Anutin latest: Praises himself to the skies for saving Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Not exactly right at all! In a proper Democracy, if you are not happy with the Government/PM then you have an election, and the "majority rules" - right? ???? 

Not really. In Western democracies you vote from a few candidates which are there. 

1. Because they have a lot of money (or supporters who give them a lot of money to appear on TV, etc etc). 

2. Because they have powerful supporters. 

It's a lie that anyone could run for president. "anyone" wouldn't get anywhere running for president in the West. The powerful select those candidates, and the public votes, often times not who they like, but who they consider is the worst. 

Anyway, this is not a topic about how democracy works in the West or in Thailand or anywhere else. This is about COVID19, and yes, Thailand is years light ahead of the West, specially the US when it comes to handling of the pandemic. 

Be it Anutin, or whoever, they deserve praise, because they have done a great job. More or less containing the virus while not fully closing the country.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

Anutin, the EGO!, what more needs to be said about this inflated guy.

He proves that some billionaires live in a completely different world than regular

people. Just like a bunch of other corrupt people I have met during my visits to Thailand.

Some who had multiple houses, and lots of cars, including some very expensive ones.

Just like an ex police man has.  I guess I am just being sarcastic.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

"We'll always be there with the Thai public every step of the way for the good of everyone's health".

And those stinking Foreigner's can go take a jump, we will continue to hold prejudices against them, and be as racist as we can, so get back behind the Soi dogs in the Queue. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stocky said:

Actually of the 115 million vaccine doses given only 23% were Sinovac and many of those were given as a combination Sinovac + AstraZeneca.

The 115 million doses breakdown as:

• 40% AstraZeneca
  • 23% Sinovac
  • 22% Pfizer
  • 12% Sinopharm
  • 3% Moderna

Source: https://dashboard-vaccine.moph.go.th/dashboard.html

'Other brands entered Thailand once he'd further enhanced his billionaire status.'  So the 23% (2nd highest most popular) could have been first when that was the only one available? (Before AZ came on stream?)

9 hours ago, sambum said:

Not exactly right at all! In a proper Democracy, if you are not happy with the Government/PM then you have an election, and the "majority rules" - right? ???? 

The Thais threw away their democracy by following a corrupt gangster to protest corruption and oust an elected government on the premise of corruption within a rice pledging scheme (fyi a very similar scheme is currently in place...)

Then stood by as the military mounted a coup and junta rules the country.

They voted for the junta led constitution which allows the unelected senate.

They voted in numbers for Palang Pracharath at the last general election.

They deserve the government they have, and it is almost entirely down to them that they have it. 

Sometimes, they have to take responsibility for their actions/choices. See my earlier post. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I seem to remember that vaccine was ordered a little late… about a year… of course I could have misunderstood 

Yes, you have misunderstood. From Nov 2020

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-signs-deal-for-advance-procurement-of-covid-19-vaccine/

It was export bans by European countries and then India that prevented vaccine being delivered under the original schedule.

The only error of judgement was putting trust in AZ and the EU/UK.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, big dendrobenaes said:

I HAD 2  az jabs and both were FREE

Yes and so did Thais all around the world, WITHOUT being treated as lower than Soi dogs, with no need to 'register as a foreigner' or show any ID or visa status. Thailand was the ONLY ! country in the Whole World ! to treat foreigners this way, having to give all personal details, on a site that was VERY user un-friendly. 

14 hours ago, Dumbfounded said:

Is there a timeline as to which/when these vaxs were used here?. I thought it was sinovac/sinopharm/az/pf/mod in that order but I might be wrong

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

'Other brands entered Thailand once he'd further enhanced his billionaire status.'  So the 23% (2nd highest most popular) could have been first when that was the only one available? (Before AZ came on stream?)

Both Sinovac and AstraZeneca were being used from end of February 2021, though the amount of AZ was only what could be supplied from outside Thailand. Locally produced AZ became available from 6th June 2021. The mixing of the two vaccines started 14th July 2021.

However, vaccination rates didn't pick up until August September 2021, there were still only 1 million fully vaccinated people as of end May 2021. But by September over 2 million were being added per week, by December over 40 million people had been fully vaccinated. The current figure is approaching 49 million.

Sinopharm was available from end June 2021, Pfizer from July 2021 and Moderna from November 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_vaccination_in_Thailand

https://dashboard-vaccine.moph.go.th/dashboard.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mod·es·ty

/ˈmädəstē/ 

noun

1.     the quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities.

"with typical modesty he insisted on sharing the credit with others"

lack of vanity

lack of pretension

unpretentiousness

shyness

bashfulness

self-consciousness

boastfulness
  • the quality of being relatively moderate, limited, or small in amount, rate, or level.
    "the modesty of his political aspirations"

acceptability

smallness

Opposite:
    grandeur

• behavior, manner, or appearance intended to avoid impropriety or indecency.
    plural noun: modesties

23 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If only Thailand had people like Biden and Johnson to rule them!

They might not be the best of people, but unlike the soldier posing as a PM and his Junta, I would think that being in charge of the likes on the US and the UK, they will be well educated and probably also have a high IQ.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Whatever people think of this guy he's almost certain to be the next PM. 

I wonder what the protesters will do about that, just picture it, the Cvirus is endemic, and this clown posing as a DPM becomes a PM.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

And those stinking Foreigner's can go take a jump, we will continue to hold prejudices against them, and be as racist as we can, so get back behind the Soi dogs in the Queue. 

Is it not the same thing as when a crazy Thai killed that Brit with a scythe in Kanchanaburi and you all started bashing Thais, Thai culture, their problems, blah blah… 

I can see no difference. Just hypocrisy. 

• Confused 4

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Thais threw away their democracy by following a corrupt gangster to protest corruption and oust an elected government on the premise of corruption within a rice pledging scheme (fyi a very similar scheme is currently in place...)

Then stood by as the military mounted a coup and junta rules the country.

They voted for the junta led constitution which allows the unelected senate.

They voted in numbers for Palang Pracharath at the last general election.

They deserve the government they have, and it is almost entirely down to them that they have it. 

Sometimes, they have to take responsibility for their actions/choices. See my earlier post. 

"Then stood by as the military mounted a coup and junta rules the country."

And exactly what option did they have? (see my earlier post  - tanks v sickles)

And when the military junta chief/PM changes the constitution "off his own bat", to put 250 of his own senators/generals in place, how do you tell him that it is unconstitutional to do that? Perhaps, "Please don't do that, it's against the Constitution!" (Not any more it ain't!) 

"They voted in numbers for Palang Pracharath at the last general election."

If you and the vote counters  say so, they must have done!

When a military junta takes over a country by force, and changes the Constitution/Rules willy nilly to suit their own current and future agendas, I ask again - what would you do to to rectify the situation if you want a change of Government? All I hear from you is the "blame game", no suggestions to rectify it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alextrat1966 said:

Is it not the same thing as when a crazy Thai killed that Brit with a scythe in Kanchanaburi and you all started bashing Thais, Thai culture, their problems, blah blah… 

I can see no difference. Just hypocrisy. 

No it is not the same in anyway shape or form. And FYI i personally did not start bashing Thais in that scenario, in fact quite the opposite.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

You all ? even though you have missed 

No, I didn't. 

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

No it is not the same in anyway shape or form

It sure is the same. If because a crazy Thai kills a farang out of nothing then suddenly all Thais are violent and blah blah blah, then why wouldn't all farangs be dirty provided there's quite a lot of dirty, stinky, non mask wearing farangs in Thailand? 

Same logic. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, alextrat1966 said:

No, I didn't. 

It sure is the same. If because a crazy Thai kills a farang out of nothing then suddenly all Thais are violent and blah blah blah, then why wouldn't all farangs be dirty provided there's quite a lot of dirty, stinky, non mask wearing farangs in Thailand? 

Same logic. 

So now YOU are saying all Thais are violent, I never have !! Oh dear.

It was A Nut In government that said Falang are smelly, because ONE refused to take a un-wrapped  mask held out to him with bare hands, from someone in the street whom he did not know. would you ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So now YOU are saying all Thais are violent, I never have !! Oh dear.

It was A Nut In government that said Falang are smelly, because ONE refused to take a un-wrapped  mask held out to him with bare hands, from someone in the street whom he did not know. would you ?

929103845_ScreenShot2022-02-03at6_08_34PM.png.35fa3df2d7447d4904f2b6490f26ee43.png

1849678218_ScreenShot2022-02-03at6_09_04PM.png.1aa02e68c98f9aa01d3f5809393f2044.png

Same thing my man. Maybe you think that because we are White we get a free pass to bash Thais and bring stereotypes upon them every time some random bad Thai guy does something bad. But then when Thais like Anutin do the same to us, we get very offended. 

Once again, hypocrisy at its best. 

Edited by alextrat1966
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, sambum said:

"Then stood by as the military mounted a coup and junta rules the country."

And exactly what option did they have? (see my earlier post  - tanks v sickles)

And when the military junta chief/PM changes the constitution "off his own bat", to put 250 of his own senators/generals in place, how do you tell him that it is unconstitutional to do that? Perhaps, "Please don't do that, it's against the Constitution!" (Not any more it ain't!) 

"They voted in numbers for Palang Pracharath at the last general election."

If you and the vote counters  say so, they must have done!

When a military junta takes over a country by force, and changes the Constitution/Rules willy nilly to suit their own current and future agendas, I ask again - what would you do to to rectify the situation if you want a change of Government? All I hear from you is the "blame game", no suggestions to rectify it!

Some points:

They had the option not to support or protest against the corrupt gangster Suthep and his protests which were the trigger to mounting the coup. They did not do so.

They had the choice to vote against the new constitution, they did not do so.

They did vote in numbers for Palang Pracharath and other parties that stood against Future Forward and Pheu Thai. You are not suggesting that nobody voted for them when they recruited all the old gangster kamnans that the Thais always vote for?

The Army did not use force to take over the country. Maybe that is the problem, there was absolutely no opposition so no need. It was meekly accepted.

Again, they need to start taking responsibility for their own actions. Change won't just fall into their laps.