Video: Carnage in downtown Bangkok - Merc Benz goes through red light - two cars overturn

webfact

14 hours ago, BestB said:

Benz had right of way, Honda turning . Even if it’s half an inch out of the lane waiting to turn it’s already technically breaking the rules 

Did you actually read the OP. How can the merc have right of way when it runs a red light. I'd hate to see how you drive and how many lives you endanger if you ignore red lights like the merc did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Jeez, hold the press! Someone in a Mercedes felt they were entitled to run a red light, because they’re infinitely more important than everybody else. Yawn, happens tens (hundreds?) of thousands of times a day in Thailand, only this time it went spectacularly wrong.
Hope the driver of the Honda is okay. The driver of the Merc needs an attitude adjustment, I’d be happy to provide that for him/her. 

Hopefully, the embarrassment and loss of face at being caught on camera not being able to drive their hi-so car properly will haunt them forever. ????

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe to see if its safe to do so, and who drives into a driveway at speed.

It's not just driveways, it's turning off a major road to a smaller soi, all the while impeding traffic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

It was a RED light. You can see a motor bike stopped at the lights, just before the crash.

The Honda was not crossing traffic per say, it would have had a green arrow to turn right, and the Merc drove straight through a red light at speed.

And I'll bet the Honda driver was still looking at the phone while turning like a retard. Doesn't excuse the MB for running the light.

• Sad 2

On 1/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, edwinchester said:

After watching the video I come to the conclusion that both drivers are morons.

No just standard untrained Thai drivers, like lambs to the slaughter, all falls back to Government irresponsibility

20 hours ago, kohlenkutscher said:

It's common knowledge (also in Europe) that Mercedes and Toyota Fortuner drivers think they're paying for built-in right-of-way when they buy a car????

I hate generalizations like this. Some of the most reckless drivers I've seen here drive small cars or old, banged up pickups. Yes, some luxury car drivers can be arrogant and reckless too, as we have seen many times, but being arrogant, ignorant, reckless and a bad drive does not depend on the vehicle we drive. 

3 hours ago, djayz said:

I hate generalizations like this. Some of the most reckless drivers I've seen here drive small cars or old, banged up pickups. Yes, some luxury car drivers can be arrogant and reckless too, as we have seen many times, but being arrogant, ignorant, reckless and a bad drive does not depend on the vehicle we drive. 

A@#hole Fortuner drivers are being replaced with MG drivers. It doesn't depend on the vehicle, but a certain sort of dicks gravitate towards certain vehicles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

A@#hole Fortuner drivers are being replaced with MG drivers. It doesn't depend on the vehicle, but a certain sort of dicks gravitate towards certain vehicles.

Any statistics to back that up?