted my fee and stamped my passport. My extension of stay is just as 'correct' as yours or anyone else 

Then what's the issue with what I wrote? I said the same thing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

some are abusing the system to stay here when they don't qualify to

39 minutes ago, Dan O said:

As I said if the country ends that option of extension because it's no longer valid as it was created for then don't whine. Get the right visa and come back if you want to be here

If it is so easy to get home, as so many are so quick to point out, why would Thailand be renewing the process?  Is it that they are being hoodwinked by sneaky would be expats and have no idea how "easy" it is for people to get home?  Or are they renewing the covid extension with the fact of land borders being closed, and "border bouncers" having no other options, fully in mind?

Which one seems more likely?

• Like 2

If on your your 5th or 6th CV extension I'm sure its possible you'll get looked at sideways at some point from immigration as folks were with many visa exempt entries in a narrow time frame. Be ready to be told by immigration to buy a ticket home, or in my case years ago with many visa exempt entries ( working at the time ) "you need a Non O".....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Covid visa extension scheme was introduced at the start of the pandemic and was intended for foreigners who cannot leave Thailand due to canceled flights, border closures, and travel restrictions. 

But they did not give a sh*t about those of us who were trapped outside Thailand and our retirement visa expired before Thailand opened up its own boarders.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

i think the covid extension visa should require that one will have to show proof of vaccination.  i meet a lot of anti-vax expats here.

rumour is that u only get one covid extension.   but i humbly suggest two should be the maximum not one.  i need another month and then im happy to go contract covid in my home country

1 minute ago, yogi yogi said:

rumour is that u only get one covid extension.   but i humbly suggest two should be the maximum not one.  i need another month and then im happy to go contract covid in my home country

i also think it should be up to discretion of each immigration office and if you dont like one answer road trip around thailand to get the answer u want from another immigration office. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, 10baht said:

But they did not give a sh*t about those of us who were trapped outside Thailand and our retirement visa expired before Thailand opened up its own boarders.  

Yes, a valid extension of stay multiple entry on a Non O retirement - 800k plus sitting in their banks and not allowed to return, only O-A and STV, marriage and medical visa allowed,  I remember that frustrating time..........

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I think the Kiwis have a good reason for a further extension as Jacinda won't let them in. Anyone else can go home. If, as the article alleges, some haven't got the price of a ticket, that's not a good reason to legitimise their further stay in the country.

My understanding is that for US citizens the US embassy might arrange a loan for a ticket home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, userabcd said:

No need to be stressed. If they have no need to be in Thailand then its just a simple purchase of a flight ticket back to their home country where they will feel safe and not stressed.

Or go to Vietnam or Cambodia where they can be treated properly and cheaper “;0)

1 hour ago, Bim Smith said:

It's already been extended until 25th March. It may come with some restrictions yet to be confirmed. My wife says there is no mention of restrictions on this. 

20220126_075458.jpg

It states restrictions on Non-immigrant and Tourist on Arrival visas who will be unable to apply for Covid extension and that Immigration officers be stricter in their consideration of all

extensions, henceforth. Covid extensions available up to 25 March.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SteveWilts said:

It states restrictions on Non-immigrant and Tourist on Arrival visas who will be unable to apply for Covid extension and that Immigration officers be stricter in their consideration of all

extensions, henceforth. Covid extensions available up to 25 March.

Latest from entering EU.Thailand is NOT on that list.

Re-open EU.mhtml