Country Ready to Resume Test & Go Entry on Feb 1

snoop1130

On 1/29/2022 at 6:52 AM, meechai said:

They should follow the world & at most require covid test before leaving your country...NO test on arrival...NO Quarantine

We are not in a rush to return & will wait till that is the norm

Thailand is amongst the most progressive countries in Asia by even accepting foreign tourists at all.

You'll be waiting quite some time, I imagine. Thailand needs to keep the trust of ASEAN and East Asian countries in being cautious and maintaining some form of control. Or at least the perception of that, since that's where the real tourism business will come from.

3 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Thailand is amongst the most progressive countries in Asia by even accepting foreign tourists at all.

You'll be waiting quite some time, I imagine. Thailand needs to keep the trust of ASEAN and East Asian countries in being cautious and maintaining some form of control. Or at least the perception of that, since that's where the real tourism business will come from.

Really??? Singapore's current arrangement excerpt:

The following measures are applicable for VTL (Air) travellers entering Singapore from 23 January 2022, 2359hrs (SGT):

1. All travellers will only be required to undergo daily unsupervised self-administered ARTs from Day 2 to Day 7 of their arrival if they need to leave their place of accommodation, in addition to fulfilling pre-departure and on-arrival testing requirements.
  2. Those who test positive on the unsupervised self-administered ARTs no longer need to undergo a confirmatory PCR test but should instead abide by the relevant COVID-19 recovery protocol.

Full description  https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/requirements-and-process

Makes Thailand's Test and Go mark 2 seem draconian to me.

Cheers

On 1/29/2022 at 5:28 PM, Sheryl said:

For me, the confinement to the room is not the main issue with quarantine (and I've done 14 days).  It is the time and the money and the places I can't otherwise be....like my home.

You are locked in a room for 40 % of the time (2 out of 5 days).

but yes, for someone for whom the confinement aspect is a big problem, it would be somewhat better.

I agree that this is far from ideal and inconvenient.

But your reasoning is overly pessimistic. When I did T&G in November (1 night) the hotel said I could leave as soon as the result came in, so in principle one has to spend about 6 hours, not 24 as you assume. Depending on which time of the day you test, this might actually give some use of the day. And you could spend the night at your home, if in the same city.

Still inconvenient (and expensive), l know.  Let's hope with time they turn the PCR into ATK, which is now accepted on arrival eg in Cambodia.

Edited by arithai12

10 hours ago, Litlos said:

Really??? Singapore's current arrangement excerpt:

The following measures are applicable for VTL (Air) travellers entering Singapore from 23 January 2022, 2359hrs (SGT):

1. All travellers will only be required to undergo daily unsupervised self-administered ARTs from Day 2 to Day 7 of their arrival if they need to leave their place of accommodation, in addition to fulfilling pre-departure and on-arrival testing requirements.
  2. Those who test positive on the unsupervised self-administered ARTs no longer need to undergo a confirmatory PCR test but should instead abide by the relevant COVID-19 recovery protocol.

Full description  https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/requirements-and-process

Makes Thailand's Test and Go mark 2 seem draconian to me.

Cheers

You conveniently forget that at the moment most non-Singaporeans are barred from entering at all. Check here https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/arriving/overview#selfhelptool

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Agree but I think more than a few weeks. It will look good initially because due to delay in launching the system there will initially be a surge in applications (more than Thailand Pass can handle -- doesn't take much to crash that site) so we can probably expect initial triumphant reports. It will then decline and eventually they will see that it is not getting many tourists in

Aside from it's availability, The TP site doesn't do security either, as it's been hacked - I just got an almost authentic looking email asking me to 'modify my information'. It redirects to a site that asks users to click a 'modify' button that would instead download a file - a malware script. When going to the TP site now, there is a popup warning against the malware download.

It's all a bit slack, along with my email address, the hackers will now have a copy of my passport, hotel arrangements, etc.

7 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You conveniently forget that at the moment most non-Singaporeans are barred from entering at all. Check here https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/arriving/overview#selfhelptool

I am non Singaporean and there is no such rule, maybe you need to learn how to use or interpret an online guide correctly?

Travelling from Thailand as a short term visitor AKA tourist the results are:

"If you are departing from Thailand, you can use the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) to enter Singapore without quarantine, but with mandatory regular testing. Accompanied unvaccinated children aged 12 and below are also allowed to use the VTL. Conditions apply. Please refer to this link for more details."

Cheers