Queues at Jomtien immigration.

Hi..I've heard the queues at Soi 5 Jomtien have been long recently and as I was planning to do my yearly extension of my retirement visa tomorrow can anyone who has been there today confirm this is still true?I know things are generally busier in the morning but is this now true of later in the day as well?Thanks..

8 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

Not today but was there last Thursday. I went about 2 in the afternoon. It took 10 to 15 minutes to get a number for the retirement extension. I waited about 20 to 30 minutes for my number but was out of the office my 3.

Hope it goes well for you.

Thanks I've actually just booked an appointment (very easy) for 2.30.Hopefully all will be that easy tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, chang50 said:

Thanks I've actually just booked an appointment (very easy) for 2.30.Hopefully all will be that easy tomorrow!

The 2:30 appointment I had did not seem to mean anything. The guy just shook his head when I got to the front of the line to get a number.  He looked over my paperwork and gave me a number. I hope it works better for you and please post how it goes tomorrow.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, chang50 said:

22 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

The 2:30 appointment I had did not seem to mean anything. The guy just shook his head when I got to the front of the line to get a number.  He looked over my paperwork and gave me a number. I hope it works better for you and please post how it goes tomorrow.

If I'm out by 3 I'll be overjoyed..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I need to produce a resident certificate and last time I was there I remember an app to book your appointment. Is this a viable option or only for show? Should I just go there and que up? 

I'll let you know in a few hours.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I need to produce a resident certificate and last time I was there I remember an app to book your appointment. Is this a viable option or only for show? Should I just go there and que up? 

I think the queq app is not working for jomtien immigration, this is the link for booking an appointment at jomtien 

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/

2 hours ago, chang50 said:

I'll let you know in a few hours.

You can book an appointment via the main Immigration web sit selecting Jomtien/Chonburi. Bit fiddly but it allows you to select the service you need the day and the time. I always select 1pm as that is when they reopen after lunch so I am first in the queue and usually walk straight in and up to the desk.

Queues outside are mainly Covid extensions

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

You can book an appointment via the main Immigration web sit selecting Jomtien/Chonburi. Bit fiddly but it allows you to select the service you need the day and the time. I always select 1pm as that is when they reopen after lunch so I am first in the queue and usually walk straight in and up to the desk.

When you say you walk straight in and up to the desk, you mean you swerve the gatekeeper and up to desk 8?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Well i had an appointment and I was prevented from going inside and they made me stand 30 minutes in the main queue outside..

2 minutes ago, chang50 said:

Well i had an appointment and I was prevented from going inside and they made me stand 30 minutes in the main queue outside..

After standing in the main queue were you able to get queue number and get the extension on the same day or they turned you away and told you to come back later?

11 minutes ago, Alldar said:

After standing in the main queue were you able to get queue number and get the extension on the same day or they turned you away and told you to come back later?

I got a queue number and  completed my extension same day...have to return Thursday for passport.. wondering will i be made to stand in the long queue for that?

2 minutes ago, chang50 said:

I got a queue number and  completed my extension same day...have to return Thursday for passport.. wondering will i be made to stand in the long queue for that?

You should be able to get the passport outside where they have 90-day report sign. At least you got the extension on the same day. They told me I have to come back on the last day of my entry stamp to do my extension.

2 minutes ago, Alldar said:

You should be able to get the passport outside where they have 90-day report sign. At least you got the extension on the same day. They told me I have to come back on the last day of my entry stamp to do my extension.

Thanks for the tip and sorry you have the stress of going to the last day.

• Thanks 1

Seems that the appointment system has been unable to cope with the sheer number of people attending immigration at Jomtien.Probably be ok later when the numbers drop but of course there won't be much need to use it then..

Yeah, I was there this morning 09:00 after bank visit to check the situation, and get ID pics, copies, etc., in preparations for the "big day" tomorrow (ret. ext.).

I asked a guy near the front of the queue and he said he had been there for around an hour, with probably another 10-15 minutes to go.

I also asked an officer about my booking for 09:15 tomorrow and he said just forget about it and queue up with the great unwashed hordes ????.

Oh well, a pity since the booking experience was first rate, I even got a reminder this morning. But I guess I can practice my meditation technique then ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chang50 said:

What was your total time at immigration? Did you make it out by 3? Sounds like it was busier than when I went.

They let me through to desk 8 when I went to pick up my passport just by waving my yellow card.

2 hours ago, biervoormij said:

What was your total time at immigration? Did you make it out by 3? Sounds like it was busier than when I went.

They let me through to desk 8 when I went to pick up my passport just by waving my yellow card.

It was busier I  was there about 90 minutes in total from 1.15 (I was early) to 2.45.I hope waving my card works on Thursday as the gatekeeper seemed a tad unwilling to listen to me and the wife when we tried to enter today.

Edited by chang50
More info.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, chang50 said:

It was busier I  was there about 90 minutes in total from 1.15 (I was early) to 2.45.I hope waving my card works on Thursday as the gatekeeper seemed a tad unwilling to listen to me and the wife when we tried to enter today.

When I went to pick up my passport the day after I extended, I bypassed the line (holding up my claim check for the passport and saying "picking up passport" as I passed).  No problem at the entry door and I went straight to Desk 8 - no need to  check with desk a the entrance.

• Like 1

Quick update from this morning: Arrived 07:30 to find 22 people already in line. Waited one hour and then they started letting people in. I was first in line for retirement extension (800K in FD acc.), back out around 08:40. Totally painless, spent the hour waiting chatting with some nice people (hello there guys!). I was given the 3 months "show us your money"-form, and told come back Friday after lunch to pick up passport. So now 2+ days. But as we can see, no need to queue for that (nor for showing the money), and I can do 90-day outside afterwards, so good to go for another year.

4 hours ago, soisanuk said:

When I went to pick up my passport the day after I extended, I bypassed the line (holding up my claim check for the passport and saying "picking up passport" as I passed).  No problem at the entry door and I went straight to Desk 8 - no need to  check with desk a the entrance.

Makes sense to do that, might reduce the queue somewhat, of course Immigration can't be bothered to tell people

I arrived 09:30 this morning for a 30 day extension, no queue for entry and given #66 while #35 was just called. Had to wait outside for an hour until #61 to 70 were allowed to go inside. 15 minutes inside until my turn. They kept my passport and said come back tomorrow at 10 am to pick up from front "90 day" tent....hope I don't lose that tiny docket 

I'll try the desk 8 thing mentioned above as there were long queues at the 90 day tent the whole time I was there

5 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Good info.Just hope there is a different guy standing just inside the right hand door because he wasn't letting anyone in for any reason at all

2 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Quick update from this morning: Arrived 07:30 to find 22 people already in line. Waited one hour and then they started letting people in. I was first in line for retirement extension (800K in FD acc.), back out around 08:40. Totally painless, spent the hour waiting chatting with some nice people (hello there guys!). I was given the 3 months "show us your money"-form, and told come back Friday after lunch to pick up passport. So now 2+ days. But as we can see, no need to queue for that (nor for showing the money), and I can do 90-day outside afterwards, so good to go for another year.

If you arrived at 7:30 when did you get your letter from the bank?, last year they refused us because we got the letter the day before. sorry just noticed you got it the day before

Edited by sometime

22 hours ago, Alldar said:

At least you got the extension on the same day. They told me I have to come back on the last day of my entry stamp to do my extension.

That doesn't make sense. My last day is Sat 12th and I got my extension today so 4 days before expiry. As they kept my passport I'm glad I didn't go on Friday as I wouldn't have been able to pick up passport until Monday, 2 days after my expiry

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

That doesn't make sense. My last day is Sat 12th and I got my extension today so 4 days before expiry. As they kept my passport I'm glad I didn't go on Friday as I wouldn't have been able to pick up passport until Monday, 2 days after my expiry

For me it doesn't make sense too. But there was nothing I could do. They refuse to talk with me. They say "full queue" which was obvious lie.

Day 2 of the extension process to "pick up my passport at 10am"

I turned up at 0930, no queue at 90 day tent, in and out with passport in 15 seconds.

Note: The queue at the entrance door was 3 rows of the zig zag line at 0930

I went yesterday for my 90 day report. It was 2pm on a Wednesday and I'm usually in and out in less than 5 minutes, just inside the gate I lined up behind about 15 people,, all in it took just under an hour and a half. I have been doing this for over 11 years, live in the same house all this time. I really think this is a complete waste of time and of course now Chonburi Immigration is an excellent place to catch Covid 19.

• Like 2