Test and Go - ???

OK, I have jumped the hoops.  Booked insurance and ASQ hotel etc.  Filled in the forms in triplicate and apparently succeeded in getting approval via the Thai EVISA official website.  I am approved.  I received a letter with that statement and it contains a QR code which I am supposed to enter into morchana app.

The QR code will not scan.  I can enter the data manually except I haven't a clue which number is supposed to be the Thailand Pass ID. 

Just asking here if someone from the Thai services reads this stuff or if a member understands their terminology.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you were applying for a Thailand Pass that is not a visa you would apply for on the e visa site,

Thailand Pass site: https://tp.consular.go.th/

You assume wrong which I have learned communicating with the embassy.  I can not believe I have been collecting all this data and creating a file on the Visa webpage thinking it was thai pass.  I have a visa not a Thai Pass.

In any case I am fortunate enough that despite my decrepitude and failing faculties I am paranoid and do stuff with a margin of error as in I don't travel for another 13 days.  So I have now applied for a Thai pass. 

Pass long it didn't work with Firefox and I had to fire up Google Chrome on my iMac. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Off the topic a little bit in Greece now to increase churros they’re doing away with the test prior to entering the country all you need is proof that you’ve been vaccinated

No only off topic it is also the wrong forum to post in.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Just asking here if someone from the Thai services reads this stuff

Yes. There are agents from all branches of the Thai government including police and immigration monitoring this forum, so be careful what you post here....

Umm... No, I don't really think so

Hi I noticed that the requirement is to get PCR test 72 hr before travel, if negative ok, if positive need medical certificate to say fully recovered from Covid within the last 90 days. 

I had Covid a month ago so may get a false positive on PCR if I travel say in March, ok I get the medical certificate, however what happens if I come in on false positive test and medical certificate, but then also test positive (false) on day 1 thai test? WOULD  they accept it as false positive as I have the medical certificate (could just do a lateral flow or prove it false) this is not clear on their information.

help!! Thanks

also second question, my original plan was to go Singapore first (from UK) for 5 days then onto Thailand, I remember seeing somewhere on. Thread that you need to be 21 days in Country you are coming from? Again can’t find this information 

1 hour ago, Winky said:

Hi I noticed that the requirement is to get PCR test 72 hr before travel, if negative ok, if positive need medical certificate to say fully recovered from Covid within the last 90 days. 

I had Covid a month ago so may get a false positive on PCR if I travel say in March, ok I get the medical certificate, however what happens if I come in on false positive test and medical certificate, but then also test positive (false) on day 1 thai test? WOULD  they accept it as false positive as I have the medical certificate (could just do a lateral flow or prove it false) this is not clear on their information.

help!! Thanks

also second question, my original plan was to go Singapore first (from UK) for 5 days then onto Thailand, I remember seeing somewhere on. Thread that you need to be 21 days in Country you are coming from? Again can’t find this information 

I am currently trying to get my doctors letter stating I recovered from Covid within the last month.  I had symptoms and tested positive middle of January and now test negative.  But I applied for the day 1 and 5 test and go.  Wondering if I should have applied the alternate angle.  Much of this is confusing.

11 minutes ago, jimmybcool said:

I am currently trying to get my doctors letter stating I recovered from Covid within the last month.  I had symptoms and tested positive middle of January and now test negative.  But I applied for the day 1 and 5 test and go.  Wondering if I should have applied the alternate angle.  Much of this is confusing.

I understand that people who have had Covid and recovered can still generate a (false) positive PCR test, because dead cells might remain in the body for up to 3 months.

You know you had Covid and can do your best to deal with this issue. Good luck by the way.

What I wonder is how many people have had asymptomatic Covid without knowing it; then end up getting a false positive test and all that results from that. We shall never know.

The obession with testing needs to be put into perspective, especially  now that we have the milder Omicron.  In the early stages mass testing was useful and necessary. It worked in Germany until it didn't.

I am not saying we can do away with testing, but rethink on testing is necessary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CRUNCHER said:

I understand that people who have had Covid and recovered can still generate a (false) positive PCR test, because dead cells might remain in the body for up to 3 months.

You know you had Covid and can do your best to deal with this issue. Good luck by the way.

What I wonder is how many people have had asymptomatic Covid without knowing it; then end up getting a false positive test and all that results from that. We shall never know.

The obession with testing needs to be put into perspective, especially  now that we have the milder Omicron.  In the early stages mass testing was useful and necessary. It worked in Germany until it didn't.

I am not saying we can do away with testing, but rethink on testing is necessary.

Thanks.  Yeah testing has a purpose but I think unless someone is symptomatic it should be over with.   And the fact that Thailand has as much covid as anywhere else in the world means they need to stop harassing tourists.  Tourists are not the source of infection now.

For myself I am hoping to test negative before I fly.  I just 5 minutes ago used one of the free home covid test kits my government sent me.  I originally tested positive back in January 26 on a PCR test.  Since then 2 home kit tests have come back negative and all my symptoms are gone.  But these home test kits are not as sensitive as the PCR tests.

If I test positive prior to travel I am not boarding a plane.  Period.  I am not about to try and talk my way past JAL and Thai immigration with a doctors letter.  Either I am good to go or I am not.  If I arrive there and THEN test positive well I'll try using the doctors letter and talking my way out of quarantine. 

9 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Wouldn't it be correct to have a positive test if have Covid and are asymptomatic? You can still transmit it?

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

Wouldn't it be correct to have a positive test if have Covid and are asymptomatic? You can still transmit it?

Certainly. In the early stages of the pandemic, when death rates and serious illness were much higher, testing was important.  My point is that with the milder Omicron the importance of testing has reduced significantly.  That is why many countries have cut down on testing for entry; preferring to concentrate on vaccination which is much more important.

At the end of the day massive testing and more targeted testing have their bad side.  It is a question of which is the lesser of two evils. 

• Like 1