Price for an ED VISA

Hello everyone,????

I have a question about the price of an ED visa, I apologize if the question has already been asked.

I arrived in Thailand a short time ago (visa exemption) and I contacted a school that offered me a one-year ED visa for 32.000 baht (20.000 for the courses and 12.000 for immigration to change my visa).
What I don't understand is why I have to pay 12,000 to change my visa when I don't have a visa yet? Is this school trying to take too much money from me or is it normal to pay this when you get a new visa (without having one before)?

Second question: Will there be any difference or problem if I get a 60 day covid extension between my visa exemption and this ED visa?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me!????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1ricardsvp said:

Second question: Will there be any difference or problem if I get a 60 day covid extension between my visa exemption and this ED visa?

No. 

You need to obtain standard 30 day extension first.

After that you can obtain covid extension.

The prices you mention for Ed visa is going rate. 

Normally would do from outside of Thailand.

How long do you hope to remain in Thailand? 

• Like 1

The problem with entering visa exempt or with a tourist visa is changing to a non-ed visa if attending a informal school (such as a language one) is not on the list to do the change. Only those attending a formal (university) school is listed.

The extra fee is to arrange the approval of the visa application.

• Like 2

They're not scamming you, this is the normal price, even a bit lower than some other quotes I've seen. They will also need to do the 90 day reports for you I think which the schools usually charge 5k each time for if I remember right. Unless you want to risk doing it yourself and having your Thai language skills possibly tested.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

They will also need to do the 90 day reports for you I think which the schools usually charge 5k each time for if I remember right.

That is a 90 day extension you are writing about not a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country that is free.

25 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

They're not scamming you, this is the normal price, even a bit lower than some other quotes I've seen. They will also need to do the 90 day reports for you I think which the schools usually charge 5k each time for if I remember right. Unless you want to risk doing it yourself and having your Thai language skills possibly tested.

"Unless you want to risk doing it yourself and having your Thai language skills possibly tested. "

In 2009 i got a E.D. multiple entry visa at my home country from Thai consulate  , that was a multiple entry one ..... so i did not have to deal with Jomtien immigration , and so also not a language testing from I.O. (as  some got ...) ,as i needed to do border runs and at the border they don't trouble themselves with that .

The price for the school only was that time 25000 baht i paid , (school at corner Pattaya klang/cetral rd. ) just beside that Carrefour extra (now BigC extra)

Edited by david555

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

"Unless you want to risk doing it yourself and having your Thai language skills possibly tested. "

In 2009 i got a E.D. multiple entry visa at my home country from Thai consulate  , that was a multiple entry one ..... so i did not have to deal with Jomtien immigration , and so also not a language testing from I.O. (as  some got ...) ,as i needed to do border runs and at the border they don't trouble themselves with that .

The price for the school only was that time 25000 baht i paid , (school at corner Pattaya klang/cetral rd. ) just beside that Carrefour extra (now BigC extra)

Pro Language School Pattaya? Yes, I highly recommend them.

6 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Pro Language School Pattaya? Yes, I highly recommend them.

yes , but i thought they stopped now , ..... at least at that location....? as i passed there lately , might be then closed because covid 

There was also one other just opposite that  Carrefour across central rd.

that seemed to be better one as it did not teaches as stepping in a treadmill ...... as Pro L.  repeated and repeated  no matter when you stepped in the "mill" pure commercial i found ..... just missing a "cheer girls band  outfit " ????

Edited by david555

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

yes , but i thought they stopped now , ..... at least at that location....? as i passed there lately , might be then closed because covid 

There was also one other just opposite that  Carrefour across central rd.

that seemed to be better one as it did not teaches as stepping in a treadmill ...... as Pro L.  repeated and repeated  no matter when you stepped in the "mill" pure commercial i found ..... just missing a "cheer girls band  outfit " ????

It's possible they have closed now, I haven't been down there in awhile. I know they have other locations around Thailand.

• Like 1