Buy factory seconds jogging shoes

NONG CHOK

Hi there, for the past 4 years I've jogged up to 2 hours daily, over that period I've lost over 20 kg's in weight ( doctors orders ) I still drink but I've reduced that and modified my diet. I'm rather heavy on jogging shoes, I normally change around every 4 months. Does anyone know where factory seconds are sold in Pattaya. For several years I used to go to a guy in Naklua Road near my condo just before Third Road. In recent months he's gone I dare say for works to start on another multi story hotel. Cheers, stay safe.

Decathlon near Tesco lotus in N Pattaya have excellent hard wearing trail running shoes that are often discounted or are returned to store slightly used. Believe me they beat most of the regular jogging shoes in both quality and price. You can also buy online from Decathlon or check which branches have the type you prefer. I bought 2 pairs, see below for about 1000 baht per pair.20210924_150018.thumb.jpg.cce00494dfafe04f018c28e8b74ade36.jpg

Edited by Card
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Card said:

Decathlon near Tesco lotus in N Pattaya have excellent hard wearing trail running shoes that are often discounted or are returned to store slightly used. Believe me they beat most of the regular jogging shoes in both quality and price. You can also buy online from Decathlon or check which branches have the type you prefer. I bought 2 pairs, see below for about 1000 baht per pair.20210924_150018.thumb.jpg.cce00494dfafe04f018c28e8b74ade36.jpg

Those are jogging shoe?  Decathlon do have same decent jogging shoes believe there is more quality control than the original and copies particularly the quality of glue used sold here in Thailand.  

Mikes shopping on Beach road found some decent name brands Copies that held up well better than what suppose to be originals especially when it comes to prices I've not paid more than 800 baht for any of them. Good luck

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Those are jogging shoe?  Decathlon do have same decent jogging shoes believe there is more quality control than the original and copies particularly the quality of glue used sold here in Thailand.  

Mikes shopping on Beach road found some decent name brands Copies that held up well better than what suppose to be originals especially when it comes to prices I've not paid more than 800 baht for any of them. Good luck

Yes, they are TRAIL running shoes and very suitable for rough and smooth surfaces and have more cushioning and grip and support than normal road shoes. They are also very light in weight. I jog in them every 2 days 

Edited by Card
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

At 62 and not overweight, I notice the soreness on my body and joints if I go for a 45 minute walk/run on the treadmill, hence the reason I do 30 seconds on a stationary gym bike, then rest for 30 seconds, repeat and keep it up for 5-10 minutes, depending how I feel.

I never push the heart rate as much as I do on the treadmill, which I usually get up 160bpm over the 45 minutes on it, whereas on the stationary gym bike for the 5-10 minutes, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off, it will be more like 130bpm and that does it.

I do believe in the old saying, i.e. that 80% of weight gain comes from the kitchen and as Card said in his above post, refined carbs, like breads and the likes are the main contributor to weight gain.

My last meal is before 7pm and my first of 2 meals is at 11am, so I have that window of 16 hours without food to allow my body to eat it's own stored fat for energy, that said, if I get hungry throughout the day, I can grab a banana at 3ish or a yogurt with some almonds and a banana which will keep me going till dinner at 6-6.30pm which will include either a salad or veggies or both.

Yes ketosis ie. fat burning, starts 12-24h after your last meal depending on the person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Hmm, have you not heard of HIIT, all you need is 10 minutes a day tops, dropping one meal also helps, I lost 15kg in 6 months, no impact on my body from running, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off, even less if you want, gets that heart rate up all day.

The latest is that running creates too much cortisol which doesn't burn fat, HIIT on the other hand reduces the creation of too much cortisol and burns fat.

Why kill yourself running and changing shoes, not to mention if your outdoors, it's HOT, also think of the time your saving.

It really depends on what you like and HIIT is no magic thing as you can only do it a few times a week as it puts a lot of strain on the body. You can burn far more calories with jogging then with hit. But the whole premises of using exercise for weight loss is crazy.

Yes it can help burn some extra calories but its far less effective then a good diet. Weight loss i like 80% diet and exercise though its great for many things plays a minor part in it.

But if someone likes to jog let them jog if someone likes HIIT let them do that, or better yet do a combination of both.

The best exercise is the one you stick with be it jogging or HIIT. 

The cortisol thing, minor thing sure its advertised as bad but in the end it will not affect weight loss that much. You actually needs cortisol to burn fat (sure chronically elevated cortisol is bad) but no real science that says jogging does so.

Thing is most sites you read will be bias to one thing or the other and cherry pick science to prove their point.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, 4MyEgo said:

latest is that running creates too much cortisol which doesn't burn fat, HIIT on the other hand reduces the creation of too much cortisol and burns fat.

Agree, there was a scientific study regarding HIIT, by Catalyst, an Australian Documentary, shown on Australian ABC.

It proven to be more beneficial than regular exercise. 

• Like 1

The occasional night spent rolling in the hay with a couple of 20-something year old girls from a bar works fine for me. It's not called horizontal PT for nothing!

Edited by Guderian