its not thailand but information is that phillipines is opening to tourists on feb 10

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

All the Visa exempt countries including the UK and U.S. are on the entry list.  48 hour negative PCR prior to arrival,  that's it.

I would go but the issue still would be coming back here.

Bkk 6060 Well stated indeed and yes my Thai wife mentioned this and I knew about this and yes run the risk of being stranded in old Blighty and no thanks and they may be covered for Covit 19 but I am not.
I just do not understand why we and we provide the majority of funds and get them properties and look after them with food etc on the table  but after several attempts can not get on their family medical policy.
I am not complaining but these are the facts.
Perhaps get a discounted one LOL by going to the same company as my Thai family.
Very unfair practice but not likely to be changed in the near future and yeah another avenue for funds for them.

Saying this a couple of years ago and spent 3 or 4 nights at a local Government hospital and TBF they looked after me so well and the cost was very reasonable and at first booked me in with my Thai resident card but on paying the bill it was a mistake, despite my dear wife has sisters and other family working there.

Edited by jwest10

Its still a proposal! But nice if happening, coz i need visit in Phil

No, it's official announced! But be aware that many restrictions will be still in place. Swimming pools restricted open, same as health centers. You have to wear a mask. Bars and nightclubs closed. 

On 1/28/2022 at 2:55 PM, bkk6060 said:

All the Visa exempt countries including the UK and U.S. are on the entry list.  48 hour negative PCR prior to arrival,  that's it.

I would go but the issue still would be coming back here.

You forgot to mention that you have to be fully vaccinated. 

6 hours ago, biggles45 said:

Yes, it's official and, unlike Thailand they REALLY are open to Vacc visitors. No quarantine just PCR test

One PCR test before departure and that's it.  The way it should be.  Making tourists test 3 times is just silly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thecyclist said:

You forgot to mention that you have to be fully vaccinated. 

i think we can take it for granted that anyone wishing to travel widely in the near to middle future is going to have to be vaccinated. the thai's have it right; up to you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, natway09 said:

No direct flights to Clarke anymore (even before Covid) for some reason but bars still closed so forget me & not sure what hassles would  get on return

Facebook groups in Angeles are reporting bars are  open in Walking street.  And have been for several months. Plenty of ladies available to look after you.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

i think we can take it for granted that anyone wishing to travel widely in the near to middle future is going to have to be vaccinated. the thai's have it right; up to you.

croatia this summer is making me get a third as your last shot has to be within one year to enter...........so i have to get boosted.  pay to play.