Is the 2nd night of quarantine on the SQA++ program a real deal breaker?

spidermike007

what i don't understand is why thailand tightens its policy when numbers are high in country and loosens when the numbers go down!

shouldn't that be the other way around? i mean keep covid out when thailand is very low on cases not let them flood in.. and vice versa lol

or maybe this whole policy is nothing to do with health at all and more about optics.. ????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, calbts2 said:

The dominoes are falling all around Thailand. The Philippines just eliminated all quarantine and arrival tests for vaccinated travelers as they have come to their senses.

Watch what Vietnam does as that in my opinion will be key in forcing Thailand to get rid of all of these useless tests/quarantines/insurance as so much face will be lost. These other countries will get their tourist industries recovering faster while Thailand's reputation and self inflicted economic damage deteriorate further.

My prediction is by July(maybe sooner), Thailand's hand will be forced into opening up 100% which includes all land borders.

I think you're dead right - it's beyond silly as the only way forward is simply to reopen, spend the revenue wisely (that's a laugh but it would help) and accept our world as it now is, and not how we rather wistfully whish it was.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tony M said:

I suspect that, as soon as they realise how much money will be lost at Songkran time, all the requirements will be ditched.  Songkran is one of the biggest money-makers of the year. So, in the next month or so, all testing and all quarantine will disappear in the greed for April income.

It's not greed it's need.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's a ridiculous policy.  I did a lot of travel last year and in the 10 countries or so I visited, only a PCR test before departure was required.  If that.  A few had NO requirements if you were fully vaccinated.

Time for Thailand to wake up and open the doors to fully vaccinated tourists.

Even the rule of being vaccinated can be dropped as we know that the vaccine only works for about 4/5 months. Or they have to adjust the rule into "vaccinated not longer then 4 months ago". Wonder when we will see that vaccination is also not one of the requirements anymore.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Last time I looked, there were around 70 appealing countries with no restriction, others than double vax, and one PCR. Now, that is what a country run by fully mature adults looks like.

So, as you say, why would a sane tourist choose Thailand?

Most of the incoming will be returning expats or people traveling for what little business remains here. 

We left last summer as it was too depressing here.  Everything closed.  Went where they music was playing!  Going to do it again shortly.  Not 100% sure where as things change so quickly, but will have a decision soon.

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

phillipines is open now no rules.  time to bail.

Not true.  If jabbed, easy.  If not, complicated.  As it should be:

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/covid-19/arrivingintheph

Unvaccinated, Partially Vaccinated, Unverified

• Negative RT-PCR test result taken within 48 hours prior to departure from the country of origin
  • Facility-based quarantine until the release of the negative results
  • 5th day swabbing
  • Self-monitor for any sign or symptom until the 14th day from arrival
  • Like 2

The thing is that the people who comes up with these idiotic edicts have no idea what tourism is all about and what tourists want, they are not tourists and non of their friends and family probably aren't so they come up with these silly rules so to be seen doing something but this something is all wrong and no one tells them that and so the madness continue...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is not a deal breaker, for me but I cannot see why any real tourist would come to Thailand under these conditions. Just go elsewhere. Clearly a face saving band-aid or blatant money grab, with no public health purpose whatsoever. What was a deal breaker was the proposed Charming Chiang Mai program. Where you were to be kept outside the city at certain hotels and forced to purchase tours dragging you around to various SHA++ attractions on sealed routes.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1