Is the 2nd night of quarantine on the SQA++ program a real deal breaker?

spidermike007

On 1/30/2022 at 4:13 AM, clivebaxter said:

I think you answered your own question, 3 pcr tests in 7 days is over the top and most tourists will not take the risk of a positive ending up in quarantine which their $50k insurance will not pay for.

I absolutely agree with you. I postpone my flight because of this! Hope end of February they change the rules. I don't wanna risk to end in a hospital if I don't show any symptoms.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 3:05 AM, spidermike007 said:

I give the administration some credit for reinstating the test and go program. However, asking for the 2nd test after 5 days is enough of a hurdle, without asking for a 2nd night of quarantine. Sounds like a real deal breaker to me. I spent nearly 3 hours in a hospital getting my 2nd PCR test. Some tourists were there, and they were not happy with the waiting times, as they were on vacation. Now, they are requiring a 2nd night of quarantine? In the middle of someone's trip?

Totally agree. My second test was a bloody nightmare - involving 3 visits.  At the time I thought "what will real tourists think about this".  The woman in charge of the testing seemed to be telling me how lucky I was by stating "Its free" with a don't complain attitude.

I know they are aiming at tourists but we all spend money - during my last trip (30 Dec - 18 Jan) I'll wager I spent more money than any 'tourist' did. But this hotel requirement is just madness for me, there are no SHA hotels anywhere near my home so I'll have to return to Bangkok to comply then back home again!

The TAT contact centre seemed to have some sympathy and told me to wite to the government contact centre - I did but I'm not expecting any reply. If they had real concerns, you'd think they'd take the matter up with the government themselves.

I intend leaving booking my next trip - March/April until near the time in the hope they see sense and the rules change.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Totally agree. My second test was a bloody nightmare - involving 3 visits.  At the time I thought "what will real tourists think about this".  The woman in charge of the testing seemed to be telling me how lucky I was by stating "Its free" with a don't complain attitude.

I know they are aiming at tourists but we all spend money - during my last trip (30 Dec - 18 Jan) I'll wager I spent more money than any 'tourist' did. But this hotel requirement is just madness for me, there are no SHA hotels anywhere near my home so I'll have to return to Bangkok to comply then back home again!

The TAT contact centre seemed to have some sympathy and told me to wite to the government contact centre - I did but I'm not expecting any reply. If they had real concerns, you'd think they'd take the matter up with the government themselves.

I intend leaving booking my next trip - March/April until near the time in the hope they see sense and the rules change.

Same here. No travel until these excessive rules change. Expect no more than 25,000 to 40,000 tourists a month, until they get rid of the 2nd nite rule. Even then with the original test and go, only 100,000 a month. Not going to make a huge dent in the losses. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes but Prayuth and his buddies don't have any need. I'm alright jack.

Er yes. Very astute. But the people of Thailand  require an active economy. Their desire to earn a living is not greed. Its a living necessity. They need to work to eat, to pay for school and bring up their kids etc. Your casual references  to Thai 'greed' can be misinterpreted as an attack on decent hardworking Thai men and women who are really suffering and need our support and understanding.

25 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Er yes. Very astute. But the people of Thailand  require an active economy. Their desire to earn a living is not greed. Its a living necessity. They need to work to eat, to pay for school and bring up their kids etc. Your casual references  to Thai 'greed' can be misinterpreted as an attack on decent hardworking Thai men and women who are really suffering and need our support and understanding.

Eh?  I have not referred to any greed - you've got the wrong person buddy.  I am very much aware of the suffering being ecountered by much of the Thai population at the moment. I merely said that Prayuth and his buddies don't care. They are not poor or starving.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

No, a tourist is booking a sha plus+ hotel. After check in he is locked inside, until results come back. Might be the very same day (some 6h wait is the shortest), but more likely around 24h later. Hence booking a room for one night is necessary. 
Nobody else is going to be quarantined id he turns positive

Edited by internationalism