Tahitian Queen Reopening

BigStar

On 2/2/2022 at 3:53 PM, bbko said:

Ahhh, TQ, the joys of paying waaayyyy to much for a beer, I'll leave that place to the tourist that don't know any better.

I had the same thought the last time I went and was charged 160 for a beer. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Very reasonable for a go go.

I have never been a go-go regular and it's not too many years since I was there previously but it was not close to that price then. 

But I see your point, from comments on here go go prices can often be at that level. 

One thing I did notice was that many were drinking spirits, perhaps they do discounted prices on them. 

3 hours ago, rott said:

I have never been a go-go regular and it's not too many years since I was there previously but it was not close to that price then. 

But I see your point, from comments on here go go prices can often be at that level. 

One thing I did notice was that many were drinking spirits, perhaps they do discounted prices on them. 

Many drink spirits in there as they good very generous measures.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orinoco said:

i don't know, but i just know two people in the photo.

The photo is listed on stick man's site under 'Tony at the Memphis Queen'.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/images/Old-Thailand-Photos/

Here is a photo from the same index of the Memphis queen, went to the TQ in the late 80's and the photo on this thread doesn't look like any part of the bar i can remember. But cant remember much from those days......

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sungod said:

The photo is listed on stick man's site under 'Tony at the Memphis Queen'.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/images/Old-Thailand-Photos/

Here is a photo from the same index of the Memphis queen, went to the TQ in the late 80's and the photo on this thread doesn't look like any part of the bar i can remember. But cant remember much from those days......

Capture.JPG

I don't know the venue, but would put the photo of the ladies around the mid 90s

but could be wrong 

1 minute ago, Orinoco said:

I don't know the venue, but would put the photo of the ladies around the mid 90s

but could be wrong 

Nothing better to do, so just googled a little and came across this. Article about a guy called Tony Douglas who opened up the Mississippi Queen and Memphis queen in Patpong, and later the Tahitian Queen which he later sold on to the current owners.

So it seems that photo is not the TQ after all, http://www.bangkokeyes.com/2013dec01.html

A little history....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, warrima said:

Is this reopening still under ownership of Woody and Bob. I recall they had a GoFundme last year - i just checked it again when i seen this post - they raised near 20k. 

Woody has bailed out.

Think it is now just Bob.

• Like 1