1-year marriage extension & long stay at hospital

Hello,

Is there any kind of accommodation as to immigration officer coming to hospital [instead of going to Chaengwattana] or postponement of 1-year marriage extension stamp deadline due to a hospital treatment that requires long stay (3 months at hospital)?

Thank you

@ubonjoe, it is me who is currently receiving treatment and cannot travel.

To be clear, applying for this particular #25 visa extension extends the 1-year extension deadline, correct? It does not replace my current status, right?

Also, would I need to be using the same tm.7 form we usually fill out for the marriage extension or is there a specific for that, as I have not seen one?

Last but not least, how do the evidence and form need to be submitted? Do we need to mail them? Would the address be the same as the 90-day report? Could it be sent by ems as the deadline is coming up soon and didn't expect to stay there that long?

Thanks again for all your help and knowledge you devote to the community, ubonjoe. We really appreciate what you do.

12 minutes ago, Will2011 said:

To be clear, applying for this particular #25 visa extension extends the 1-year extension deadline, correct? It does not replace my current status, right?

Yes and Yes

It would not eliminate the non-o visa entry that you have been extending based upon marriage. After completing you medical care you would then apply for the one year extension.

12 minutes ago, Will2011 said:

Also, would I need to be using the same tm.7 form we usually fill out for the marriage extension or is there a specific for that, as I ave not seen one?

Same TM7 form that is used for all extensions. The only difference it the proof of the reason for the extension.

28 minutes ago, pjmorton said:

For the information of others who might be in a similar situation, how would the situation be handled, if the Thai wife were the one hospitalized?

With proof she is hospitalized immigration could waive the need for her to present when the extension is applied for and allow her to do the required affidavit in front of a witness.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, the immigration officer did ask my wife a copy of marriage certificate, updated Kor 2 which she had to get at the district office, along with her id and a photo of me at hospital with her holding a newspaper of the day, despite the immigration doctor approval of my case. I did get 90 days though. But not as easy as it seems.

11 hours ago, Will2011 said:

As an update, the immigration officer did ask my wife a copy of marriage certificate, updated Kor 2 which she had to get at the district office, along with her id and a photo of me at hospital with her holding a newspaper of the day, despite the immigration doctor approval of my case. I did get 90 days though. But not as easy as it seems.

The gave you a 90 day medical extension as her caregiver.

• Like 1