Thailand Expects Endemic COVID-19

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Unless some new variant emerges.

Meanwhile, in many other countries, the infections have peaked, but remain at a very high level, and daily death counts are rising. 

This is about Thailand, not about various other countries. An endemic essential means ban uncontrolled travel from overseas. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RichardL said:

There's also been a higher incidence of people in hospital 'with' covid, rather than because of it, and the same would be true of deaths.

...there has to come a point where Thailand, and the world in general, realises it needs to treat it in the way it does with other viruses with similar mortality rates. Once a handful of major countries take that step, the rest will follow.

The first part is a bit wrong. That has actually been the case from day 1, but only now it is being kind of admitted by some governments and media. 

As for the 2nd part - I hope this day will come soon...

4 hours ago, riverhigh said:

So what does this mean in layman's terms when covid gets reclassified as an endemic? Does this mean we get back to normal life? Does this mean less nighlife restrictions? Does this mean less travel requirements? I think this article would be more informative if they explained what happens to our lives when Covid gets reclassifies as endemic. Very frustrating. 

If there were anything like journalism left in this world, answers to those questions would take up 2/3 of the "article" space. But unfortunately, what generally gets served is regurgitated regurgitates in order to generate ad views/clicks.

Edited by AsiaCheese
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, globalspark said:

Policies on run same as Australia hence no confidence in anybody in Government positions. Probably would be easy for these clowns to keep their mouths shut and make statements when they have all the facts.

Most cases in Australia seem to be   mild like flues and double vaccinated are still catching the virus. Makes we wonder  is the virus fading out or is the vaccination working?

I am double vaccinated  only because I want to travel  and knew that would be impossible without the vaccine.I am seeing people with double vaccine plus a booster  still catching the virus.

The fact of the matter it does not matter if  the fool is from Thailand or Timbucktoo they have no idea what to do.

I personally know 4 people in the U.S., had 2 vaccines and a booster, and who came down with the virus.  I got the same shots and it was only to come home after 21 months of not being with my wife and little one in Thailand.  So far no issues, but we don't socialize with anyone on a regular basis so that probably helps.  I am still very skeptical about this whole issue and I am not blaming any country in particular on the handling of this issue. Think I'll stop there....

7 hours ago, RichardL said:

Omicron seems to spread very rapidly, but spreads more rapidly in major cities, so what appears to be happening is cities are peaking and falling, but the spread to other areas is slower.

There's also been a higher incidence of people in hospital 'with' covid, rather than because of it, and the same would be true of deaths.

As the virus weakens, as these things tend to do, there has to come a point where Thailand, and the world in general, realises it needs to treat it in the way it does with other viruses with similar mortality rates. Once a handful of major countries take that step, the rest will follow.

Agree in principle - but even in UK which is probably one of the furthest into the process you describe, it is going to be a long time before Corona can be tested most like any other virus. Hospitalisation and death rates here are still one order of magnitude higher than flu.

8 minutes ago, Millcx said:

Who?

Actually, at the beginning of the story, some 2 years ago, it was WHO who said repeatedly it's not really a pandemic when others had been already spreading the word.  Only after some time, the WHO had slowly changed their song... 

8 hours ago, rabang said:

Death counts are rising because the virus is so widespread and there are many people in hospitals dying from other causes but having tested positive they can be recorded as covid deaths.

That ignores reality. 

In most countries, the primary cause of death is what is noted on the death certificate. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

In most countries, the primary cause of death is what is noted on the death certificate. 

Correct, however it is very efficient and convenient to write Covid on a death certificate than another cause which may involve the cost of autopsy and possible litigation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Unless some new variant emerges.

Meanwhile, in many other countries, the infections have peaked, but remain at a very high level, and daily death counts are rising. 

The most vaccinated countries have the highest rate of spread, it is peaking in most countries and now, it is proven to provide immunity to delta ,Omicrom makes antibodies to delta  but delta does not provide antibodies to omicron, wow, what a discovery so now all you millions of alert listeners will explore this to see if it's true or false, I do not have the link to this as I have watched so many links provided by the CDC, ZOE , WHO and more you will have to do you own research, up to you! they say in LOS lingo

11 hours ago, RichardL said:

Omicron seems to spread very rapidly, but spreads more rapidly in major cities, so what appears to be happening is cities are peaking and falling, but the spread to other areas is slower.

As the virus weakens, as these things tend to do, there has to come a point where Thailand, and the world in general, realises it needs to treat it in the way it does with other viruses with similar mortality rates. Once a handful of major countries take that step, the rest will follow.

Denmark, UK?....

35 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

Correct, however it is very efficient and convenient to write Covid on a death certificate than another cause which may involve the cost of autopsy and possible litigation.

You really believe that coroners are lying about Covid to save some time?

it’s pretty clear you are not well informed about Covid. If you disagree, please explain why excess mortality numbers indicate that Covid deaths are significantly undercounted in most countries. Your internet friends haven’t told you about that, so you probably can’t answer.

18 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The most vaccinated countries have the highest rate of spread, it is peaking in most countries and now, it is proven to provide immunity to delta ,Omicrom makes antibodies to delta  but delta does not provide antibodies to omicron, wow, what a discovery so now all you millions of alert listeners will explore this to see if it's true or false, I do not have the link to this as I have watched so many links provided by the CDC, ZOE , WHO and more you will have to do you own research, up to you! they say in LOS lingo

The most vaccinated countries tend to test the most.

Its very odd that if a country doesn’t test much, it’s’ infection numbers are lower.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Denmark infection numbers are still spiking after a month. The UK has stabilized, but a very high number.

There is a good possibility that the death toll for these countries will climb, with unpleasant results.

I was responding  to:

'Once a handful of major countries take that step, the rest will follow. '

UK, Denmark...

12 hours ago, RichardL said:

I was listening to a BBC news broadcast yesterday and they gave the usual daily update on UK Covid infections and deaths. But for the first time ever (that I've heard) they added the caveat "but not all these deaths were caused by Covid"

I hope it's a sign the mainstream media are starting to scale down the fear mongering. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Denmark infection numbers are still spiking after a month. The UK has stabilized, but a very high number.

There is a good possibility that the death toll for these countries will climb, with unpleasant results.

You say: "There is a good possibility that the death toll for these countries will climb, with unpleasant results."

Can I ask what you're basing this assumption on? Most experts are now agreed that the Omicron variant is much less virulent.

Latest (7 day) Covid numbers for the UK say:

Positive tests 2.2% down

Hospitalisations 15.3% down

Deaths 1.1% down

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

What makes you think the death toll will climb? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You really believe that coroners are lying about Covid to save some time?

Who said anything about coroners?

They do not enter the picture unless there are reasons for autopsy.

It's the Hospital doctors who fill in the death certificate 

Maybe it is you who needs further education about Covid, and reading your later reply about low count I believe you need it..

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I was listening to a BBC news broadcast yesterday and they gave the usual daily update on UK Covid infections and deaths. But for the first time ever (that I've heard) they added the caveat "but not all these deaths were caused by Covid"

I hope it's a sign the mainstream media are starting to scale down the fear mongering. 

The overnight reports in the UK list anyone who dies within 28 days of testing positive. The official reports list the actual deaths from Covid. 

So, the official numbers may be slightly lower than the overnight numbers. 

37 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

Who said anything about coroners?

They do not enter the picture unless there are reasons for autopsy.

It's the Hospital doctors who fill in the death certificate 

Maybe it is you who needs further education about Covid, and reading your later reply about low count I believe you need it..

It sounds like you don't know much about how a death certificate is created. 

Everyone else knows, so now you are embarrassing yourself. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Yeah now you're saying that after it was proven to the case.

At least in the US our president said basically "if you take these vaccines you won't get covid". The fact checking shills have all done their damage control but at the time people actually believe it and got vaccinated for this reason.

Which president made that statement , got a link ?

To the best of my knowledge the only people claiming that vaccines prevent infection , are anti vaxers who are attempting to discredit the process.

From the very start it has been made very clear that vaccination is designed to protect against serious illness , hospitalisation and death.

In this respect they have worked admirably , sheer ignorance to suggest otherwise.