WR Health Insurance

KannikaP

I used a broker, but WRLife were quick to answer questions and everything was handled efficiently. I believe they have representation in Bangkok, if you're going to deal with them direct.  They have interesting policies and seem competitive.

Fortunately I haven't had to make a claim, but my broker tells me he's dealt with some and other than refusing to pay for "experimental" treatment, it was handled well. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I used a broker, but WRLife were quick to answer questions and everything was handled efficiently. I believe they have representation in Bangkok, if you're going to deal with them direct.  They have interesting policies and seem competitive.

Fortunately I haven't had to make a claim, but my broker tells me he's dealt with some and other than refusing to pay for "experimental" treatment, it was handled well. 

Who is your broker?

i have contacted 2 people at my broker in bkk and they have never heard about this insurer

10 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Who is your broker?

i have contacted 2 people at my broker in bkk and they have never heard about this insurer

WRLife is an insurance broker based in the UK. They use the offices of Assist International as a contact point in Thailand. WRLife do not seem to be incorporated or licensed here as an insurance broker. From their website I get the impression that they work with at least one Thai insurer, but I am not able to find which one it is. They also work with offshore insurers it seems.

Assist International looks like the type of company that provides medical evacuation services and related services and appears to be owned by the same people who own Thonburi Healthcare Group. THG is headed up by Boon Vanasin, the fellow who got some publicity last year over trying to import Covid vaccines. I don't think Assist International has an insurance brokerage license.

• Like 1

Posted October 28, 2021
Am looking for health insurance, live in Thailand aged 64. I am already in touch with AA brokers in Hua Hin (who have recommended WRLife insurance), looking for other options and quotes on other insurance companies.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1237171-recommend-a-health-insurance-broker/

BTW April max new policy age is 65.

This is what they told me:

Assist international Services provide our third party payment to the hospital.

AIS is a medical and technical assistance provider company with its registered office in Bangkok since 2003 in response to the need of assistance services for travellers, local nationals and throughout Indochina and also worldwide.

AIS has succeeded in its positioning medical and technical assistance provider company that facilitates the patients and tourists in the areas of patient care. AIS provides medical services to locals throughout the whole country operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Mondial network. 3,000 cases managed per year. Total: 40,000 cases

We are also in close partnership with the Thonburi Hospital group.

Listed on the stock market in Bangkok

Hospitals: at least 20,000 visits per day

Total turnover: 155 million euros

More than 20 Hospitals belong to Thonburi Group, China, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam

https://www.thg.co.th

General Insurer licence number 51230 

Insurance and Reinsurance Broker licence number 16000457 

UK 44 Broadway Stratford, London E15 1XH 

FRANCE 143 Avenue de Kéradennec 29334 Quimper Cedex 

INDIA B-7 Sector 64 Noida 201301 

NEVIS Suite # 2, Upper Prince William Street, Charlestown, P.O. Box 1057 

THAILAND 284 (A4c) 1st Floor Soi Soonvijai 4, Rama 9 Road, Bangkapi, Huaykwang, Bangkok 10310