Foreigners in Thailand are stressed as conflicting reports state automatic Covid visa extension may be ending

10 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

so under 3.  im reading that even if here on a tourist visa and a previous covid extension they are still giving them one more up until march 25. but bring proof of an exit ticket this time. 

Stop with the ..."I'm reading....."

Just quote facts.

As for the outbound flight....there were some reports from CW to that effect.

In similar way there were reports from Hua Hin folk being asked to provide embassy letter. All prior to Jan 25.

BTW how do you know they are giving them only one more??

You stated this....

".....they are still giving them one more up until march 25. but bring proof of an exit ticket this time."

Your just grabbing gossip from the clouds.

Suggest folk should keep an eye on reports regarding actual accounts of obtaining covid extensions over coming weeks..

At all costs avoid Facebook.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Suggest folk should keep an eye on reports regarding actual accounts of obtaining covid extensions over coming weeks..

At all costs avoid Facebook.

I agree. I'd even take any early reports now with a grain of salt, there are trolls, even established members, who will make up fake denials to scare people depending on covid extensions or people saying they were denied but not giving the full story. There are immigration officers who will take the order to mean whatever best fits their agenda.

Things can also change the closer we get to the end of March. How well this new Test&Go goes might also have an effect on how strictly these new stipulations about who can and can't get covid extensions are enforced. Best to just wait and see but if you're depending on them, doesn't hurt to prepare to be leaving to another country just incase.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 2