Anutin latest: Bigs up nation in making comparisons with USA - comments on "endemic" status in Thailand

webfact

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

Yet a quick google search tells a different story.   Are CNN a reliable source of news nowadays or are they biased?  

California's COVID-19 case rate now higher than many Southern states, twice that of Florida's

https://abc7.com/california-covid-19-case-rate-florida/11226747/

New Florida COVID-19 cases 4 times lower than California, CDC data shows

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/new-florida-covid-19-cases-4-times-lower-than-california-cdc-data-shows/

That’s just California and Florida you’re comparing. What about all the other red states versus blue states? I’d be willing to bet good money that the risk of dying of covid in (most) red states is considerably higher than in blue states.

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

That’s just California and Florida you’re comparing. What about all the other red states versus blue states? I’d be willing to bet good money that the risk of dying of covid in (most) red states is considerably higher than in blue states.

Depends..... if one lives in a red area, I hear Florida will take better care of you.

42 minutes ago, James105 said:

California's COVID-19 case rate now higher than many Southern states, twice that of Florida's

https://abc7.com/california-covid-19-case-rate-florida/11226747/

From  the KABC link you posted:

"The latest CDC statistics show Florida's overall death rate is the eighth worst in the country - 54% higher than California's."

I don't know where they're pulling that stat from. But I do know and can see exactly what the CDC's own data shows on cases and deaths by state:

Florida has the 7th highest per capita COVID case rate (cases per 100,000 population) since the start of the pandemic, with California well further down on the list.

Florida.jpg.accd28397b6195c4db005df706cb2d5d.jpg

CA.jpg.a7b018e16075a686c4035e6bc74e8c16.jpg

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100k

The same CDC site shows cumulative COVID death rates by state, per capita (per 100,000 population):

Florida ranks about 17th among 50 states. California about 38th.

Florida --301

California -- 199

Deaths.jpg.7a06d8633eb00e6a5174e781453b3841.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg.5df914df7d2f90c189667e7fe6397d3b.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

The risk of dying from covid is higher if someone is old or fat, so if your point is that older, fatter people vote red then you would have a valid point.   I don't think covid itself really cares about which way someone voted or where they live.   The chances of catching it seems higher in California than Florida according to the data despite all their crazy covid restrictions.   I specifically choose 2 states that have similar a climate and are polar opposites politically to make a point.   If your theory is a valid one then you should be able to apply it to any state and not need to engage in whataboutary.   

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Depends..... if one lives in a red area, I hear Florida will take better care of you.

I am not very confident that Florida take better care when the Governor is a vaccine denier. He kind of set the example of how the state manage covid. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, RandiRona said:

Yeah, it's called Freedom of speech and pursuit of happiness both of which general Thai civilians have never enjoyed. Btw, all vaccines and therapies are developed in the west for this pandemic as well so not sure if you want to be so proud of Fah Talai jone.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:05 PM, daveAustin said:

Please don’t compare yourself to ANY western nation. Just don’t! He wears a mask here to hide an obvious grin that knows he’s testing a fartful of people in an oppressed state compared to millions upon millions per day in a FREE one. No one will ever know Thailand’s figures because there is no appetite or incentive and results are sino-style suppressed based on face. Just say thanks to the west for developing your vaccines and then shut up. Bwaaah, no more, a waste of space urchin. I’m done!

On 1/29/2022 at 1:48 PM, Cherrytreeview said:

Never a truer word spoken.

Lieland No 1 global beggar.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:52 PM, cardinalblue said:

Are Those incompetent fools the ones who donated the pfizer vaccine to thailand?

now let’s discuss road fatality and pedestrian life or should we say pedestrian death in thailand… 

Silly to compare a third world country to a first world country…

Yet you all chose to live in Thailand rather than in your respective western countries...

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am not very confident that Florida take better care when the Governor is a vaccine denier. He kind of set the example of how the state manage covid. 

If people would just use common sense. There are three very easy things that you can do to try to prevent getting the virus and/or spreading it: social distance, wash your hands and wear a mask. And getting vaccinated reduces the risk of you ending up in ICU. And in red states more people are less inclined to do any of these things, which would mean that more people get covid and more people die from covid.

The governor of Missouri had some research done to see how effective masks were, so he could tell his people that mask mandated were useless. The research showed, however, that masks worked. And what did the governor do? He tried to suppress that data. How stupid/ignorant/dangerous/irresponsible  (take your pick) are you then? I mean, here’s a governor with information that could actually save lives, and he decided to sit on it. What a jackass. And we all know what Ron DeSantis did to hide data from the people in Florida. 

50 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

I don't and wouldn't live in Thailand.

I enjoy extended visits when the rewards outweigh the risks.

I enjoy many aspects of the fun to be had in Thailand and have traveled extensively in Thailand and SE Asia.

Just as many Thailand expats think it's perfect, i point out that in my opinion it isn't.

Satisfied?

Satisfied? No. I have lived in Thailand for the last 20 years because I like it here. And part of that is not vexing myself over things that I have no control. I have no impression that the place is perfect. When I no longer like the place, I will leave. But for the first 12 years here, one of the great benefits was access to reasonable health insurace which I could not obtain in the US.

But you can have your sour cherries if you like.

Edited by jerrymahoney

56 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

I don't and wouldn't live in Thailand.

I enjoy extended visits when the rewards outweigh the risks.

I enjoy many aspects of the fun to be had in Thailand and have traveled extensively in Thailand and SE Asia.

Just as many Thailand expats think it's perfect, i point out that in my opinion it isn't.

Satisfied?

Yet for someone that doesn't live here you spend a lot of time on this forum...

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Satisfied? No. I have lived in Thailand for the last 20 years because I like it here. And part of that is not vexing myself over things that I have no control. I have no impression that the place is perfect. When I no longer like the place, I will leave. But for the first 12 years here, one of the great benefits was access to reasonable health insurace which I could not obtain in the US.

But you can have your sour cherries if you like.

You don't seem to understand.

I keep my assets in my home country and can travel/live where i want.

It's called options and choices.

Many have sold up and burned their bridges.

This is a discussion forum.

If you don't like an opposing view maybe you should look elsewhere.

For the record, i couldn't care less if you've lived on the moon for the last 20 years.

It's irrelevant.

1 minute ago, LukKrueng said:

Yet for someone that doesn't live here you spend a lot of time on this forum...

Many who don't live in Thailand have opinions on this forum.

They have not returned because of covid, Thailand's reaction to it and the Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital roll of the dice.

Do you actually have a point to make about any of my posts?

What points have i made that you think are incorrect?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Twisting the facts as always.

You just can't accept the overwhelming benefits of vaccination and appear to be in a minority of one on this forum at the moment.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/scicheck-desantis-comments-social-media-posts-mislead-on-covid-19s-toll-in-florida/

The evidence of 2 jabs and a booster to stop serious illness and hospitalisation is factually overwhelming.

Your tedious illogical, ill informed and plain wrong views are thankfully becoming background noise globally.

Perhaps you should take up your whine with google as all I did was type in ‘California Florida covid’.   Being in the majority would have made you a nazi in 1930s Germany by the way so its not really a badge of honor or anything to be proud of.   Enjoy your echo chamber as I am done here anyway.   

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So I do I. And to me it is irrelevant why you DON'T want to live in Thailand.

You seem to be getting a little worked up.

You decided to quote my response to someone else.

It was you who stuck your nose in and started talking about "sour cherries".

Have you a factual disagreement about a point or post i made?

Or do you want to just keep posting in capitals?

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

Perhaps you should take up your whine with google as all I did was type in ‘California Florida covid’.   Being in the majority would have made you a nazi in 1930s Germany by the way so its not really a badge of honor or anything to be proud of.   Enjoy your echo chamber as I am done here anyway.   

No links as usual just insults.

Nothing changes with the deniers.

Game, set and match.

Bye.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Many who don't live in Thailand have opinions on this forum.

They have not returned because of covid, Thailand's reaction to it and the Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital roll of the dice.

Do you actually have a point to make about any of my posts?

What points have i made that you think are incorrect?

I just find it strange that people with no relation to Thailand spend so much time on a Thailand issue forum. I travelled to many countries around the world, in some countries more than in other, I have friends in many countries, yet I'm not a member of any forum if any of those countries. 

You're entitled to your opinions, if course, they're just irrelevant here. That's my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I just find it strange that people with no relation to Thailand spend so much time on a Thailand issue forum. I travelled to many countries around the world, in some countries more than in other, I have friends in many countries, yet I'm not a member of any forum if any of those countries. 

You're entitled to your opinions, if course, they're just irrelevant here. That's my opinion. 

A lot of people spend their time in multiple places during a year. That is if they can afford to do so.

Where is the annual quota of days resident in Thailand to be allowed to post on aseannow?

Your post is ridiculous.

Many have been based abroad during covid for various reasons.

If you spend 6 months normally in a country, you have a relevance to it.

My opinion is as relevant as yours.

Sorry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

A lot of people spend their time in multiple places during a year. That is if they can afford to do so.

Where is the annual quota of days resident in Thailand to be allowed to post on aseannow?

Your post is ridiculous.

Many have been based abroad during covid for various reasons.

If you spend 6 months normally in a country, you have a relevance to it.

My opinion is as relevant as yours.

Sorry.

Lot of people here have a lot of weird rules about who is or isn’t “allowed” to post here. Just ignore them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ericthai said:

yup Thailand is doing great!

a trustworthy elected government in place, almost no unemployment, tourist's banging on the door to get in, hotels full, the restaurants have waiting lines, everyone is drinking, gogo bars are full along with the soapys... then I woke up!

What is the Covid death rate in the UK?

What is the covid death  rate in the USA?

Despite  your  personal  opinions or rather badly masked prejudices, like it or not Thailand along with other less developed nations have been highlighted as world leaders in the way they dealt  with the covid crisis. I'm sure mistakes  have been made here which you choose to highlight whilst ignoring the chaos and lockdowns and riots in civilised europe, the resurgence in australia, the idiocy in NZ, the USA/UK death rates  the horror of China..Compared to the rest of the world Thailand has done well mainly due to the people not the goverment. You are free to travel where you want so go..