Most Schools Resume On-site Teaching

webfact

ot.jpg

BANGKOK (TNA) – Most schools resumed their on-site teaching and parents of most students agreed to have their young children receive COVID-19 vaccination, according to authorities.

In a meeting on COVID-19 vaccination for young children attended by representatives of the Education Ministry, the Public Health Ministry and the Interior Ministry, Education Minister Trinuch Thienthong said schools reopened safely as almost all teachers received their first vaccine dose and over 80% of students aged 12-18 years got their second doses of COVID-19 vaccines.

Most of them returned to their on-site classes, the minister said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-875508

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-02-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

My kids In Kalasin have only gone to school for about 1 week for the past year. I understand about the covid risk but depriving a childs education all because of an incompetent clueless local school board there not knowing how to handle the situation and think online classes in the only answer.

Edited by nightfox
  • Like 2

We're back to a 50% one day, 50% the next day system here. The 50% of students who stay home are supposed to do the lesson given in class, sent via Line Groups. Of course that doesn't happen. When they stay home to them it's a holiday. My classes of around 30 have about 5-6 active students. Many have just given up.

Lots of able-bodied young men laying around my village, watching TikTok, playing games, or riding motorbikes up and down the road, going nowhere in particular. Meanwhile their 70-something grandparents are still out cutting the sugar cane.

I did finally see one former bargirl get kicked out and made to take a job in town. Heh. If you know others in this predicament, you know the big thing now is online shopping. The shops all need people to pack, and they prefer ladies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My 5 year old has not been in public kindergarten / school since april and current projection from the school is MAY. Absolutely ridiculous government doing this to the kids. I'm lucky my wife is ex kindergarten teacher, but the average Thai with work is really struggling i would suggest.

I agree the little kids haven't been to school more like a year. It's shocking The teachers all live in the village across the street from all the little kids and the school but aren't allowed to open the school makes no since at all. At least they had some education by a qualified teacher myself driving past  them everyday. 

• Like 1

After homeschooling my kid for nearly a year I put him back to school 2 weeks ago. 

Yesterday the school closed again as one in his class mates has Covid. They say they will reopen Monday, but let’s see. 

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Surely there's no reason for still keeping schools closed?  When the history of the pandemic is written, closing schools for long periods will be seen as a misguided and very damaging policy.

Bud, when the history of past couple years is written there is gonna be a whole lotta "what the he!! were they thinking?"

• Like 1