Anutin latest: Bigs up nation in making comparisons with USA - comments on "endemic" status in Thailand

webfact

14 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Yup Red states are the prime example of that …un vaxed /un masked / most hospitalized with deaths. Thank the former President for that

Do you have evidence for this?  The last time I looked there was no difference between the likes of California and Florida.  

39 minutes ago, JGV said:

maybe he should consider those who still haven't been vaccinated due to a lack of access to local mobile vaccine centres - if you want the public to comply make it very easy for them to co-operate

- i need to travel which requires at least a 5 hour round trip plus the long wait to receive the jab and this when i have problems walking any distance and can't afford expensive door to door taxi services - result i am not vaccinated

what happened to  the mobile centres - none here in sattahip and farangs are refused here and told to go to pattaya - the government assumes all farang live in tourist centres - well they son't

Pattaya Bangkok Hospital has been giving free Phizers for many months now. You really don't have a legitimate excuse for no vaxx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, stephenterry said:

What he's doing is copying Boris Johnson's rise to P.M. Both unfit to be P.M. But the populace and loves and admires them because they are born leaders, being entertaining, and relating to what lockdown impoverished people need to see in a leader - even if it's a whole bag of lies. Omicron, now an endemic, is a great platform to sell his wares. Just putting himself at the same level or better than the USA government, is a voting gimme for Thais. 

Note: entertain people and they will consistently like you, whatever you do. Human nature.

Let me just separate the two  names in your 1st sentence. Johnson's role is PM. He was voted into Downing street, whether or not you agree with that. Let me emphasise. 'Democratically elected'. OK?

The other is a clown, gifted his position as a wealthy "person" with delusions of grandeur far beyond his intelligence. 'gifted' by other such parasites. 

Lastly, it is easy to sneer at UK's PM. Yet here you are, presumably British, (or you would be sneering at another leader from a different country), but totally removed from doing anything positive yourself in trying to make UK better. If you are so bothered about Johnson, why not get off your butt, wash out and stow your half-empty beer glass, return to UK and show everyone how it should be done.

Much better than distant armchair vindictiveness, don't you think?

By the way, the post is about Anutin. Not Boris Johnson, in case you didn't know

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Let me just separate the two  names in your 1st sentence. Johnson's role is PM. He was voted into Downing street, whether or not you agree with that. Let me emphasise. 'Democratically elected'. OK?

The other is a clown, gifted his position as a wealthy "person" with delusions of grandeur far beyond his intelligence. 'gifted' by other such parasites. 

Lastly, it is easy to sneer at UK's PM. Yet here you are, presumably British, (or you would be sneering at another leader from a different country), but totally removed from doing anything positive yourself in trying to make UK better. If you are so bothered about Johnson, why not get off your butt, wash out and stow your half-empty beer glass, return to UK and show everyone how it should be done.

Much better than distant armchair vindictiveness, don't you think?

By the way, the post is about Anutin. Not Boris Johnson, in case you didn't know

I think you need to lighten up somewhat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Although both countries are riddled with corruption, there are not many similarities, specially in personal Values and Ethics.

People in the US place personal freedom high on their list of personal values, hence no masks, no vaccines. Thais however place community spirit high on their list. Thais think people in the US are crazy, people in the US think Thais are crazy. Neither are, it's a cultural difference. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Pattaya Bangkok Hospital has been giving free Phizers for many months now. You really don't have a legitimate excuse for no vaxx.

He wants a mobile centre to come to his home. Satthahip is a long way from Pattaya. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

How daft can one be, comparing to US which is a country with lots of states that each got their different way of doing things...  Compare instead with countries that are opening up again and see how far behind those things are ????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, malibukid said:

America is seriously deleted up now.  Santa Monica where i grew up looks like New Delhi now with all the homelessness.  America is doing a great job.  unrecognizable now to how i remember it.  self entitled twits looking to infect others.

yes i spent some time in Santa Monica sad place now it would be a compliment if i called it 3rd world

23 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Yeah, it's called Freedom of speech and pursuit of happiness both of which general Thai civilians have never enjoyed. Btw, all vaccines and therapies are developed in the west for this pandemic as well so not sure if you want to be so proud of Fah Talai jone.

Freedom to have the worlds worst response, freedom to drop like flies and refuse a vaccine that can save your life. I’ll stay here and wear a mask thanks

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

People in the US place personal freedom high on their list of personal values, hence no masks, no vaccines.

1. In case you hadn't noticed, two-thirds of the U.S. population have been double vaxed thus far, for the most part by their own personal choice... so where you get your "no vaccines" from I don't know.

2. Personal freedom also means being free to choose to protect your own personal health and those around you, to the greatest extent possible, by following expert medical advice and choosing to get vaccinated.

The Kaiser Family Foundation recently estimated that more vaccinations in the U.S. could have prevented 163,000 deaths during the latter half of 2021.

Screenshot_1.jpg.6dbe29e3a74ab241c67b282c42176dcc.jpg

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/brief/covid19-and-other-leading-causes-of-death-in-the-us/

Of course, unfortunately, too many people in the U.S. also have exercised their personal freedom to potentially become COVID Darwin Award candidates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I do.  Albeit I have no issues yet. 

After recovering from Covid my natural immunity is just as effective as a vaxx - read up on the very latest USA studies 2022 which would need to be expanded to be accepted by the scientific and medical research hospitals/organisations - and Big Pharma. 

I think most people now understand that neither VAXX nor NI would necessarily prevent infection by Omicron, but would be able to lessen the bad effects. From the latest studies, adding a booster jab as well as natural immunity has no statistical benefit from Omicron. Both are just as effective to keep people from being hospitalised.

However, for a belt and braces approach, As you have stated, it seems advisable to stick to the current position, and if free vaxxes are available, that could be a bonus.   

3 hours ago, robert888d said:

I think Anutin is very much in China's pocket and will never utter one word of criticism against them. On the other hand he seems to be anti Western democracies and will never say a good word regarding them.

I'd like a more balanced Thai leader who was a unifier .

I think the majority of us also do..... unfortunately wishful thinking

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JGV said:

what happened to  the mobile centres - none here in sattahip and farangs are refused here and told to go to pattaya - the government assumes all farang live in tourist centres - well they son't

Where are the locals going to get vaccinated?

Sattahip does not strike me as that isolated....two overnight stays in Pattaya should be within reach to have got vaccinated.

53 minutes ago, Watchit said:

Are you just making stuff up as you go?

Actually no according to the Gallop Poll. About 80% out of the country 30% vaccine hesitant American adults say that they are unlikely to or definitely wouldn’t change their minds.That will severely undermined Biden’s target of 70% which is not even close to achieve herd immunity. I wonder the plan is to get those 80% infected to achieve herd immunity. Good luck to that with high percentage of compromised and obese Americans. 

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong word
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, James105 said:

Do you have evidence for this?  The last time I looked there was no difference between the likes of California and Florida.  

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/580607-the-death-rates-from-covid-in-red-america-and

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/06/politics/covid-vaccine-election-map-what-matters/index.html

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

I think most people now understand that neither VAXX nor NI would necessarily prevent infection by Omicron, but would be able to lessen the bad effects.

According to the U.S. CDC, compared to the unvaccinated, being fully vaccinated with a booster, even during Omicron, significantly lessens one's chances of COVID infection in the first place, and then also of COVID death (though not to the 100% level):

Screenshot_4.jpg.cb13bde1d4dd044db2f1c386bbca0af6.jpg.

"Two new CDC reports show that people who are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines have the highest amount of protection against both the Delta and Omicron variants.1,2 One report found that, compared to up-to-date adults, unvaccinated adults had five times the risk of infection and more than 50 times the risk of COVID-19-associated death.

A second report found that a third dose (either an additional primary dose or booster dose) of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) was highly effective at preventing emergency and urgent care visits and hospitalizations related to COVID-19. "

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

11 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Yet a quick google search tells a different story.   Are CNN a reliable source of news nowadays or are they biased?  

California's COVID-19 case rate now higher than many Southern states, twice that of Florida's

https://abc7.com/california-covid-19-case-rate-florida/11226747/

New Florida COVID-19 cases 4 times lower than California, CDC data shows

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/new-florida-covid-19-cases-4-times-lower-than-california-cdc-data-shows/

• Like 1