Animal Army announces second recent confirmed case of rabies in a stray dog in Banglamung

webfact

1. The full report notes:

"Banglamung Hospital or Muang Pattaya Hospital, treatment is free of charge."

- good to know (or is that for Thais only?), as I'd heard that the usual course of treatment can cost thousands.

2. About time stray dogs in tourist-frequented areas were eliminated (whereas Thais grow up with them, and have the skills to deal with them, tourists mostly have no such skills).

3. I wonder if dogs can carry covid. Just saying.

• Haha 1

Why would tourists visit a place literally swarming with stray dogs some of which can kill? 

I read somewhere that owners were financially liable for damage/medical expenses caused by their pet; anyone asked Pattaya Plod to prosecute?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Why would tourists visit a place literally swarming with stray dogs some of which can kill? 

I read somewhere that owners were financially liable for damage/medical expenses caused by their pet; anyone asked Pattaya Plod to prosecute?

Presumably for some of the same reasons you chose to live here. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, law ling said:

1. The full report notes:

"Banglamung Hospital or Muang Pattaya Hospital, treatment is free of charge."

- good to know (or is that for Thais only?), as I'd heard that the usual course of treatment can cost thousands.

2. About time stray dogs in tourist-frequented areas were eliminated (whereas Thais grow up with them, and have the skills to deal with them, tourists mostly have no such skills).

3. I wonder if dogs can carry covid. Just saying.

Hamsters and Tigers can

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Tragically a second rabies case has been confirmed, the 4 month old female puppy was from The Lake Huay Yai, Bang Lamung. The victim has five siblings, who have been collected and are in the Animal Army Hospital’s new quarantine facility.

Just to be clear-the victim and siblings referred to here are puppies?

• Haha 1

"The following is an alert from the Animal Army Facebook page on social media. Their opinions and statements are entirely their own."

This place is miles from anywhere,understaffed and obv wanted to be noticed....I do not believe any of it   Rabies does not follow a pattern as suggested,up to you how you react ,I would not be going into panic mode from this statement

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, kinyara said:

Presumably for some of the same reasons you chose to live here. 

My son has a business in Bangkok. I came to live with him 17 years ago. After 60+ years in the north of England, I was looking for warmth. The girls were easy on the eye too.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, p414 said:

There are many packs of strays near my home..I see a few people armed with large bags of food doing the rounds on motorbikes plus a coupe of pickups ..Daily feeding these packs.

what a stupid idea .....  so they are in effect helping the packs to breed and become larger and more dangerous.

what kind of stupid mentality is that ...  ?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Alive similar to the walking dead, thai people dump dogs in the middle of nowhere so they don't have to feed them

How many Thais gathered  up how many dogs on the day you  claim to have seen them? Was it one Thai with several dogs or many Thais with single dogs? Why didn't the dogs  runaway and disperse? Did you  ACTUALLY SEE the dogs being 'dumped'?

We're you near a temple? In the west people dump their dogs near  motorways but in Thailand tend to drop them off in Temples and monasteries? Your story does not add  up. I think you just came across a 'pack' of dogs and made the rest up..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

How many Thais gathered  up how many dogs on the day you  claim to have seen them? Was it one Thai with several dogs or many Thais with single dogs? Why didn't the dogs  runaway and disperse? Did you  ACTUALLY SEE the dogs being 'dumped'?

We're you near a temple? In the west people dump their dogs near  motorways but in Thailand tend to drop them off in Temples and monasteries? Your story does not add  up. I think you just came across a 'pack' of dogs and made the rest up..

you're in denial again, get out of the bar, get out in the countryside and open your eyes

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you're in denial again, get out of the bar, get out in the countryside and open your eyes

Calm down! You saw nothing. You did not see anybody dumping dogs. You saw a pack of dogs. You made up a story. I asked you two simple questions to add veracity  to your story. You answered  neither. FYI Dogs gather in groups called 'packs'. That is what you came  across. Such packs interbreed and the group gets larger and sometimes they rest and sleep, often near roads. Don't worry about it. It's no big deal

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, Bluespunk said:

Just to be clear-the victim and siblings referred to here are puppies?

Yep, that's Farang dogidiot wording. "Save the dogs" is one of many avenues used by some western characters to stay in Thailand. They might even create a Non-O DI visa category one of these days.

• Haha 2