Tahitian Queen Reopening

BigStar

On 8/12/2022 at 6:43 AM, Henryford said:

It would be a sad place if we all stayed in our rooms waiting for the TF girl to arrive. Going to the bars and having a chat/drink was what i loved about Pattaya.

Very true. Maybe a lot more than one chat/drink. ???? It's hardly uncommon to see a punter surrounded by ladies at a table in the TQ, having a little party. The big spenders are very helpful to the bottom line. 

In fact, what the post you responded to means is that we can now rest assured that the days of lady drinks and bar fines are not coming to end any time soon.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:07 AM, PJ71 said:

Are you one of these people that get wood by 'claiming' to know the 'owners'?

Do you walk into places and ask to see see the owners to discuss his / hers / their business plan? I find that strange...

No.  Usually an owner approaches me and introduces himself, and when I mention I am ex SAS they engage me in conversation.  ????

On 8/11/2022 at 11:43 PM, Henryford said:

It would be a sad place if we all stayed in our rooms waiting for the TF girl to arrive. Going to the bars and having a chat/drink was what i loved about Pattaya.

I have never once had a girl from an app come straight to my condo for an hour.  I always meet them in a bar for a drink.  On some occasions, when I have liked the girl, that meeting has turned into "long time."   

It's the bar girl experience, without the lady drinks and bar fines, and it's gaining in popularity. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

I have never once had a girl from an app come straight to my condo for an hour.  I always meet them in a bar for a drink.  On some occasions, when I have liked the girl, that meeting has turned into "long time."   

It's the bar girl experience, without the lady drinks and bar fines, and it's gaining in popularity. 

So what happens if you don't like the girl, or her price, when she shows up. You have to pay her for her time, travel costs and drinks.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 9:33 AM, bbko said:

Go into TQ during happy hour and order a "happy hour" draft beer, I hope you're happy with the shot glass sized drink they'll serve you.

Because of it's location, it's the epitome of a tourist trap.  More power to them, make that money off the tourist wallets, smart expats know where to go and not get ripped off. 

Are you speaking of Family Mart?

On 2/13/2022 at 10:36 AM, Leaver said:

Already have, and they have confirmed my observations.  Have you?

You said it yourself, they are living in the past.

The days of lady drinks and bar fines are coming to an end.  

I think both the TF and the bars will continue.

Obviously TF has advantages but downside as well.

I have read a number of reports about TF and disappointment when the girl appears.

Photos from long ago, nasty disposition, low energy, no fun,  change of terms/raising the price.

Some of this you naturally filter out in the bar.

Not looking to argue; time will tell.

Edited by cdemundo

45 minutes ago, Henryford said:

So what happens if you don't like the girl, or her price, when she shows up. You have to pay her for her time, travel costs and drinks.

My experience has been they have no problem sending you photos and their ID for a messaging app.  They are freelancers for a reason, and in many cases, that reason is their beauty.  Many of them would not get turned down. 

I do a quick video call, and if all is well, I arrange they come and see me in a bar nearby my condo, or in Central Pattaya, and have used short time rooms sometimes.  The messaging chats and video calls have been humorous.

Like just about everything here, price is negotiated first. Nothing new about that. 

To date, the girl that shows up is the girl in the photos and video, but I have considered the scenario you mention.  Should that happen, for the sake of keeping the peace, I think a few hundred baht would be ok, and we go our separate ways.  The drink, or two, are at standard price, so no problem with that. 

Take a look at an app.  There are a lot of attractive girls on them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

I think both the TF and the bars will continue.

Obviously TF has advantages but downside as well.

I have read a number of reports about TF and disappointment when the girl appears.

Photos from long ago, nasty disposition, low energy, no fun,  change of terms/raising the price.

Some of this you naturally filter out in the bar.

Not looking to argue; time will tell.

I have never said the traditional business model of lady drinks and bar fines will disappear.  Despite Uber / Bolt, there are still taxis.  Despite AirBnb, there are still hotels.  Despite freelancers using apps, there are still bars. 

What I have said is, the apps have gained popularity, and have been, and will continue to, take away from profits for those businesses remaining with the traditional business model, and should their margins be slim, a loss of 10% or 20% of lady drinks and bar fines may see them close. 

Of course, business owners may initially raise prices. cut a few staff etc to try to survive, but explaining to their Thai landlord that the traditional business model has now been digitally disrupted to a certain percentage, does not seem to be an option. 

Even at 10%, that's 10 guys in every 100 customers now meeting girls off apps, rather than buying lady drinks and paying bar fines.  For even a busy bar, that's the loss of a lot of baht. 

You say you can filter out things in a bar, but that usually involves bar hopping and buying a drink for the lady of your choosing in each bar.  This can be quite time consuming and costly, until your "filtering" for the night has been completed.  

I agree, time will tell, but the writing is on the wall.  The next generation of monger coming through were practically born with a phone in their hands.  I have previously posted of one observation I made with some young lads arranging girls to come and meet them.  I overheard their conversation, and saw their girls arrive and join them at their table.  I witnessed their whole use of the apps from start to finish.  As I posted then, I thought to myself, "This is the future of the sex trade here."  

Both will coexist, the question is, to what percentages, but with high rents here, and slim margins for business owners, and with a global economic crisis looming, how many businesses relying on the traditional business model can afford to lose 5%, 10%, 15% or even 20% of lady drinks and bar fines to mongers / tourists moving to apps for meeting Thai hookers? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I have never said the traditional business model of lady drinks and bar fines will disappear.  Despite Uber / Bolt, there are still taxis.  Despite AirBnb, there are still hotels.  Despite freelancers using apps, there are still bars. 

What I have said is, the apps have gained popularity, and have been, and will continue to, take away from profits for those businesses remaining with the traditional business model, and should their margins be slim, a loss of 10% or 20% of lady drinks and bar fines may see them close. 

Of course, business owners may initially raise prices. cut a few staff etc to try to survive, but explaining to their Thai landlord that the traditional business model has now been digitally disrupted to a certain percentage, does not seem to be an option. 

Even at 10%, that's 10 guys in every 100 customers now meeting girls off apps, rather than buying lady drinks and paying bar fines.  For even a busy bar, that's the loss of a lot of baht. 

You say you can filter out things in a bar, but that usually involves bar hopping and buying a drink for the lady of your choosing in each bar.  This can be quite time consuming and costly, until your "filtering" for the night has been completed.  

I agree, time will tell, but the writing is on the wall.  The next generation of monger coming through were practically born with a phone in their hands.  I have previously posted of one observation I made with some young lads arranging girls to come and meet them.  I overheard their conversation, and saw their girls arrive and join them at their table.  I witnessed their whole use of the apps from start to finish.  As I posted then, I thought to myself, "This is the future of the sex trade here."  

Both will coexist, the question is, to what percentages, but with high rents here, and slim margins for business owners, and with a global economic crisis looming, how many businesses relying on the traditional business model can afford to lose 5%, 10%, 15% or even 20% of lady drinks and bar fines to mongers / tourists moving to apps for meeting Thai hookers? 

TLDR.

On 8/17/2022 at 5:29 PM, Henryford said:

I know a Chinese guy that has a condo with a balcony towards the street. When they show up he leans over the balcony as they arrive or wait for him to buzz them in. If he's not into it he just goes back inside.

Sometimes I see them just standing out in front waiting.

It's quite common to have a lot of no shows and false meetings on the app game, so it's not a big deal.

Edited by JimTripper

On 8/20/2022 at 6:03 AM, JimTripper said:

I know a Chinese guy that has a condo with a balcony towards the street. When they show up he leans over the balcony as they arrive or wait for him to buzz them in. If he's not into it he just goes back inside.

Sometimes I see them just standing out in front waiting.

Sounds like the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet, Thai style.  ????