Anutin latest: Bigs up nation in making comparisons with USA - comments on "endemic" status in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, DrMJA said:

Hey make believe dOCTOR,  

First, you be should be thanking America for the Donation  of 15 million Pfiza doses!

Second, there are 334 million Americans and 537 million  doses given with a population of 211 million fully vaccinated.

That’s 63.9% of the country.

Thailand, 1 dose 51 million most with the Chinese SinoVac (555). Then 47.9 million fully vaccinated. Oh yea and only 70 million in the Thai population. 
wake up Alpha Hotel.

Okay, ANUTIN, I love you long time.

Jup-Jup Dirty Farang

kisses 

You inflated the number of donated vaccines tenfold, 1.5 million Pfizer vaccines were donated, many distributed to expats. Thailand administered almost 115 million vaccines, the donated Pfizer vaccines are below 2% .

6 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Zero testing = Zero covid is working well as a national policy. 

Todays details from Australia (like so many comment it is just an island )

NSW: 13,354 new cases, 2,693 people in hospital, 186 in ICU, 49 deaths.

VIC: 12,250 new cases, 953 people in hospital, 114 in ICU, 31 deaths.

TAS: 683 new cases, 17 people in hospital.

SA: 1,740 new cases, 283 people in hospital, 29 in ICU, five deaths.

ACT: 620 new cases, 61 people in hospital, five in ICU. 

QLD: 10,391 new cases, 833 people in hospital, 53 in ICU, 12 deaths.

NT: 828 new cases, 111 people in hospital, 5 in ICU.

WA: 23 new cases,1 person in hospital.  

Australias population 25.6 million Thailands population 68 million and just 8000 infections

And yes the pope is catholic.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Australias population 25.6 million Thailands population 68 million and just 8000 infections

Who cares about the cases...deaths are important. Now tell me you see from the satellite photos the crematoriums in Surat Thani are working 24 hours, city can be seen from smoke, and AIS unexpectedly lost 2 million customers ????

12 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

How many deaths were vaccinated 

Well, ¼th of the US population is retired, ¼th of the population is massively obese - that would be 1/16th of the entire US population in high risk brackets ....... possibly even more if some people end up in both categories - just saying! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Yeah, it's called Freedom of speech and pursuit of happiness both of which general Thai civilians have never enjoyed. Btw, all vaccines and therapies are developed in the west for this pandemic as well so not sure if you want to be so proud of Fah Talai jone.

I wish this forum had a Golden Quote Board.  I'd pin this on top with a star.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tonypandy said:

How many deaths were vaccinated 

Almost zero? 

Prove me wrong, but haven't seen any news reports of anyone dying who's been fully vaccinated. 

Hospitalized, yes. 

Breakthrough, yes.

But dying?

No. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Yeah, it's called Freedom of speech and pursuit of happiness both of which general Thai civilians have never enjoyed. Btw, all vaccines and therapies are developed in the west for this pandemic as well so not sure if you want to be so proud of Fah Talai jone.

freedom of speech is factual, measurable. happiness is abstract, relative, subjective; many thai people are very happy and thailand generally rates highly in polls of nations with 'happy' populations.

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

Who cares about the cases...deaths are important. Now tell me you see from the satellite photos the crematoriums in Surat Thani are working 24 hours, city can be seen from smoke, and AIS unexpectedly lost 2 million customers ????

Unfortunately, the Thai government care about cases.

Otherwise why don't they open the borders?

The population depending on that 12 to 20% of GDP is just getting further and further into debt.

Children not being allowed to play with each other in their playgrounds because of the authorities paranoid mindset.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1248401-thai-schools-advised-to-suspend-group-activities-to-prevent-covid-19-infections/

Hysterically funny, don't you think?

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ya, strangely enough, just about the same share as in Thailand -- about one-third of the population in each country has NOT been fully vaccinated, meaning two doses.

But at least, the U.S. has plenty of more effective mRNA vaccine doses for its population that wants them.

And isn't,  like Thailand, having to beg for donated mRNA doses and use them to re-vaccinate people who it gave less effective vaccine doses to in the first place.

And...the US isn't trying to ram Sinocrap down everyone's throat.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gearbox said:

count the deaths and then count Thailands

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Almost zero? 

Prove me wrong, but haven't seen any news reports of anyone dying who's been fully vaccinated. 

Hospitalized, yes. 

Breakthrough, yes.

But dying?

No. ????

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/omicron-has-caused-higher-increase-in-u-s-daily-death-count-than-delta-variant

31 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

count the deaths and then count Thailands

Some people think poverty robs people of their lives and livelihoods.

Thailand has left large parts of their citizens in debt and poverty.

No government support.

It's disgusting.

Thailand has failed on every available metric.

Their figures are laughable but yet people still fall for them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Some people think poverty robs people of their lives and livelihoods.

Thailand has left large parts of their citizens in debt and poverty.

No government support.

It's disgusting.

Thailand has failed on every available metric.

Their figures are laughable but yet people still fall for them.

just had a message from a friend who is double vaccinated and has omicron and hanging on to life

19 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

just had a message from a friend who is double vaccinated and has omicron and hanging on to life

Hope he's ok .

Seems strange to be phoning people if your seriously ill.

Difficult to always validate stories on an internet forum.

Did he not get a booster?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59840524

88% of stopping hospitalisation.

Don't know of anyone who's got seriously ill from omicron.

Most boosted people get symptoms of a bad cold.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

Just came back to the US a few days ago. Was in South America and Mexico for 6 months. There everyone wore masks and hand sanitizer was in every store. Very clean and sanitary.

Today went to Home Depot in San Antonio , no hand sanitizer , about half were not wearing masks. It was a covid outbreak waiting to happen. I felt much safer in South America. 

No wonder the idiots here are getting sic. 

• Like 1

My Thai family have told me that in Thailand there are crazy people, stupid people, and even some idiots,

but they did not know too many Thai red necks. They all have been to the USA and visited, California, Nevada, and Arizona

and have seen several people that they thought were red necks though, and I agreed with them as I was on the same tour.

America seems to be still number one with COVID 19 in so many terrible ways, and Donald Trump did not help the

situation with the way he handled it.  With the people in the USA who are still dying, I can only assume that not all deaths were

from omicron, but likely still a lot from delta. I am no Anutin fan, but he does have a point in his versus story.

• Like 2

My Thai family also had to wait a lot longer to finally get their 2 shots of Moderna, after they

had 1 shot of sinovax or what ever the Chinese blend was.  Everyone in my Thai family have gotten

their shots, and only 4 of my Canadian relatives are anti vaxxers who have to stay in Canada for now.

I hope that flying international will keep the vaccine requirement for a long time.

• Like 1

I spent January - May 2020 in Thailand and May 2020 through the present in the US. Both countries did well in some ways, and both did poorly in others. Here's my assessment. 

Stage 1 January through March 2020. Thailand officially denied there was a problem while assuring the public that "our Chinese friends" should still be welcomed. The public wasn't buying it and I witnessed several establishments banning Chinese tourists, while masks became impossible to find.

In the US the scientific community researched the problem, shared information, and began development of vaccines while the government debated an official response. Advantage US.

Stage 2 March through December 2020. The US turned the response into a political football, with both parties working to leverage the pandemic to their advantage in the upcoming election. So policies changed by the minute and by the state and city.

Meanwhile, Thailand finally acknowledged that there was a problem and did a very good job locking down to reduce the spread, in anticipation of vaccines. Advantage Thailand. 

Stage 3 January - September 2021. Vaccines became available and the US did a good job of making them available to whomever wanted one. 

Meanwhile it became obvious that the primary goal of the Thai governments vaccine program was for a select few to earn a profit. The Thai FDA drug its feet approving mRNA vaccines. It became obvious that Thailand not joining COVAX was a stupid mistake, as was relying on a politically connected inexperienced vaccine maker for the bulk of the vaccine supply. The fallback position was to overpay for the vaccines no one else wanted from China. And in a monumentally stupid, greedy and selfish move, the Thai government refused to allow private hospitals to receive mRNA vaccines they had on order. 

Advantage US, to the extent that the Thai wife and I packed our bags and headed to the US to get vaccinated. 

Stage 4 October 2021 through present. At this point I think it's fair to say that almost anyone who wants to be vaccined in Thailand or the US has been. Thailand brags of a low infection rate, but with the threat of forced quarantine and loss of income, it's pretty obvious that a large portion of residents avoid testing. The opposite is true in the US where to many an infection means a paid holiday. The US (and other western nations) have been far more transparent with all statistics related to COVID, which works against them in comparisons with non transparent governments. It has been stated by many that COVID is now so widespread that everyone worldwide will eventually be exposed to it. So I don't see any point in continuing lockdowns which destroy so many livelihoods unless infections are overwhelming hospitals. Vaccines seem to minimize the risk of a serious outcome, but don't seem to prevent the spread. So while I'm fully vaccined it doesn't bother me that some around me are not. This realization seems to be dawning on the Thai government who are creeping towards reducing lockdowns, but I prefer the less restrictive environment in the US at this point in time. Advantage US.

With all that we'll probably arrive in Thailand next month, mainly due to the cold weather and the wife's desire to visit Thai family. 

Thailand had some good moments and made some good decisions, but I don't think they have much to brag about. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RandiRona said:

And, maybe, better and more truthful statistic reporting?

• Thanks 1

maybe he should consider those who still haven't been vaccinated due to a lack of access to local mobile vaccine centres - if you want the public to comply make it very easy for them to co-operate

- i need to travel which requires at least a 5 hour round trip plus the long wait to receive the jab and this when i have problems walking any distance and can't afford expensive door to door taxi services - result i am not vaccinated

what happened to  the mobile centres - none here in sattahip and farangs are refused here and told to go to pattaya - the government assumes all farang live in tourist centres - well they son't

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, malibukid said:

America is seriously deleted up now.  Santa Monica where i grew up looks like New Delhi now with all the homelessness.  America is doing a great job.  unrecognizable now to how i remember it.  self entitled twits looking to infect others.

Agree with most of your assessments but Calif. hardly represents or reflects Americana in any shape or form. It can break away, literally or metaphorically, anytime and the union will be better off.

• Like 2