Hunt on after drunk man returns with war weapon after incident at birthday party - one dead, one injured

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in western Bangkok are hunting a man armed with an M16 or HK 33 war weapon after he shot a man dead and wounded a woman.

It was another horrific crime fueled by revenge and alcohol after a face losing incident.

It happened after a birthday party.

Samray police and rescue services went to Krung Thonburi Soi 6 where outside a house they found the remains of a birthday party - cake, bottles of booze and soda.

Plus evidence of lots of shooting with 5.56 bullets - used in M16 and HK 33 war weapons, reported Daily News

Inside a two story terraced house they found Somboon "Nao" Sae-kang dead. He'd been shot through the eye with the bullet traversing to a wall. 

He was lying in a pool of blood. Two other bullets had smashed a flat screen TV. 

IMG_7103-1024x682.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The wife of the owner of the house Chatchawan, 47, had been already rushed to Lert Sin Hospital.

Supranee was hit by a stray bullet as she went down the stairs to see what the commotion was all about.

The bullet ricocheted injuring her abdomen, thigh and face. 

Chatchawan said that the dead man was an old friend. 

They had all been at a birthday party earlier in which Anusorn, 37, had got very drunk and started behaving badly.

One man had slapped him to get him to calm down. That man had since gone home.

Anusorn left but harbored a grudge. He went on Facebook to vent his anger then returned with the gun. 

Police tried to find him at his house but couldn't locate him. He is a gun enthusiast and is believed to be armed and dangerous as the hunt steps up.

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-31

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 5

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Again alcohol and guns. 

The fact that weapons are so easily available is scary. 

Sadly, in the hands of an alcohol fueled mad man, anything with a handle can be a weapon, not just a gun. Hammers, knives, garden tools etc. it's not the weapons it's the alcohol. People pull triggers in their madness.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, mancub said:

Alcohol, drugs or whatever are essentially the catalyst for the real issue of anger management.

exactly .....    when a drug crazed nutter or a drunk kills someone it's because they can't control their anger,  and mentally they are a walking timebomb.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

exactly .....    when a drug crazed nutter or a drunk kills someone it's because they can't control their anger,  and mentally they are a walking timebomb.  

That's true, but I was thinking along the lines of some of the horrendous "road rage" or "jilted lover" scenes that have occurred without involving alcohol/drugs !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mancub said:

That's true, but I was thinking along the lines of some of the horrendous "road rage" or "jilted lover" scenes that have occurred without involving alcohol/drugs !

yes .... I thought of that when I was writing the post,  but just referring to other than driving. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes you are right but a gun takes away the need to get up close,i much rather be chased by some idiot

with a knife or a hammer.

People pull triggers in their madness,you are so so right and that is the reason many people should

not have access to any kind of gun.

In this case a war weapon!Looking forward to finding out from whom he "borrowed" it.

Many weapons and hardware were disregarded after the Vietnam war !

46 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Alcohol or drugs push them over the limit, quite simple it contributes to those who already have problems. Alcohol or drugs wont turn people into raving mad men if there are no underlying problems. That is why most users have no problem.

Problem is a bit that these with underlying problems don't stop using alcohol or drugs. I feel it should punished extra when people who have problems like this and still use alcohol or drugs. They knowingly take the risk and it ends fatally for others.

I hate it when irresponsible users make normal users look bad. 

These hothead attacks sure are heating up. I reckon it's the Covid related stress, the resulting financial stress, and now the oncoming heat.

I was a regular customer at this one food stall in my local market. Last week I tossed an extra 20 baht in their tip box. Turns out it was just their change box, not a tip box. My wife caught a rude comment he made in Issan, about me thinking he was too poor or something. Oh well. He will be a little poorer now without my business. Hope he doesn't come kill me though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

that was some birthday party .....     !!

oh,  and BTW ...    Anusorn will be in the bushes behind mama's house .

Must be a common name or he went to work as a road worker later 

Young man "with well known surname" kills road worker on expressway in Bangkok - breath test ordered

Another road worker called Anusorn who saw what happened said that a team had been doing road resurfacing and only one lane was open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So you figure he has had it for over 45 years..... how old is the guy?

You have never heard of purchasing an old firearm ? there are a lot of MK1 Lee Enfield rifles still being used and I am sure they aren't the original owners using them !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Bloody hell. It is getting a bit dangerous to have a drink round here..... catching Covid after 11pm is beginning to look rather trivial. 

Having a drink is fine, finding someone who remains sane after a few is the tricky bit

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The bullet ricocheted injuring her abdomen, thigh and face. 

One bullet ricocheting and hitting her 3 times, that's a hellofa bullet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bbko said:

One bullet ricocheting and hitting her 3 times, that's a hellofa bullet.

that is a special bullet ..... I've never heard of a bullet hitting the wall and keeps coming back to hit you 3 times .....  must be a high tech one